Moon Duo

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, spzretent, BzaInSpace, runcible

Moon Duo

Postby MODLAB » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:15 pm

Stream of the new album.

http://www.npr.org/2015/02/22/387203848 ... of-the-sun

I'm enjoying it. Love this psychedelic boogie...

M
Design.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Re: Moon Duo

Postby johnnyboy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Marvellous sounds as always with the Moon Duo. First listen now, halfway through the hypnotic 4/4 thump thump of Ice and can't stop my head nodding away. Would sound brilliant in a club. I've a signed copy of the album coming my way next week. Roll on the tour too, can't wait to get my boogie on.
johnnyboy
Known user

Postby angelsighs » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:12 pm

listened to this last night.. it's good and all that but Moon Duo are the Status Quo of the psych world aren't they? just remaking the same album over and over.

also the album cover for this one looks like an A level Psychology textbook from the 80s :)
angelsighs
Known user

Postby johnnyboy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:02 pm

johnnyboy
Known user

Postby MODLAB » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:04 pm

Me neither.

;)
Design.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Postby niamhm » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:18 pm

angelsighs wrote:listened to this last night.. it's good and all that but Moon Duo are the Status Quo of the psych world aren't they? just remaking the same album over and over.

also the album cover for this one looks like an A level Psychology textbook from the 80s :)

Not a fan then??

Gonna wait till next week for my album to come, pretty sure I`ll love it though, its an accusation plenty bands down the years have had thrown at them,
niamhm
Known user

Postby johnnyboy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:47 am

Great review here on Quietus http://thequietus.com/articles/17302-mo ... sun-review which highlights the delights behind that 'sameness' sound of theirs.
johnnyboy
Known user

Postby Hedspace » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:45 pm

definitely one of the better live band experiences out there at the moment.
Hedspace
Known user

Postby angelsighs » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:51 pm

niamhm wrote:
angelsighs wrote:listened to this last night.. it's good and all that but Moon Duo are the Status Quo of the psych world aren't they? just remaking the same album over and over.

Not a fan then??

Gonna wait till next week for my album to come, pretty sure I`ll love it though, its an accusation plenty bands down the years have had thrown at them,

yeah not the biggest fan- they're alright. I would definitely catch them again live if I can, but not really interested in buying any more of their records.
angelsighs
Known user

Postby runaway » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:24 am

Just had some Girl Scout Cookies and this is sounding sooo good.
runaway
Known user

Postby davedecay » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:13 am

tuesday night in philly - i really should get my ass down there.
davedecay
Known user

Postby niamhm » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:45 pm

Thought some might like this, NYTaper has full show recorded from earlier in the month, not heard it myself, downloading it at the minute, but their recordings are usually pretty good,

http://www.nyctaper.com/2015/03/moon-du ... -full-set/
niamhm
Known user

Postby Aquarian-Time » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:52 pm

The album doesn't appear to be going down well with the forumites it seems, I however think its great, more of the same obviously, but not a duff track on there for me.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Postby stegraham » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:21 pm

I must admit I'm liking it a lot, especially the "In A Cloud" track. That could go on for another 6 minutes and it'd still be too short for me! :D
stegraham
Known user

Postby sunray » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:59 pm

After the glory of the Mary Chain album I really wasn't expecting to hear another record demanding repeat listens from me. Certainly not so soon after anyway, yet Occult Architecture Vol.2 has me doing just that.

The two instrumentals are blowing me away and I really hope they explore this sound further rather than revert back to type.
I'm losing my edge, but I was there...
sunray
Known user

Postby olan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:17 pm

sunray wrote:After the glory of the Mary Chain album I really wasn't expecting to hear another record demanding repeat listens from me. Certainly not so soon after anyway, yet Occult Architecture Vol.2 has me doing just that.

The two instrumentals are blowing me away and I really hope they explore this sound further rather than revert back to type.

You have me worried now Joycey. I don't like the new JAMC LP much at all.
olan
Known user

Postby sunray » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:38 pm

olan wrote:
sunray wrote:After the glory of the Mary Chain album I really wasn't expecting to hear another record demanding repeat listens from me. Certainly not so soon after anyway, yet Occult Architecture Vol.2 has me doing just that.

I'll put that down to the dodgy hearing of an old man and/or a crap stereo :wink:

Fear not though, the Moon Duo album retains their sound but is a trippier, more blissful affair.
I'm losing my edge, but I was there...
sunray
Known user

Postby olan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:44 pm

sunray wrote:
olan wrote:

I'll put that down to the dodgy hearing of an old man and/or a crap stereo :wink:

Fear not though, the Moon Duo album retains their sound but is a trippier, more blissful affair.

That could well be it. It couldn't be that the JAMC LP is a tad shite, could it? It just seems to plod along. I might appreciate it more in a live setting, but it just doesn't do it for me or my cloth ears
olan
Known user

Return to Music (Dedicated to Fuzzhead)