Bobby Gillespie - 'Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down' comp

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Bobby Gillespie - 'Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down' comp

Post by BzaInSpace »

The ever amazing Ace records are releasing a mix by Bobby Gillespie.

Some incredible tracks on there, not least 'Born To Be With You' by Dion, which when recently on-the-spot was asked what my all-time favourite song was, I didn't hesitate to name this one.

Anyway, anything that has Evie Sands' unbelievable (and best) version of 'Anyway That You Want Me', Link Wray's 'Ice People', The 13th Floor Elevators as well as the Scream's own epic take of 'Darklands' sounds good to me...
O P 8
mojo filters
Known user

Re: Bobby Gillespie - 'Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down' comp

Post by mojo filters »

That Evie Sands is definitely the best version of that song. Although I do like the furious fiddles outake from one of Willie 's Spiritualized releases.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

BzaInSpace wrote:The ever amazing Ace records are releasing a mix by Bobby Gillespie.

Some incredible tracks on there, not least 'Born To Be With You' by Dion, which when recently on-the-spot was asked what my all-time favourite song was, I didn't hesitate to name this one.

Anyway, anything that has Evie Sands' unbelievable (and best) version of 'Anyway That You Want Me', Link Wray's 'Ice People', The 13th Floor Elevators as well as the Scream's own epic take of 'Darklands' sounds good to me...

If we're talking about versions of Mary Chain songs, I'm very partial to Sandie Shaw's version of 'About You'.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Could be their most worthwhile album in 13 years. :wink:
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

I bought this on the way up to Brudenell a few weeks back. Looks great! As a result I've been really enjoying Skip Spence - Oar for the past few days. Not listened to it for ages!
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots