Pusherman

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Aquarian-Time
Known user

Pusherman

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Any one into this circa 95-98 band. I saw the probably 4 times and thought they were outstanding. First time was watching The Verve at Manchester Roadhouse after This Is music was released and these guys opened up. Everyone sat down blissed out as this kind of Psych Stoner Rock took shape, 2 singers loads of swagger. But boy they liked their narcotics ! I Saw them in Liverpool on a joint support with the much maligned 18 Wheeler and they were great, we ended up in their Hotel at the Adelphi, never seen scenes like it, absolute Carnage. Saw them I think, twice more. The album was a bit over produced and lost a bit of the rawness that I loved in their live sets, but tracks like Whole, Chase It, Show Me Slowly (single version pisses all over the album one), The aim indeed are all solid gold winners for me. Anyway not long after they split, backing singer /percussionist chap died and since then about 7 years ago Andy frank the lead singer died as well.
Picked up the LP off Discogs this week to replace my very worn cd version
BROKENHEART
Known user

Re: Pusherman

Post by BROKENHEART »

Saw Pusherman twice back in the day.The first time was (according to the ticket stub i kept) was at the Wedgewood Rooms Portsmouth on Nov 5th 1995 ( shit,i can't believe its 20 years this week ! ) . This gig was a "Maker Shaker Stella Dry Run " promotion with other bands } Powder,Strangelove and Elcka . I remember being blown away by them that night.
The 2nd gig was supporting Radiohead at Portsmouth Guildhall of which the date i am not sure . I was then, and am not now a big Radiohead fan ,but i had to see Pusherman again .
Bought the album as soon as it came out in 1996 ( Floored ) , favourites from the album are Chase it and Floored . I will always remember the first gig because the lead singer came onstage with just trousers on, no top and no shoes or socks and was doing some sort of indian chant to the cacophony of guitar feedback and noise .
Great band, great memories, thanks for bringing them back .
niamhm
Known user

Re: Pusherman

Post by niamhm »

Never seen them, but I do have the album on cd, still dig it out occasionally, quite a hard listen in a sitting, but some belting tracks as well, I do remember checking up and noticing two members had died,