Forthcoming 2017 Albums

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

TheWarmth
Known user

Forthcoming 2017 Albums

Post by TheWarmth »

What do we have to look forward to?

I'm interested in the new Clark album coming out on Warp (April 7th) and the new Charlatans (May 26), but other than that, I can't think of anything that has a release date.

We most assuredly will be getting these sooner or later:

Ride
Slowdive
Spiritualized
Mogwai - Can't believe they just announced shows in fucking November/December already, but whatever. Hopefully the album comes sooner than that.
simonkeeping
Known user

Re: Forthcoming 2017 Albums

Post by simonkeeping »

Not that I'm particulally a fan of his solo stuff but I'm interested to hear what Noel Gallaghers new album sounds like with David Holmes behind the desk?

Ariel Pinks new album is imminent I think too? Looking for ward to that. And no doubt another 28 Ty Segall albums before the end of the year.
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Looking forward to (amongst those above):

The Cosmic Dead
Cult Of Dom Keller (live album getting vinyl release)
10,000 Russos
The Black Angels
Follakazoid & J Spaceman
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

aside from those already mentioned above, I'm looking forward to new albums from:

Sleepy Sun
Do Make Say Think
Grizzly Bear
Fleet Foxes (second album was disappointing, really hope they recover on the new one)
The War on Drugs (realise this could go either way too..)
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Sleepy Sun? Hope you are right and they have a new one this year. Been too long...
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Laz69 wrote:Sleepy Sun? Hope you are right and they have a new one this year. Been too long...
They posted a clip from a vinyl test pressing on their Facebook page, so I think they do have a new album coming out soon.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

New Sleepy Sun album definitely on the way in 'Spring/Summer'. They've been posting cryptic messages on twitter
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Spectrum :roll: :wink: :lol:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

new Sleepy Sun single 'Seaquest' is out.. on spotify.. I don't have spotify so will have to wait I guess!
Shinesalight wrote:Spectrum :roll: :wink: :lol:
don't even joke about that :D
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Just bought the new one from Laetitia Sadier. I didn't know it was on the way but it is nice to have an alternative to COAM to feed my Stereolab addiction.

I really miss Stereolab :cry:
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Also looking forward to checking out the Michael Head album which should be out in the summer
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

Oh man, this year is gonna hurt my wallet :mrgreen:
Especially all those deluxe limited edition type things. The new Gorillaz : double lp plus book €70. And I know I am going to order it anyway. :roll:
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

Cheval Sombre - Sonic mentioned he's been produced the album, and there's been a couple of 7 inches recently. Hopefully the album won't be too long off.

Gulp - loved the first one. They've just released a new single, and some gig dates. Album shortly?

Isobel Campbell - she announced on FB recently that she's got a new record recorded, but is having trouble getting it released. Not sure why or what is goign on there?

St Etienne - out in June. Pre-ordered it. Like the new single.

Perfect Kiss - mini album out later this week (I think). The guys from the Yearning - more poppy and electronic.

Also,

Slowdive
Ride
Luna? (Covers album?)
Spiritualized?

Hopefully some suprises too!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

not seeming a vintage year for albums yet from my POV. the Ride and Slowdive albums are respectable comeback efforts, and I like the Black Angels record a lot, but nothing leaping out at me as album of the year contender yet. the new album I most like is the Do Make Say Think one but even that's just business as usual really.

new Fleet Foxes is a disappointment, where have all the wonderful melodies gone from the first album. the whole album just flies by in a nondescript haze.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

An EP rather than an album, but there's new Carlton Melton coming out soon

https://www.normanrecords.com/records4/ ... den-lights

https://youtu.be/qTIhkq5ndK8
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Two of my favourite musicians Simon Raymonde (formerly bass player with the Cocteau Twins and current owner of the Bella Union label) and Ritchie Thomas (former drummer for Dif Juz) are releasing an LP on Bella Union under the Lost Horizons moniker. The LP is out in November and they are gigging from October onwards. Their first ever show will be at Leaf on Bold Street in Liverpool which is a tiny venue. The list of guest vocalists is very impressive. The song they have made available sounds really interesting.

Spz were supposedly releasing their next LP on Bella Union but they had disappeared off the BU www page the last time I looked.... :?
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Dif Juz were a great and underheralded band. I'll check that out
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

angelsighs wrote:Dif Juz were a great and underheralded band. I'll check that out
If you mean unheralded, that is the opposite of what they are around here. :D . Dif Juz were doing what would become known as post-rock in the early to mid-1980s. They were a phenomenal live act too. I saw them twice supporting the Cocteau Twins and once with The Wolfgang Press (another phenomenal entrant in the bands-who-got-away category). The last time I heard anything of Dif Juz, or the members, was in about 1989, so this is big, big news in my sad little world :lol: .
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

whoops yes unheralded is what I meant, of course.. I blame autocorrect.. honest :)

the drummer was actually one of the best things about them too so this is good news.