Forgive me but........

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

????Spiritualised????
New user

Forgive me but........

Post by ????Spiritualised???? »

im new to this forum, as you can probably quess (1. this is my first post and 2. i spelt Spiritualized wrong in my username).

im just looking for a bit of info on Spiritualized, ive heard of them (or is it him?) before but have never heard any of their stuff and im going to see them next thursday.
what kind of music do they play?
probably a stupid question to ask on a spiritualized site, but are they any good?
are there any bands you could compare them to to give me an idea of what theyre all about?
and most importantly do you think i'll enjoy the gig bearing in mind i know nothing about them and havent heard any of their stuff?

any help would be great.

cheers

andy.
Is this not a reasonable place to park?
mbv
Known user

Post by mbv »

i think you'll enjoy it! there's no band around that you could compare them too. if you had the rolling stones, the stooges, the sun ra arkestra and the memphis horns jamming together on jupiter that's kinda what it sounds like! :)
????Spiritualised????
New user

cheers mate, i reckon i should enjoy it alright, i love live music, im a bit of a concert whore!!

do they play music that'll have the crowd jumping up and down or are they better suited to seated gigs, in other words do they rock the place?

cheers

andy.
will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

NAH MATE, THEY'RE SHITE...

...but seriously, they once sucked out my brain through my eyeballs.

Not really to dance to, or to sit comfortably - it's more a kind of standing in awe struck contemplation kind of thing. Imagine being killed softly with a song, in a sonic cathedral of crystal noise. Or something.

Pass the substances Algy, there's a good fellow.
????Spiritualised????
New user

"Imagine being killed softly with a song, in a sonic cathedral of crystal noise"

no idea what that means, either youve taken too many drugs or i havent taken enough.

anyway ive heard jason isnt too hot a singer and they use some kind of thingymajig whatsit to make it sound like he sings in tune. is this true and does it sound good?

cheers andy
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Thingymajig? He used a telephone set-up as a microphone on the last tour to get the right sound for Rated X, but otherwise as far as I'm aware he just goes for. As for overdubs on Albert Hall or anything, I wouldn't like to comment.
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

agreed, i think only on rated x does he use that telephone mic gadget and that's probably because he recorded the original vocals for that track over the phone.

as for the show, what types of bands/shows do you enjoy? spz shows tend to be very loud, great light show, and the band just play right on through till the end. no antics, no chatter, no trousers stuffed with armadillos. be patient and listen and you'll enjoy.