The Real Complete Works ~ Discs 8 & 9?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

TheWarmth
Known user

The Real Complete Works ~ Discs 8 & 9?

Post by TheWarmth »

As I was not involved with the compilation of the original 7 discs of the Real Complete Works, I'm not sure how you guys worked this out, but ... it seems to me that there could be two additional discs with the live and b-side material, plus (ideally) a few unreleased live tracks from the Let It Come Down/Amazing Grace period. I know there aren't really any b-sides from Amazing Grace, but perhaps we could compile some of the best tracks from the more recent live shows that are floating around.

Let me know what you think. I'd be more than willing to help.
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

The only thing I'm dying to hear is how Shine a Light sounded when they busted it out in those final few shows........
spaceman13
Known user

Post by spaceman13 »

Off the top of my head, Dont Just Do Something from the XFM session (if I remember correctly Do it all over again :arrow: Come together from the same session made it onto the seven disc set) and I'm really into the "Desert" part of Cop Shoot Cop from the Englewood CO show from this past tour.

have yet to hear shine a light from this past tour yet as well.
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

Don't know if you'd want to include radio sessions in this, but I've got at least a full cd worth of high quality recordings from LICD/AG era.
Probably closer to 3 discs worth though so it might be too much.
Either way it's available to whomever heads this project.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

[quote="spaceman13"]Off the top of my head, Dont Just Do Something from the XFM session (if I remember correctly Do it all over again :arrow: Come together from the same session made it onto the seven disc set) quote]

I'm almost positive that those XFM sessions aren't on the 7 disc set and, for that matter, that none of the b-sides or live tracks from LICD are on there. I'll have to double-check tonight, though.

Going Down Slow and Rock And Roll would have to be on disc 8, too. I really enjoy both of those tracks.
spaceman13
Known user

Post by spaceman13 »

[quote]I'm almost positive that those XFM sessions aren't on the 7 disc set and, for that matter, that none of the b-sides or live tracks from LICD are on there. I'll have to double-check tonight, though.

take on the voice of Ed McMahon: You are correct sir!

went back and check the setlist and your right, the XFM session didn't make the seven disc set.