Trading, Polling and Losing the Plot

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Ian Goodchild
Known user

Trading, Polling and Losing the Plot

Post by Ian Goodchild »

First, is it me, or is this 'trading' shit getting out of hand? Would the moderators be kind enough to set up a TRADING section, because the 'setting up trees' threads and the begging messages that ensue
are dominating this board like the Strokes and the Shite Wipes dominate the NME (e.g. at the exclusion of everything).

I'm also confused on another issue...I know most people don't like 'Amazing Grace'. I know some people hate 'Complete Works I and II' (er...myself especially. I have - and will - vent my spleen about these atrocities until I'm blue(r) in the face), and I also know that I contributed to the 'Worst Spiritualized Song' thread. I'm sorry I did now :cry: . Ain't that strange? Does anyone else feel that way?

And $26's :roll: poll - 'Has Jason run out of steam'...? (A subtle euphemism for 'I think Jason's rubbish now, don't you?') worries me. For a mod, on a board which is, like, a Spiritualized Fan-site is this a good thing? What next "What's the worst lead guitar playing on a Spiritualized song?" or how about "How many people think Jason overused the organ sound too much on Ladies and Gentlemen....'?" I suspect that your justification for this poll-post may be that your intention was to encourage 'lively debate' (well, some of the posts ARE interesting, some are predictably partisan, stupid and infantile, others surreal and stupefying). But I can't go along with that argument. Setting up that kind of debate is just overkill: unnecessary and beneath you. If the only time that people come to these boards is to write "Jason's crap", things are in a parlous state indeed. But then, it is thought-provoking. For instance, it provoked me to think: "These boards are getting f'n stoopid."

We all - Spiritualized fans that is - have plenty of opportunities to come here to these boards and slag off, or occasionally (when we slip up) even
constructively criticise Jason in OTHER threads, without the need to create new threads specifically aimed at getting further heat on him. Would you rather be slagging him off, or listening to the music? If you feel he's in the Autumn of his career...last legs...lost, or losing the plot...no longer relevant/real/authentic...go listen to Radiohead. Franz Ferdinand. The Darkness. The 'THE' bands. Read the NME. Or kill yourself....it's all the same.

And then this 'Autumn of his career' crap...what is he supposed to be - Peter f'n Pan? I mean, if the guy's nearly 40, and has kids, then surely he can't produce meaningful music anymore, has lost his inspiration and should never enter a recording studio again? Right? Isn't this Sickboy's theory of 'Everyone loses it in the end' (from the film of 'Trainspotting')? I don't subscribe to this. Like everyone else, Jason has lapses of judgement (often) and get's his butt (metaphorically) kicked when he drops a clanger. But unlike everyone else, Jason has MANY moments of beautiful, quiet, lucid, subtle inspiraton which (nearly, but not actually) could make one believe he really is a genius.

For all the people who hate 'Amazing Grace'...how many of you bought it? How many of you have played it enough to actually know the lyrics, feel the music, and say, 'Oh, hey, that's actually not so bad.' The least self-indulgent, most honest and most representative sound of Spiritualized since the ultra-stripped down 1991-mid-1992 era (I'm not saying it's as good as that stuff, just that it encompasses who and what they are).

But, probably better than anyone, I know that there's no point in trying to make you like this LP if you don't (I could cite the lyrical continuity, highlight the unnoticed and unmentioned lyrical and musical influences that have occurred to me over time, that some of the songs and the whole LP is completely self-contained - an act of deliberate finality, suggesting that this is a done deal and the next LP will sound nothing like this one). I still really love 'Amazing Grace'....quite why I feel the need to defend it as strongly as I do, I don't know.

If you hate Amazing Grace, CWVI and II and feel that Jason's continuing attitude of perpetual indifference makes it difficult to see if he cares what HIS audience think about HIS music is indicative of a musician who needs to be put in the knacker's yard, then fine. But to paraphrase John Lennon: "All I am saying...is give Pierce a chance" and see what he has in store for 2004 (n.b. that 'pun' is actually from an NME article in 1992 but the sentiment I share).
nasty
Known user

Post by nasty »

If you feel he's in the Autumn of his career...last legs...lost, or losing the plot...no longer relevant/real/authentic...go listen to Radiohead. Franz Ferdinand. The Darkness. The 'THE' bands. Read the NME. Or kill yourself....it's all the same.
Ian, with you on the trading shit and I can understand where you're coming from bitching about the negativity on this board, perhaps it came about to balance some of the mindless adoration that previously dominated. However, which ever way I read it I can't make any sense at all from this comment! Are you suggesting that only those that think AG/LICD are wonderful should be posting? and why should it follow that those who don't should listen to shit or kill themselves?! Please explain
mazza
Known user

Post by mazza »

well said fellow.

i love amazing grace, and can't wait to hear some of it on monday night in glasgow. i hope they play "rated x", but going by the galway setlist looks like this has been booted out :(

obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, some like AG some don't, it's a personal thing. how many people would still be buying spiritualized albums if they made LGM over and over again? isn't that what's happened to oasis?

spiritualized are still as important to me as ever, and i reckon "old" jason has a few more great albums in him yet.

more optimism please :D
mbv
Known user

Post by mbv »

Everyday I wake up
And I take my medication
And I spend the rest of the day
Waiting for it to wear off
Every night I stay up late
And make my state more desperate
And I spend the rest of the night
I'm waiting for a time when I can be without
These things that make me feel
This way all of the time.
Every now and then
I get an urge to drive around
Get into my car then I'll
Maybe go uptown
Take my medication
Do my best to get it on
And I spend the rest of the night
Everytime I say this
I just know this time I mean it
But a feeling deep inside
Says it's okay one more time
Makes me feel so good
Makes me feel so fine
Makes me feel so good
Leaves me fucked up inside
Medicate my days
Medicate my eyes
Medicate my life
Gonna feel alright
Gonna feel so good
Gonna feel just fine
Don't feel so good
Don't feel just fine
Don't feel so good
Leaves me fucked up inside
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Ian:

I'm terrible sorry that these "trading" threads have gotten so out of hand here that they have interfered with your daily reading of the board. I suspect that because you already have "everything" Spiritualized that you are not in the least interested in these threads. But these threads were not set up for those as fortunate as you. They are for the ones who do not have all of the hard to get Spz material up through LAGWAFIS. And I'm not sure where all of your negativity is coming from. And here's another suggestion: skip the threads. :shock:

Instead of bashing the generous sharing of Spz music that is now going on for the FIRST TIME ON THIS BOARD, why don't you offer everyone something from your collection? I privately emailed you a few weeks ago and offered to send you a gratuitous copy of the seven cd set when you complained that the sound quality might not be to your standards, but you still haven't replied.

And as a final thought, I have no sympathy for those elitist collectors who hoard their collections, unwilling to SHARE anything unless they get a trade for something they don't already have. Am I the only one on this board who is capable of GIVING WITHOUT RECEIVING???

As Jason puts it: WHOOOO, COME ON!!
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

And as a final thought, I have no sympathy for those elitist collectors who hoard their collections, unwilling to SHARE anything unless they get a trade for something they don't already have. Am I the only one on this board who is capable of GIVING WITHOUT RECEIVING???
no you aren't, so you can stop patting yourself on the back. it was an extremely nice gesture of you to share that complete collections you had, but it is certainly not the first time i've seen things shared round these parts. and speaking for myself, i've got no sympathy for people who think they are somehow entitled to something i've spent a lot of time, effort and money acquiring.
Danny
New user

Post by Danny »

So childish.
Last edited by Danny on Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

no you aren't, so you can stop patting yourself on the back. it was an extremely nice gesture of you to share that complete collections you had, but it is certainly not the first time i've seen things shared round these parts. and speaking for myself, i've got no sympathy for people who think they are somehow entitled to something i've spent a lot of time, effort and money acquiring.[/quote]

First, I'm not patting anything on my body and I hardly did any of this for simple ego gratification as you suggest. I did it because of the dissatisfaction expressed on this board about CWV I & II. I was responding, however, to what I perceived as unnecessary whining about a worth while project on the part of someone who is not interested because he already has everything in the set. And yes, others have traded on this site, but not on the level that is currently under way.

And you are correct, no one is entitled to your collection. So save it for your self and enjoy.
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

a little hint for you, not all people feel the need to post their generosities, and therefore you haven't a clue about what has been shared and by whom. i happen to know that there are plenty of people around these parts who have acquired plenty of live recordings, including myself, through the generosity of others. this usually happens as people get to "know" each other over time and thus it becomes more meaningful. i'd much rather send some shows to someone i've talked to as i know they will genuinely appreciate it. i'm really not an elitist, except to those who demand and expect as opposed to those who are polite and understanding.
will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

That's funny...I didn't read any actual criticism of the 'trading' thing in the first post in this thread, only the justifiable complaint that 'discussion' had been suspended in lieu of endless strings of people (in my humble opinion sad people, but don't get hung up about that) saying 'me too, me too'.

I think it's nice that someone has done it...well done you. I suppose I am in the minority for not being remotely interested in even the official complete works (actually - do I have all the official albums? I've never checked). So just carry on - you must be right, there's so many of you.

I don't like the production values apparent in AG. Some of the songs are quite good. LICD is good, some of it sounds like Brian Wilson, but not as difficult. PP has too many John Cage rip offs on it, and isn't poppy enough - I prefer my 7" copy of Good Dope Good Fun on Yellow vinyl (is that what it's called?). Jason looks fun. Is he really a spaceman? I wonder what fags he smokes.

To be honest, I don't really like music.
Silent Corner/Empty Stage
Known user

Post by Silent Corner/Empty Stage »

Nina Simone said it best "If you try to give everyone what they want you'll have nothing left." You can't satisy everyone. I have found the board lately not very worth reading. There are way too many threads going on the "real" complete works, we only need 1 don't we? And I agree that Amazing Grace once you listen to it a few times, and really give it a chance proves to be a pretty good album. I still have some issues with the album seeming sorta demoish but I get the idea behind it. And I loved seeing it performed live. I still don't understand all teh slamming of the CWI & II, no they're definitely not complete but they're a hell of a lot cheaper than tracking down a ton of singles on ebay. And for anyone who got into the band after 93 CWI is a goldmine. Mindless praise is boring but all the slagging off is equally dull.
mbv
Known user

Post by mbv »

this is a forum right? enough said. I have visited the forums here once or twice in the last six months, being amused and bemused by certain things I'd read. I think you, the guy who started this thread should do whatever you think is right. Me being me I would have talked to the admin first about starting a trading section, if I'd have found this topic so offensive. As an aside, I haven't listened to Amazing Grace yet, although I downloaded it 3 months ago. I do plan to listen to it sometime, I heard It Hit Me And It Felt Like A Kiss on Peel's show and it didn't hit me. The great thing about music is good music is timeless. I don't give a fuck if I first saw Spiritualized in '92, I'd loved to have been at a Stooges or a Stones gig in '69, but I got there in my own time. I do plan on listening to AG sometime but I've already got enough for a lifetime.
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

Ian: I'm not sure how the other mods feel about, but I think I'll be letting the trading posts be for a while. The reasons are several: First, they all fall under a 'trading' headline, and don't interrupt normal threads of conversation. Second, a person can easily skip the threads as I've been doing mostly if they're not interested. Third, we mods don't have the ability to start new forums anyway, so your initial request is impossible for us to appease. Fourth, and most importantly, I'm of the mind that tape trees are a good things and those that start them are generous. It may clutter up the forum for a bit but anyone can skip those threads and start new conversations if that's where their interests lie.

As for the rest of your post, I'm sure it's really interesting, but it's damned long and deals with several completely different topics, so I'll get to it later this evening, as I simply don't have time at the moment.
twentysixdollars
Known user

I was midway through a pretty impressive reply (I thought) when my browswer locked and froze, so here it is in abbreviated form (phew!).
We have a lot in common, Ian. We're both blustery, tiresome former academes, both fond of overweening generalizations and posts far longer than most reasonable people are willing to read. But at least I don't have your self-righteous petulance: You actually suggested that those that dare disagree with you are better off dead!

You also have a self-righteous streak that I could get lost in. Anyone who doesn't share your views, you say, is simply not listening to the record right: proper listening invariably reveals that Ian's right. And I'm consistently amazed that you miss how ridiculous half of what you say turns out to be.

When I found out that Jason was heading into the studio in early 2003, I was excited; when I found out that he was making a pared-down rock record, I was elated; and when it was revealed that the release would be a taut, terse, quick, improvisatory, jazz-influenced 'garage-rock' record, I was positively boiling over with anticipation. Because I had recently moved out of arts criticism, I wasn't party to an advance copy; and I resisted downloading it, which led to a slew of hilariously ill-informed comments on the old message board. Rather, I bought it the day of release, and listened, and listened, and listened. I liked it a little then, but gradually the hollowness of it revealed itself to me.

First of all it turned out all the pre-release hype was nonsense. There were exactly four rockers on the record: one (This Little Life of Mine) was closer to modern commercial 'rap-metal' than 'garage rock', and another (Cheapster) was just plain pants. The other two were both rewrites of Electricity. Enjoyable rewrites, but rewrites nonetheless. There was no improvisatory spirit, there were no jazz influences, and the energy level was rather slack.

And the rest was ballads, ballads, ballads, old, borrowed, and blue, one of which even boasted a big, booming, LAGWAFIS-sized arrangement, and one of which was just a rewrite (again) of the title hymn with an admittedly powerful intro. There was only one tune of note - Ballad of Richie Lee - which genuinely sounded unlike anything he'd done before. It was a classic, the only one on the record, and only served to reveal how dull the rest of the material was. The band sounded listless; Jason's vocals were overstated and overdramatic. Lyrically there was nothing new on display, besides a long-expected outing of Jason's atheism (yawn). As for 'tautness,' there were at least three tunes that went nowhere, at least three that were among the worst he's ever recorded, and a complete waste of some authentic jazzers on a pair of noodlers. LICD may have been terribly overproduced, but at least it was larded with great songs; Amazing Grace presented a great, gaping dearth of new ideas. This wasn't just a casual misstep, a failed experiment, it was water-treading shallowness. Even the sequencing was faulty, with the song selection petering out mightily after Richie Lee. It clearly cemented Jason's fall from grace, the 'autumn of his career' as I've often called it. LICD may have been a 'lapse of judgment' (your term), but Amazing Grace was a big fat Nothing.

So to answer your question, yes, I bought it, and I listened to it plenty. And that's the conclusion I came to. I'm still looking forward to his future work, but I do believe it's time we stop expecting masterpieces from him, lest we be disappointed at every turn. In fact, at the moment, I'm expecting very little.

I start threads such as these to foster conversation and debate, yes; and I even enjoy reading your posts, sometimes. But to suggest that we limit posts to Pierce sycophants is absurd.
runaway
Known user

Re: Trading, Polling and Losing the Plot

Post by runaway »

Ian Goodchild wrote:First, is it me, or is this 'trading' shit getting out of hand? Would the moderators be blah blah de blah blah blah. Blah blahhh blah blah blah! 'Amazing Grace' blah de blah blahhh blah blah. Blah blah blahblah blah de blah...
And $26's :roll: poll - 'Has Jason run out of steam'...? Wahhh wah wah! Wah ahh wah wah waaahhhhhhhhhh, wahh wah wahhh wah wah. Wah wah wah. Wah wah waaaaaaaahhhhhh wah wah! Wah wah waahhh wah waahhh wah wah wah wah. Waahh wah wa wah wah waaahhh wah.
Blah blah waah wah blah wah blah.
Waaaahhhhhhh blah de blah blah wah, Blah blah wah blah wah. Wah blah blahhh wah waaahh blah...................

Guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
Muscles
Known user

Post by Muscles »

Ian Goodprick

Your analysis is interesting and heartwarming like my grandma's chicken soup...your MOTHERFUCKING of Jason is understandable and applaudable as one of his 40 something contempories it must irk you no end that bands from Detroit like the WHITE STRIPES can go into the recording studio and bust out something as vibrant and fresh as WHITE BLOOD CELLS, DE STIJL, and ELEPHANT in a few afternoons for a few quid.

While JASON wastes 500,000 quid on an ORCHESTRA and PILLS then does a 360 and decides he wants to be a GARAGE BAND?

I feel yer pain.

As mind numbing and appalling as this is...I like you, try and stick by him because his MUSIC has brought me to the FIREPLACE with a tight lipped CHICK with a HOT ASS more times then i care to remember...

But yer futile attempts to convince a rather savy music contingency that "AMAZING POOP" is worth our time falls on deaf ears. This release is at once ridiculous and unlistenable. And yer ERUDITE babble further enhances my hatred for it and any emotional connection i would have by way of sentimentality is immediately erased by your RAT BITE way of gnawing it into my head... that YOU think it's GREAT. (EARTH TO GOODDICK!... COME IN GOODDICK? It's fucking RANCID!) Over and Out!

I don't know you.

And I don't care to know you...

I am convinced you are a fan because you continually tell me and whoever else reads yer bullshit that you are a fan...but trying to convince anyone with a BRAIN that "AMAZING POOP" is worth putting in yer CD player shows me how desperate and pathetic you and yer LEADER really are.

CONGRATS GOODDICK!

you win!
unkle_karl
Known user

Post by unkle_karl »

I know I shouldn't have laughed at that last post, but....

Anyway, I think it's pretty valid for people to be asking questions about whether Jason's run out of steam. First of all, when these posts are made, there's always a good number of people leaping to defend Spriritualized (like yourself Ian), which is good. Secondly, most criticism on here is usually done quite constructively, especially considering that this is an internet messageboard!! For example I think when the post about running out of steam was made, $26 compared ths situation to Dylan never making another masterpiece, rather a 'Time Out Of Mind'. To me criticism is fine when done like this, rather than "OMG J HAZ LOST IT LOL HE IZ STILL SUPA BUFF THO :LKJ GK:LDFJGLKDFALKGBJKK" ahem.....

I think with a band such as spiritualized there is always going to be a group of fan who is now slightly jaded with the band, which again isn't a bad thing. It's just that whilst they loved spiritualized, that band has moved on. I don't see why (a) people can't just understand that some fans don't like every single direction that Jason takes, and that there will be jaded fans around who will criticise, and (b) these fans, whilst they shouldn't force themselves to like everything that Jason puts out, can't accept that Spiritualized will evolve in the way that Jason wants.

Criticise sure, but for me one of the reasons I love Spiritualized so much is this dogged refusal to stand still musically. Perhaps you think Amazing Grace was a bit misjugded. That's fine! I thought that when Spz did that gig with the choir, it sounded like one of the best ideas ever. When I got hold of a copy of the gig, it just didn't quite work. But not many bands around would put what was widely regarded as the best live band in the world at that time, to perform with a choir. Hmm...I'll stop rambling now. Roll on Rock City on Monday!
nasty
Known user

Post by nasty »

$26 wrote: We have a lot in common, Ian. We're both blustery, tiresome former academes
Guys, this is not the first time you've felt it necessary to boast your academic qualifications within the context of a music discussion forum. Do you not realise that it comes across as a bit pompous, is hardly relevant and that you are by no means the only ones?
Ian Goodchild
Known user

Post by Ian Goodchild »

Right...apparently I'm an intellectual fascist and a Jasonophile and a sycophant. Obviously, I need to be more like 'Muscles' - see below for his wit and intelligence....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ian Goodprick [funny....when I was six, we used to substitute part of our friends' names and surnames for puns and innuendos. Great stuff.]

Your analysis is interesting and heartwarming like my grandma's chicken soup...your MOTHERFUCKING of Jason is understandable and applaudable as one of his 40 something contempories

[I'm not 40, I'm not even 30. At this point you may wish to read the sticky regarding etiquette, and you may also wish to actually read the post where I say how sick I am of Jason sycophants. Was that a joke with the chicken soup? I didn't get it.]

it must irk you no end that bands from Detroit like the WHITE STRIPES can go into the recording studio and bust out something as vibrant and fresh as WHITE BLOOD CELLS, DE STIJL, and ELEPHANT in a few afternoons for a few quid.

[Bands from Detroit like the MC5 do things for me. White Stripes don't. Jackie White must like your tongue between his butt-cheeks...but, do you find your nose gets too brown?]

While JASON wastes 500,000 quid on an ORCHESTRA and PILLS then does a 360 and decides he wants to be a GARAGE BAND?

[It's called 'CHANGE IN DIRECTION'. It's different to every song sounds the same tactics as used by the bands you adore].

I feel yer pain.

[No, you don't.]

As mind numbing and appalling as this is...I like you, try and stick by him because his MUSIC has brought me to the FIREPLACE with a tight lipped CHICK with a HOT ASS more times then i care to remember...

[Errrr....yes you obviously listen to Spiritualized for all the right reasons. I wish I was a girl. Your wit and intelligence would have ME in the sack in 2.8 seconds, you stud-muffin].

But yer futile attempts to convince a rather savy music contingency that "AMAZING POOP" is worth our time falls on deaf ears. This release is at once ridiculous and unlistenable.

[Amazing Poop! Hilarious stuff! ps. Sp. on 'savy']

And yer ERUDITE babble further enhances my hatred for it and any emotional connection i would have by way of sentimentality is immediately erased by your RAT BITE way of gnawing it into my head... that YOU think it's GREAT. (EARTH TO GOODDICK!... COME IN GOODDICK? It's fucking RANCID!) Over and Out!

[Ha Great Stuff! More!!! Get this guy his own fucking board! We have the new Lenny Bruce crossed with Albert Goldman as a resource, on our boards].

I don't know you.

[That's right. But I adore you.]

And I don't care to know you...

[Now, that's just plain mean. I'd care to meet you.]

I am convinced you are a fan because you continually tell me and whoever else reads yer bullshit that you are a fan...but trying to convince anyone with a BRAIN that "AMAZING POOP" is worth putting in yer CD player shows me how desperate and pathetic you and yer LEADER really are.

[Who is my leader? I'm confused?]

CONGRATS GOODDICK!

you win!

[The sad thing for you, little boy, is that I do. I always do.]

Have a nice day! :D
Muscles
Known user

Post by Muscles »

IAN?

You must also be a professor?

I like the way you graded my CRITIQUE OF YOU with yer own CRITIQUE of my CRITIQUE!

Did I at least get a C?

GENIUS!

Let's have another of yer longwinded monologues about the merits of "AMAZING POOP" and how WE don't understand.

I thought you retired from this board?

YOU are the only one who consistently MOANS about fucking JASON.

I think he's done a FANTASTIC JOB until AP.

I think you are the one that convinced me to buy the piece of shit in the first place and for that I owe you...a nice FAT drink?

LET'S MEET UP!

I would like to reward you for yer recommendation?

WHERE SHALL WE MEET?

i miss you!

:twisted:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Because I am a moderator on this message board I was wondering whether we should have a seperate Ian Goodchild forum?
Maybe a poll?
Your thoughts people?

Spz
Muscles
Known user

Muscles

Post by Muscles »

Spz...

Sounds like a good idea.

Let him ramble incessantly about the merits of Jason's CHANGING DIRECTION because of the ENERGY OF THE WHITE STRIPES leading him to the trough.

SPACE MONKEY SEE, SPACE MONKEY DOO DOO!

yes give him his own SHOW!

IAN GOODDICK will now put us to SLEEP!

Excellent.
twentysixdollars
Known user

spzretent wrote:Because I am a moderator on this message board I was wondering whether we should have a seperate Ian Goodchild forum?
Maybe a poll?
Your thoughts people?

Spz
Yeah! Yeah! I'd definitely read that. Or perhaps a weekly column: Ian G's Universe Where Everyone Who Don't Like It Can Go Fuck Themselves And Commit Suicide.

And Ian, if you're reading this, I actually don't dislike you, and you're clearly a clever boy, so you should be proud of yourself for posting some of the most interesting ideas this board has ever seen, despite their being wrapped in self-righteous grandstanding.
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

all right ian, give 'em hell. i too am tired of this constant degrading of jason and the music he creates. if you don't like it "F" off and go somewhere else. now i am not saying that you must appreciate everything that he releases, its just this constant bashing is a bit much.

heres a thought, go create a new website http://www.whyspiritualizedsuck.com. there you can rant and moan and piss and complain. you will be as happy as a pig in shit. for me though, i will continue to wave the flag for AMAZING GRACE and everything prior. people you must realize, spz are one in a million. opinions aside, we all come here because we KNOW SPIRITUALIZED ARE BRILLIANT.

xxxshonnxxx
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

For fucks sake. Is it me or is this the worst thread ever? I can't see what it was in Ian's orginal post that made everyone want to resort to petty insults. [With exception to one or two more sensible posts]. So Ian suggested a trading board because this one was getting clogged up with it. He didn't say trading was shit or that it shouldn't happen, just that it would be a good thing if we could have a dedicated area for it. So he said he can't understand why alot of people don't like amazing grace. Alot of people have said that about other things. i for instance can't understand why anyone would prefer the pure phase version of Good Times to the single version, but I don't expect a whole heap of abuse for it.

I don't have the time, energy or even perhaps the ability for long articulate posts that ask interesting questions or provide detailed analysis of a record, but I have to take my hat of to those who do bother. Whether you agree with them or not Ian's posts raise interesting points, and if you disagree with them fucking do so in an aticulate way, without just rubbishing the poster. The only redeeming thing over this thread was that it brought out the most errudite criticsm of AG that I have seen - from mr $26 himself. I tend to agree more with $26's view on it rather than Ian's but I respect his right to venture his opinions, and hopefully he can do this without the petty insults that have appeared on this thread.
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

Very tiresome this, isn't it?

I think some people just need to be put in a room with each other and not be let back out until they've settled their differences.

Remember - every argument needs 2 parties. One to start it and the other to continue it.
twentysixdollars
Known user

clewsr wrote: The only redeeming thing over this thread was that it brought out the most errudite criticsm of AG that I have seen - from mr $26 himself.
Aww! Thanks clewsr! It's good to be liked, or at least appreciated (swoons)
runaway
Known user

Post by runaway »

Hey clewsr, some friendly advice; stop buying music for a little while, use the money you saved to purchase a fucking sense of humor.
Muscles
Known user

Post by Muscles »

Cheers Runaway.

These ACADEMICS get a bit ruffled around the collar when ya fuck wit da SPACEMAN...

IAN makes intersting points and i like reading his shit...but it does stink now and again.

but who's don't.

REGARDS.

Mosquito. :idea:
mbv
Known user

Post by mbv »

Goodchild, I suggest you see your doctor and get a referral to see an analyst.

'Read the NME. Or kill yourself....it's all the same.'

your words, man. taken in context (or any way for that matter) you come across as a heartless, and totall uncompassionate twat. now, I'm no doctor but I reckon a good analyst will help you get these repressed feelings out in the open, get that 'monkey off yer back'.
I think most people who love Spiritualized's music are people who can empathise, which you seem to lack. Wipe the brown stuff off yer nose and GET A FUCKIN' LIFE MAN before it's too late.

Goodchild. even the name reaks of pomposity and arrogance.
"Hot damn! Let us rumble, keep going and don't slow down ... lets have a little fun ..."
- Hunter S Thompson
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

nah, too many people on the earth as it is. cut out the nme readers and maybe throw in tiger beat and oprah and the world just might be a better place...i see the logic
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

LOL.

Just one question - wht is Tiger Beat?
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

just some teenybopper rag, in retrospect it's far less obnoxious than nme or oprah so the readers can live. maybe take the scientology crew instead...