best live act nme.com spiritualized

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

juliette
Known user

best live act nme.com spiritualized

Post by juliette »

best live act nme.com, gotta be done!
jason_godman
Known user

Post by jason_godman »

It was a toss up for me between spiritualized and super furry animals. I think best album artwork should be for amazing grace and maybe best new band.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

jason_godman wrote:I think best album artwork should be for amazing grace and maybe best new band.
LOL. I hope I'm right in thinking you are joking on both counts! :lol:
stevie
Known user

Post by stevie »

I'd vote for the polyphonic spree and then super furry animals.
dredgie
Known user

Post by dredgie »

sfa ok !!!! :twisted:
jason_godman
Known user

Post by jason_godman »

I wasn't joking in respect of sfa or album artwork. SFA are one of the most inspired groups of musicians on the planet and gruff is a demi god. And I think the album artwork for AG is quite stiking and I really like the connotations behind it.
jason_godman
Known user

Post by jason_godman »

sorry, just realised that you weren't talking about sfa at all.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Re Amazing Grace Artwork - I'm non plussed by it -The front image, so so. Altogether too overt for my tastes. In comparision Ladies and Gents had humour to it, and worked on a numner of levels. The artwork definately has deteriorated since that point. [In my opinion, etc]

What I thought you were joking about was the god awful portraits in the inner sleeves. They scare me.

Re- Best new band - who were you giving that nomination to? If it was spiritualized I do hope it was a pun on the frequency of the line up changes - i.e they becaome a 'new' band around the time of LICD as the previous backing band was sacked. If you were genuinely suggesting spz should win a new band award I have to express shock and increduility considering they've been a band for 13 years now. [I'm sure it was around the time or pure phase or perhaps Ladies and gents that they won or were nominated for a best new band Brits award - when they'd been going six or seven years!] Also for that matter, if you meant SFA for best new band, they been around for a good few years as well haven't they???
jason_godman
Known user

Post by jason_godman »

"Re- Best new band - who were you giving that nomination to? If it was spiritualized I do hope it was a pun on the frequency of the line up changes - i.e they becaome a 'new' band around the time of LICD as the previous backing band was sacked. If you were genuinely suggesting spz should win a new band award I have to express shock and increduility considering they've been a band for 13 years now. [I'm sure it was around the time or pure phase or perhaps Ladies and gents that they won or were nominated for a best new band Brits award - when they'd been going six or seven years!] Also for that matter, if you meant SFA for best new band, they been around for a good few years as well haven't they???"

I had no :idea: , :wink: .