Spiritualized Festival gigs 2012

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

Shinesalight
Known user

Spiritualized Festival gigs 2012

Post by Shinesalight »

So, so far I've noticed that Spirtiualized have been announced to play at Bestival & Wilderness and, I've just found out purely by chance, that they're due to play at La Route Du Rock this year too. Yet there is nothing on the Prescriptions page gig section or, I'm pretty sure, nothing officially announced on this forum. As I've already mention on the board, I'm really keen to go to a festival this year as part of my 40th Birthday celebrations. I really don't want to go ahead and book tickets for one festival only to find out that Spiritualized are going to play another. Is it too much to ask for a bit of a heads up on this "official" site when it comes to gigs and not have to find out from other sources? I know this might be a bit of a moan, but I do find this is happening more and more often when it comes to gig announcements.

:evil:

rant over.....
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
mn_spi
Known user

Re: Spiritualized Festival gigs 2012

Post by mn_spi »

announced to play at Fuji Rock Festival, Japan on July.

http://www.fujirockfestival.com/artist/
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

mn_spi wrote:announced to play at Fuji Rock Festival, Japan on July.

That is shaping up to be quite amazing. Also, Fujirock is one of the best large festivals in the world and cleanest!

B,

M
Design.
YerMa
Known user

Post by YerMa »

Hopefully they play many more and they get televised. Those ones always end up on torrent sites and the like.
YerMa
Known user

Post by YerMa »

MODLAB wrote:
mn_spi wrote:announced to play at Fuji Rock Festival, Japan on July.

That is shaping up to be quite amazing. Also, Fujirock is one of the best large festivals in the world and cleanest!
And it's also in a breathtaking location, not just in some cow field somewhere with a 20ft fence round it.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

another festival.. from nme.com:

Primal Scream, New Order and Spiritualized are all confirmed to play a new festival named Festival Number 6 in September.

The event will take place in the town of Portmeirion in North West Wales from September 14 – 16. It takes its name from the 1960s TV series The Prisoner, which was filmed in the town from 1967 – 1968.

Festival Number 6 is a newly launched event and is being put on by the promoters of Beach Break Live, Snowbombing and Lounge On The Farm festival.

As well as performances from Primal Scream, New Order and Spiritualized, the event also promises to offer punters arts installations and "surreal street theatre". For more information about the event, visit Festivalnumber6.com.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Get in There!!!!

Spiritualized and Django Django added to the Body & Soul Festival in June. :D

Less than 30 mins from my house, I would've being going anyways ( the past two years have been very enjoyable and gloriously sunny ) but this tops it off nicely.

This is the stage they'll be playing 8) :D
B&S Stage.jpg
B&S Stage.jpg (26.7 KiB) Viewed 6021 times
009.jpg
009.jpg (62.71 KiB) Viewed 6022 times
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Good to see that Spiritualized are really getting out to the masses over the festival season, but how come none of these festival appearances have come to light via the prescription pages or with announcements on the forum?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
evan:)
Known user

Post by evan:) »

Was at Body & Soul last year ... best festival in Ireland I reckon and I've been at most. Great People and atmosphere, lots of amazing alternative music and a really good chance of summer weather given that its on the Solstice weekend.

Saw Lee Perry headline main stage last year and after seeing Spiritualized this March at their Dublin gig I reckon this is going to be something special.

Will be getting a three night ticket for this (payday tomorrow :)) ... I'm there ...

just wondering which night they'll be headlining ? ?
jasonwe
New user

Post by jasonwe »

Anyone know what night they are playing Body and Soul ?
trilbyHat
New user

Post by trilbyHat »

angelsighs wrote:another festival.. from nme.com:

Primal Scream, New Order and Spiritualized are all confirmed to play a new festival named Festival Number 6 in September.

The event will take place in the town of Portmeirion in North West Wales from September 14 – 16. It takes its name from the 1960s TV series The Prisoner, which was filmed in the town from 1967 – 1968.

I'd love to see Spiritualized in Portmeirion - always good to see em in a new setting.

Not that bothered about PScream & NewOrder, but there are quite a few other good acts on... Gruff Rhys, Richard Hawley, Death In Vegas, British Sea Power.

But festivals are expensive things. On top of your ticket price, you're probably loooking at spending £250 in a weekend. So I'll probably have to give it a miss.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

jasonwe wrote:Anyone know what night they are playing Body and Soul ?
Saturday night 11.30 - 12.30. Second last band of the night.

Django Django also on Saturday from 8.30 - 9.30.
evan:)
Known user

Post by evan:) »

Heading to Body&Soul tomorrow morning. Spiritualized on between 23.30 to 00.30.
Looks like this is the current 1 hour festival set from Primavera and some other recent festival appearances.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/spiritual ... f3c6f.html

Looking forward to this but ... lord let it rain on me ... may become the weekends anthem if the forecasts are anyything to go by.
Anyhow I'll be some where very near the front.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

evan:) wrote:Looks like this is the current 1 hour festival set from Primavera and some other recent festival appearances.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/spiritual ... f3c6f.html
`
If only that was the setlist we got at Body & Soul :roll:

You're band is playing a 1 hour set on the main stage of a festival from 11.30 on a Saturday night, do you:

A) Play some rock 'n' roll, make some noise and try to send people to another dimension? Or
B) Fill the bulk of your set with the some of the slowest, dullest songs you have written?

If you are Jason Pierce you naturally choose B. :(

Off the top of my head, and not in correct order, they played:

Hey Jane, Lord Let It Rain, WWJ, Rated X, Oh Baby, Too Late, Soul On Fire, So Long, L&G, She Kissed Me.
I'm sure there was a couple more but they too were slower ones. Thought we would at least have got I Am What I Am and Heading For The Top.

Anyone seeing Spiritualized for the first time would really have been left wondering what the fuss is about.

As for the rest of the festival i had a great time, no musical standouts but a lot of laughs. Muddy and damp on Saturday, scorching hot on Sunday. I hope they don't increase the capacity any more though, one of the draws for it is it's small size and there were a couple of moments when it seemed they hadn't made provision for the extra punters this year.
mn_spi
Known user

Post by mn_spi »

28.07.12 at Fuji Rock Festival

Hey Jane
Walkin With Jesus
Soul On Fire
Oh Baby
Lay It Down Slowly
Broken Heart
I Think I'm in love
She Kissed Me
Take Me To The Other Side

amazing Ianding of HJ from too heavy drumroll and noise.
no MC. no Encore. very emotional gig.

there is no doubt, one of their best show which I experienced.