Morrissey Autobiography

All of the above.

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

les revenantes
Known user

Morrissey Autobiography

Post by les revenantes »

Most of you already know by now that the Morrissey autobiography is now out in publication in the Penguin 'Classics' series. The 'Classics' series are classic novels by Penguin, such as Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, etc. However, one of the prerequisites for Morrissey to publish was to have it as such. Pretty much I've already read all the stuff about the Smiths, Morrissey, Johnny Marr angle, but their are some stuff that I didn't know, such as favourite player is George Best (saw him at Old Trafford when he was 8 yrs.old), almost kidnapped in Mexico in 2007, etc. They say it's already at #1 for Amazon UK at 457 pages !

http://apnews.excite.com/article/201310 ... KNO82.html
" Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead. " - Charles Bukowski
TheWarmth
Known user

Re: Morrissey Autobiography

Post by TheWarmth »

So annoying that this isn't available in the U.S. Might have to order from Amazon.co.uk.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I was able to get it on the US Amazon today for $18 inc shipping!

Looking forward to it. I love the cover. Such an arrogant prick, but god dammit if it isn't genius.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

So far it's pretty disappointing. An over reliance on heavily verbose language can get in the way of a good tale. (Dylan managed to get it right in his book.) The bit where he attempts to murder Mike Joyce around 1996 is quite amusing though, and interesting to know that the song 'Sorrow Will Come In The End' samples Joyce's terrified screaming from the boot of Morrissey's car.

Also, his is ultra-vegetarian brethen will be very disappointed by his revelatory confession discussing his secret addiction to KFC and Burger King...
O P 8
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

BzaInSpace wrote:Also, his is ultra-vegetarian brethen will be very disappointed by his revelatory confession discussing his secret addiction to KFC and Burger King...
Brilliant! :lol:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Should I ask why Joyce was in the boot of the car ?

Funny ! No one can resist the 7 secret herbs/spices in the Colonel's KFC recipe !
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

spacemanrich wrote:Should I ask why Joyce was in the boot of the car ?
Yeah sure - I think he had issues with some of Morrissey's near-the-knuckle racist comments.
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Either that or Moz just wanted to "send him to Belize" due to insitigating the 90s court case, which Morrissey spends a vast amount of time in the book dwelling on the unfairness of it all...

You decide.
O P 8
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

I'm waiting 'til Christmas to get my eager hands on a copy of this much anticipated weighty tome. Hence I would appreciate it if folks could be mindful in respect of posting spoilers, as I'm looking forward to letting the plot unfold in my own time.

Also I found this amusing link recently:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/who-s ... e?s=mobile
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

America beware!

Poetic tales of casual racism and massive vengeful missives against Judge John Weeks (and "the drummer") is coming to you very soon...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/29/busin ... raphy.html

And Mojo - sorry. In that case I'll not mention his admission to "sending Margaret Thatcher hundreds of beautiful love letters" during the 1980s, or his plans to replace Johnny Marr with Cilla Black following Strangeways...
O P 8
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

BzaInSpace wrote:America beware!

Poetic tales of casual racism and massive vengeful missives against Judge John Weeks (and "the drummer") is coming to you very soon...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/29/busin ... raphy.html

And Mojo - sorry. In that case I'll not mention his admission to "sending Margaret Thatcher hundreds of beautiful love letters" during the 1980s, or his plans to replace Johnny Marr with Cilla Black following Strangeways...
Bollocks...now it's barely worth me getting a copy, since all the important bits of the plot I was so looking forward to have been revealed right here.

I hope you all feel proud of yourselves, ruining Moz for a poor boy like me :-(
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle