A Boy and His Dog; 1975 - a 1976 French Theatre card

All of the above.

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

semisynthetic
Known user

A Boy and His Dog; 1975 - a 1976 French Theatre card

Post by semisynthetic »

(Now I KNOW that I must get new glasses; I only TONIGHT saw "The SPZ FILM CLUB" thread just below my addition to this Thread. Whoops. 5-5-14

The 1975 film "A Boy and His Dog" has been referred to as the archetypal "Post Armegeddon" film. The film is also referred to as "Apocalypse 2024". I have include the French Theatre card, below; both Obverse and the Reverse with the data.
If you have not seen this film, I recommend it! The apparent "innocence" of the title, the story and soundtrack paint a strange mixture of this very old "a boy and his dog" ideal; the ending is unusual, (but understandable, perhaps, given the interaction and relative importance of specific characters) and I believe you will enjoy this one. Produced by "Alvy Moore", a long time actor, probably most well known as "Hank Kimble" the government buffoon and "County Agent" for the agrarian area of "Hooterville", in the 1960's Televison Comedy "Green Acres". Alvy plays Dr. Alvy Moore in this film, BUT this is NOT a televison comedy, although there are some funny (and grotesque) parts in this film. (If you should be in or visit Kansas, you may never look at "Topeka" the same way ever again).

If you have seen it, you may enjoy the French Theatre Card below.
(I have added a rather PLAIN looking Promotional set for the film, storylines, 8x10 photos, Lobby Cards and Posters).
Attachments
A Boy and His Dog EARLY 1975 PROMO Booklet
A Boy and His Dog EARLY 1975 PROMO Booklet
A Boy and His Dog EARLY 1975 PROMO Booklet Lobby Cardsaaa Posters.jpg (9.56 KiB) Viewed 2540 times
A Boy and His Dog (1975)  Theatre Francaise 1976 reverse
A Boy and His Dog (1975) Theatre Francaise 1976 reverse
A Boy and His Dog 1975 1976 French Card rev aaa001.jpg (103.4 KiB) Viewed 2589 times
A Boy and His Dog (1975)  Theatre Francaise 1976 Obverse
A Boy and His Dog (1975) Theatre Francaise 1976 Obverse
A Boy and His Dog (French Card) Obvaaa 001.jpg (73.92 KiB) Viewed 2589 times
Last edited by semisynthetic on Tue May 13, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
davedecay
Known user

Re: A Boy and His Dog; 1975 - a 1976 French Theatre card

Post by davedecay »

Featuring a very young Don Johnson (Miami Vice)

Written by Harlan Ellison, what would you expect? :)
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: A Boy and His Dog; 1975 - a 1976 French Theatre card

Post by semisynthetic »

Well, that's just it, I DIDN"T KNOW BECAUSE this movie "passed me by"! I was heavily involved in University; I had 3 jobs, and my social life was so sparse it was nonexistent!

When I DID finally see it, I was so very pleased! I left out practically all of the writers, directors and actors; (I suppose although I HAVE seen Alvy Moore in old movies and so on, but it was he, as that bumbling fool, the "Our Government is Here to Help You" Character from the childhood televison comedy that was such an amazingly stark contrast that stuck in my head as a reference point); but is is a damn good film. Good writers can be misused, and often ARE in Hollywood, and thus crappy films result; this was obviously a team effort and a seemingly highly focused effort to present EXACTLY the vision as it was described.

I love good films, but it just amazes me that this one "got away" for so long!
As you see, it is new to me.
Last edited by semisynthetic on Tue May 13, 2014 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus