(Now I KNOW that I must get new glasses; I only TONIGHT saw "The SPZ FILM CLUB" thread just below my addition to this Thread. Whoops. 5-5-14
The 1975 film "A Boy and His Dog" has been referred to as the archetypal "Post Armegeddon" film. The film is also referred to as "Apocalypse 2024". I have include the French Theatre card, below; both Obverse and the Reverse with the data.
If you have not seen this film, I recommend it! The apparent "innocence" of the title, the story and soundtrack paint a strange mixture of this very old "a boy and his dog" ideal; the ending is unusual, (but understandable, perhaps, given the interaction and relative importance of specific characters) and I believe you will enjoy this one. Produced by "Alvy Moore", a long time actor, probably most well known as "Hank Kimble" the government buffoon and "County Agent" for the agrarian area of "Hooterville", in the 1960's Televison Comedy "Green Acres". Alvy plays Dr. Alvy Moore in this film, BUT this is NOT a televison comedy, although there are some funny (and grotesque) parts in this film. (If you should be in or visit Kansas, you may never look at "Topeka" the same way ever again).
If you have seen it, you may enjoy the French Theatre Card below.
(I have added a rather PLAIN looking Promotional set for the film, storylines, 8x10 photos, Lobby Cards and Posters).
- A Boy and His Dog EARLY 1975 PROMO Booklet
- A Boy and His Dog EARLY 1975 PROMO Booklet Lobby Cardsaaa Posters.jpg (9.56 KiB) Viewed 429 times
- A Boy and His Dog (1975) Theatre Francaise 1976 reverse
- A Boy and His Dog 1975 1976 French Card rev aaa001.jpg (103.4 KiB) Viewed 478 times
- A Boy and His Dog (1975) Theatre Francaise 1976 Obverse
- A Boy and His Dog (French Card) Obvaaa 001.jpg (73.92 KiB) Viewed 478 times
Last edited by semisynthetic
on Tue May 13, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"