The Pacific

All of the above.

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Laz69
Known user

The Pacific

Post by Laz69 »

Anyone stateside watching this? Just saw the first episode last night and was hooked all the way through. Second episode ready to watch...

Whats the deal with it? Anyone know how many episodes there are?

Worth checking out...

Saw Shutter Island at the weekend too which was a bit slow to start, and ultimately a little bit predictable, but enjoyable none the less!
toomilk
Known user

Re: The Pacific

Post by toomilk »

I'm planning on watching it. I've got the episodes on demand, but haven't gotten around to putting them on.

From some trailer bits, it's pretty much like Band of Brothers following a different "band." The final episode of BoB is kind of left open with some characters discussing the possibility of going to the Pacific to be absorbed in another division. Would be interesting to see if they used some of the same people...

Either way, I believe The Pacific is being presented the same way BoB was - which is a one season mini-series of 10 episodes.
They Transmit
Known user

Re: The Pacific

Post by They Transmit »

I really enjoyed it, although it did feel like Band of Brothers with palm trees, but I guess it was always gonna be like that considering the makers. Second part was ace as well.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393