Tour Merch?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

PeshoG
Known user

Tour Merch?

Post by PeshoG »

What have they been selling? Seeing them in NYC. Cannot wait.
musicheals2
Known user

Re: Tour Merch?

Post by musicheals2 »

At manchester they had a few huh? t shirts in various colours and a little poster. That was about it really. I like the huh? that looks like it should be viewed through 3d glasses. it's like green huh? and red huh? on top of it slightly offset. So nice I got myself one 8) :lol: so yeah, not too much to be honest
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

t shirts in the pharmacy
Goodnightgoodnight
Known user

Post by Goodnightgoodnight »

Neat touch - Instead of Spiritualized(R) or Spiritualized+ on the back on the Huh? shirts, it is now 'Spiritualized?'

Is it wrong I kinda want a 3D one even if it makes my eyes hurt?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

The print is far too small though. I know since the L&G days small prints have been the order of the day (to their detriment imo), but I think for such a simple design it would have worked much better as an almost full-frontal print. Hence my not buying one at the Dublin gig.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Are these new shirts quality (American Apparel or equivalent)?
tied up
Known user

Post by tied up »

I'm by no means an expert on clothing but I reckon the t shirt I bought in Glasgow is decent quality. It seems a heavier gauge of cotton than the Boards of Canada shirt I bought from the Warp website, which was my last band merch purchase. And ethically made too according to the label.
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Are the Huh T-shirts small or big In size?
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

cantona wrote:Are the Huh T-shirts small or big In size?
Being tubby in my middle age I have taken to buying large size T-shirts. ( :( ) I chose medium size at the gig as (i) they were nearly the same size as a standard large T-shirt and (ii) the large was simply massive. Hopefully they don't shrink!
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

The t-shirts are class. I couldn't pick between the 3D one or the black LP 'Huh?' cover - the black t-shirt having a

backprint sealed it for me. It looks fucking awesome, such a cool design. They are made from Egyptian cotton and feel way better than the usual bog-standard band t-shirt. They were also cheaper at the gig than online. One thing it might be worth mentioning was that the girl at the merch stall said a Large size would be way too big for me, she said the sizes were were bigger than standard and she suggested a Medium instead... she was right, and it's still pretty big on me, the large one would have been like a tent... :wink:
O P 8
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

BzaInSpace wrote: the girl at the merch stall
<3
gonna burn brightly
for a while
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Haha. That sounds like a song lyric...
I also casually asked for a copy of the new album as well, just in case, totally trying my luck.
O P 8
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Slightly off topic, but I have to share this story: a few years ago my band was playing a show here in Chicago. We had just loaded in all of our gear and we're waiting for further instructions. One of the guys working at the venue approaches us and tells us where to put our gear. He then turns to our bassist, an attractive female, and says, "so, you're the merch girl, then?"
YerMa
Known user

Post by YerMa »

musicheals2 wrote: and a little poster.
What was on the poster? They never head any at Glasgow, unless the lassie was lying. :x
YerMa
Known user

Post by YerMa »

I had two Spiritualized drinking mugs, I broke the handle off one years ago and instead of keeping the other one nice and safe, I let someone use it as I was too lazy to do the dishes and had sod all clean, guess what happened? The bastard broke it, "putting it in the sink." His words, no mine. :evil:
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

jack white wrote:
BzaInSpace wrote: the girl at the merch stall
<3
Maybe I've not been getting out too much of late, but the merch stall girl gave me the flirtiest smile/stare I've had in a while. Seems perhaps a few people were smitten by her?

Standing in a great venue, struggling to decide which shirt to buy because you want both, moments before your favourite band comes on, and this pretty girl at the merch stand is smiling broadly at you the whole time. Dream-like good times. And the service at the bar was super quick too! And that's not to mention the flawless show. Why can't all gig experiences be as perfect?
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

TheWarmth wrote:Slightly off topic, but I have to share this story: a few years ago my band was playing a show here in Chicago. We had just loaded in all of our gear and we're waiting for further instructions. One of the guys working at the venue approaches us and tells us where to put our gear. He then turns to our bassist, an attractive female, and says, "so, you're the merch girl, then?"
that's pretty messed up. wasn't aware that that still happened (it's never happened to stefanie fortunately- she'd probably get pretty pissed)- where was it?
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

It was at Abbey Pub. Haven't played there in a long time. For a few years, they were getting all of the best bands in, but they must have changed booking agents, because they rarely get good acts anymore.
musicheals2
Known user

Post by musicheals2 »

YerMa wrote:
musicheals2 wrote: and a little poster.
What was on the poster? They never head any at Glasgow, unless the lassie was lying. :x
Sorry, didn't realise it was a reply for me lol it was just a Huh? poster. Very nice though. Gotta get a frame for it. I love the Huh? design
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

The new t-shirts are on the external merch site:

http://www.backstreet-merch.com/bands/spir/

The "HUH?" in 3-D look GREAT.
endlessriver
New user

Post by endlessriver »

Re sizes, at the gigs stall, I asked for a large just cos I like wearing t shirts as a loose fit. But sales girl looked at me, I'm slim, and said to get medium, so I did. Medium is fine but only if you like a close fit. Some people do as it seems they are proud of their pecs etc and want that muscles n physique show off thing. It's a close fit but not tight. I think most people would needat least large. The next gig I bought the 3d ish coloured huh?'s on a white tee, in large. Even though I'm slim I do prefer this size. It's a wee bit baggy and perhaps will also allow for any shrinkage. I suppose u could just undress there n try it on .... !
~ and I don't know where I'm going ~ let it flow ~
~ makes me feel like i'm a child ~ let it flow ~
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

takes some big stones to charge $80 for a t-shirt...
Drussell622+
Known user

Post by Drussell622+ »

I couldn't decide between huh 3D or huh normal so I bought both since white shirts tend to last a whole lot less longer than darker colors.
isadoralfonso
New user

Post by isadoralfonso »

Yeah, you can't go wrong with an Egyptian cotton. You can usually find this type of material used in bedding and towels.
warmgun.
Known user

Post by warmgun. »

Were there posters on the NA tour? I didn't see anything in Toronto - just the album, t's and stickers/badges...

If so, what were they?
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

no posters
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
slidesong
Known user

Post by slidesong »

TheWarmth wrote:Are these new shirts quality (American Apparel or equivalent)?
I bought the black "Huh?" t-shirt for $25 and it wasn't American Apparel. Doesn't feel quite as soft either. But I also bought a black track jacket with white piping around the shoulders and a small, white "Huh?" with the symbol embroidered on the front upper left chest area, and on the back is "Spiritualized?", also embroidered in white. It is American Apparel and comfortable as hell. I had to have it, even though it cost $55.

"All the best things in life fuck you up the most, whether it's lovesickness or drugsickness."
- J Spaceman