what happened at Bestival?

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Rez91
New user

what happened at Bestival?

Post by Rez91 »

They were on 20 minutes late, then only played 4 songs. even with them being late that seems like very little. Jason was also highly subdued. Electric Mainline was the most ordinary I've ever heard it, and I didn't think it was possible for walkin' with Jesus to sound so joyless. Complete contrast to when I saw them in March.

I had a cracking few days otherwise so I'm not that upset about it, but they were easily the act I was most looking forward too.
JJ1977
Known user

Re: what happened at Bestival?

Post by JJ1977 »

I thought it sounded great but obviously way too short - the stage manager or whoever it was gave the 'thats it' signal to Jason at Oh Baby and that was that, disappointing. Dont know why they came on so late but have read somewhere else there were technical problems again..

For the record

Intro (sounded a bit like a sound check type jam)
All Of My Tears
Electric Mainline
Hey Jane
Walking With Jesus
Oh Baby

Great festival otherwise, Death In Vegas the highlight..
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

looks like Spz weren't the only band who suffered:

http://www.nme.com/news/sigur-ros/66031

"The band's only UK show of the year, this would-be highlight of the 2012 calendar, would have to be conducted without proper lights or visuals. Sadly then, a perfect storm of production issues and technical problems conspired to mean that the band went on to have a thoroughly miserable experience on stage too. And to spare everyone’s blushes a decision was made to draw a discrete veil over proceedings."
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Hopefully they won't have any technical probs for their headline set at Festival No.6 on Friday night... I am so excited about this and want Spzretent to prove to my mates that they are the best band in the world.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
JJ1977
Known user

Post by JJ1977 »