Boston/Paradise 9_12_13

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

ro
Known user

Boston/Paradise 9_12_13

Post by ro »

gee I wonder if anyone taped this...

before I forget, att. Hofstadter:
http://forum.spiritualized.me/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12016

Ok!
Hofstadter, bambam, and "Danny from Charlestown" awesome to meet you guys.
Hofs, thanks for doing a fair bit of head-banging with me. loved that.

How nice it was to be right up front for this really super show.
what a treat to watch Jason calmly strumming rhythm while Doggen almost breaks the whammy off the guitar.

sadly, not much in the way of vocals until 6th song, but seemed to me everyone else made such fine noise it was ok.
love the way this band is working out. drums, bass, keys, a bit of trumpet. to me, didn't seem like too much or too little of anything (except for vocals tech problem.. but of course we were practically onsatge ourselves so lost some of the sound in the room)

mojo, you'll like this:
I learned to love Cheapster last night. I realized it's that creepy (sorry, for lack of a better word. am tired) intro they often do that irritates me. well, instead it was a bit of dirty-ish guitar. nice. made all the difference for me.

Let's Dance, was sorry to see the "Lord have mercy on all of the drunks tonight" line has fallen to the cutting room floor, but what a lovely sentiment replaced it. forget what it was, something sweet as well, and perhaps more intimate.

I know some folks aren't digging the rated x--->oh baby thing. I think it's great. partly b/c Rated x was another song I was never wild about until the Roxy gig a few years ago. Suddenly I was in love with it, and yah, it may be akin to Oh Baby but for me it works. double treat, mirror, going in, going out again.

Take Your Time was best moment(s) for me.
also, So Hot.. so sweet, so quiet--->Take Good Care Of It... calm down, come down, go home.
bambam, when you said "it was too short" you meant Take Good Care of It, I realized later... right?
I meant Take Your Time :D

gotta hand it to Guy Blakeslee! his last song was a stand-up a capella "Green Rocky Road". wow. powerful stuff.

the road
hey jane
electricity
home of the brave
lord let it rain
perfect miracle
rated x
oh baby
L&G
she kissed me
let's dance
cheapster
i am what i am
so long
i think i'm in love
Take Your Time
so hot/take good care of it

Thanks, Spiritualized. I love ya, man.
Last edited by ro on Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hofstadter
Known user

Re: Boston/Paradise 9_12_13

Post by Hofstadter »

:D :D :D

Super indeed! The only bummer was that the backup singers seemed virtually non-existent from where we were right next to jason, but I talked to some friends after who were standing a bit further back and they said the vox were fine for the whole show from where they were. Alas... all the other noise made up for it just fine :) Actually I guess one other minor bummer was not hearing any of the new songs but oh well!

On the topic of Rated X - Oh Baby --> first of all the "double treat" ya mentioned ro is one of my favorite parts of the show - I absolutely love the interplay between jason and doggen mirroring each other. would love to hear them play like that for an hour if they wanted... I rarely listen to Amazing Grace, so I actually think it's always really fun to hear those songs ripping it up live. of course there's definitely loads of material that I think "Ooh I would definitely have loved to her that in an AG song's place" but on the other hand, like I said, I like having all these isolated live experiences to go off of for all those songs.

The bassist was sorta laying low for most of the night with just some runs here and there during big freakouts, but during I am What I Am and I Think I'm In Love, man he was sooooooo solid and killing it and really carried those songs in awesome way I thought, even if it just meant grooving on those sick lines the whole time and not much else. both of those songs were badass.

Also, you left one song off the set list ro, and what a way it was to finish the main set!

Take Your Time! Absolutely blew up in the second half of the song just as it should :). Awesome.

great night! sad it's over :(
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

Hofstadter wrote:Also, you left one song off the set list ro, and what a way it was to finish the main set!

Take Your Time! Absolutely blew up in the second half of the song just as it should :). Awesome.
indeed I did!
and it was the best part, too.
amended.

did you catch the guitar festival thread?
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

YES! :D