Kilmainham Hospital June Bank Hol

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

Hedspace
Known user

Kilmainham Hospital June Bank Hol

Post by Hedspace »

Patti Smith plays Horses
support
Spiritualized
Arieal Pink
New Secret weapon

......all for 50 euros....nice!

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/poplife ... to-dublin/
sunray
Known user

Re: Kilmainham Hospital June Bank Hol

Post by sunray »

I doubt i'll make this.

Will be at Life Festival that weekend so i wouldn't be home until Monday afternoon, feeling fucked i imagine. Would then have to lift myself out of a stupor to drive up to Dublin to stand in another field for a few more hours and then drive home again. Very doubtful. In addition, I'm guessing Spiritualized will play an hour tops?
In saying all that, if Spiritualized were playing their own gig i'm sure i'd be there.

Plus, i'm not really bothered about Patti Smith or Ariel Pink.

Busy weekend in Kilmainham, Forbidden Fruit from Fri-Sun then topped off by this. Shit line up for FF so far, was rubbish last year too.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

sunray wrote:I doubt i'll make this.

Busy weekend in Kilmainham, Forbidden Fruit from Fri-Sun then topped off by this. Shit line up for FF so far, was rubbish last year too.
rotten fruit they should call it. Like a family day or 2, out at a farmers market.very light on atmosphere and far from the festival vibe.
LIfe Festival looks decent and usually is, alas getting a babysitter for 3 days would be tough so Im opting for the Patti Smith/Spz slot. Decent price and a 15 minute walk from my door. happy days.
evan:)
Known user

Post by evan:) »

wow ... how the blues ...

+ turn it up .... great buzz .... usual setlist + come together ... and it did.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

This turned out to be much better than expected, The band is very tight so the usual tricks such as the segue from noise into Shine a Light worked well, The set was building momentum beautifully but the trio of slower tunes before WWJ does kill the atmosphere to say the least, The new arrangement of WWJ is interesting and the set closing Come Together was great. Given the shitty venue (a tent in a muddy field) and the fact that the gig was played during daylight in fairly chilly conditions I managedd to enjoy it. They are going to have to up their game for LPF in September though.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Glad you both had a good night. I still can't fathom the set list though.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

how was Patti?

I'm not a huge fan of her (Horses is great to be fair) but I saw her live in 2007 or so and it was an incredible show. she's one of those performers you can't take your eyes off. she did most of Horses, and was also touring her covers album, even the songs off that were great.
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

Didn’t expect that gig to be as good as it was. Loved it.
No searches on the way in probably due to the bad weather they said fuck it let em in. No stress bringing in the booze. Genius move aswell taking it into the 2 tents. For me the grounds took on a strange vibe with most of the structures and the main stage from the Forbidden fruit fest half disassembled. Like an ancient fairground or sorts.
Spiritualized were great. New members in full swing and more strobes than usual…no complaints there. Patti Smith was something else. Im pretty much take her or leave her, however, her set was incredible. No backdrop visuals and the most basic of lights gave the feeling of a gig back in time. She has an amazing power about her. Favorite moment…when she sang Jesus Christ died for our sins…(s then gobbed on the stage) and recited…but not mine! :D . Hard to believe shes hittn 70. There an immense power about that woman. A few velvets songs thrown in aswell which went down a treat.

Despite the hellish weather that thankfully backed off, it was a cracking evening. All topped off with creamy pints in that lovely little hideaway behind Kilmainham the Royal Oak pub.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/patti-smi ... 9f568.html
Last edited by Hedspace on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

angelsighs wrote:how was Patti?

I'm not a huge fan of her (Horses is great to be fair) but I saw her live in 2007 or so and it was an incredible show. she's one of those performers you can't take your eyes off. she did most of Horses, and was also touring her covers album, even the songs off that were great.
We stayed for some of her set. She was clearly setting out to play her way through 'Horses' in LP order. Unfortunately the person I was with dislikes Patti Smith intensely, was freezing cold and wanted to go to the pub. Add to the fact that the tent was full of drunken twats, one of whom dropped a full pint on people next to us, so we buggered off after a few songs. To be honest, I wasn't enjoying it much. I saw her several years ago and wasn't too bothered then either. I managed to see Spiritualized play for 70 minutes, spend two hours in the pub afterwards and still get home for 11:30. A result for my weary middle-aged bones! :D