Liverpool Music Week

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

olan
Known user

Liverpool Music Week

Post by olan »

Godspeed! and Gang of Four look like must-see opportunities. GYBE were superb in MCR earlier in the year.
angelsighs
Known user

Re: Liverpool Music Week

Post by angelsighs »

nice! and with more names to come.
Josh T Pearson would be awesome too.

I'd tread carefully with Gang of Four. only Andy Gill is left from the original lineup, an album came out recently that got pretty bad reviews and apparently sounded nothing like their classic sound.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Josh T Pearson was breathtaking when i saw him after his debut solo album was released... really wish he would come back again or put together a new album.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

angelsighs wrote:nice! and with more names to come.
Josh T Pearson would be awesome too.

I'd tread carefully with Gang of Four. only Andy Gill is left from the original lineup, an album came out recently that got pretty bad reviews and apparently sounded nothing like their classic sound.
I have an old friend who is a GoF fanatic. If he comes across from Dublin, I'll go, if not I might give it a miss. There is a pretty hefty list of nostalgia acts playing Liverpool this year that I am giving the swerve to. Top of the list is New Order...

One nostalgia night I might go to is the Sisters of Mercy in Manchester in October (mainly for a laugh though). I haven't seen them play since 1985 and am very curious to see what they are like these days.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

yeah I guess nostalgia is a dangerous game to play- could go either way!

I'm kicking myself for not seeing Gang of Four when they first reformed the classic lineup a few years back. they played right on my doorstep and for whatever reason I didn't go. the reviews of those shows were fantastic. apparently the new album is just so different and as Andy Gill is the only original member, it's hard to fathom why he didn't just release it under his own name.

I would avoid Holly Herndon btw- saw a bit of her set at Supersonic festival earlier in the year..lets just say it was not my cup of tea.. ('load of pretentious claptrap' might be more honest!)

Laz69 wrote: Josh T Pearson was breathtaking when i saw him after his debut solo album was released... really wish he would come back again or put together a new album.
Josh is doing quite a few dates- Leeds, Brighton etc. I wonder whether an album is forthcoming, although he is the sort of guy that just tours without neccessarily having any records coming out.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Yeah, I noticed that Joh T had been included on the bill for a new weekend festival in Brighton; Mutations from the guys that did that Drill Festival with Wire down here last year. Full info here:-

http://www.mutationsfestival.com
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone