ATP Cale cancel

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

The Dr
Known user

ATP Cale cancel

Post by The Dr »

John Cale has cancelled his upcoming All Tomorrow's Parties shows, blaming the event organisers for "letting us all down".

The Velvet Underground legend had been due to play tomorrow (April 16) at Stewart Lee's ATP weekender in Pontins Prestatyn, Wales and at Drive Like Jehu's ATP next Friday (April 22) at Victoria Warehouse, Manchester.

However, he announced on Twitter today that the shows will not be taking place, saying: "We did our best to believe in the organizers, in the end, they let us all down."

In a subsequent tweet, Cale explained that cancelling the shows was the "last thing we wanted to have happen".

NME has approached ATP for a comment about John Cale's cancellation.

Meanwhile, This Is Not This Heat - the band name now used by This Heat founding members Charles Bullen and Charles Hayward - have also pulled out of ATP's Pontins Prestatyn event because Hayward has sustained a foot injury.

Hayward said in a statement: "We want to play the music but we haven't had time to rehearse in any other way. We will see you again in a while. I hope everyone has a good time at the festival. Lots of love from me, Charles Bullen and all the players in This Is Not This Heat."
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
Greeny
Known user

Re: ATP Cale cancel

Post by Greeny »

ATP are a fucking shambles who are not fit to run a bath, let alone a business. Utter incompetents who have left a trail of debt and failure for years while still - somehow - retaining a modicum of credibility in the 'alternative' sector.

The only reason they've got away with it for so long is through having a half-decent taste in music...
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Greeny wrote:ATP are a fucking shambles who are not fit to run a bath, let alone a business. Utter incompetents who have left a trail of debt and failure for years while still - somehow - retaining a modicum of credibility in the 'alternative' sector.

The only reason they've got away with it for so long is through having a half-decent taste in music...
I think you hit the nail on the head - they got away with their dubious promoter activity because of their prior association with certain acts plus general good taste in music, compared with most of the competition.

I'm surprised that Stewart Lee got involved, though it is a matter of record that he has let himself go...
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

the Drive Like Jehu event has been cancelled. lots of bands not paid.

this has got to be the end of ATP. it just has to be.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

is anyone actually going?
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

They'd have a job. It's actually officially been cancelled.

I'm glad John Cale took a stand