san diego show

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

a beautiful noise
Known user

san diego show

Post by a beautiful noise »

Lord can you hear me?

Can anyone answer my prayers, and have a recording of the San Diego show. I will be happy to pay you greatly for it. If nobody has a copy can you please direct me to where it is online? I will have to use a wink wink and cutesy smile on a coworker to download it for me. Thanks again you guys.

By the way the San Diego show was beautiful, and we met Jason and gave him a painting at the instore. And we gave him bookmarks for Poppy! He was sooo excited he kept showing them off. What a great day.
stevie
Known user

Re: san diego show

Post by stevie »

[quote="a beautiful noise"]Lord can you hear me? [/quote]

Yeah, I hear ya. Can't help you with this one though I'm afraid.
JBonghit
New user

Post by JBonghit »

SD show was great. The new songs sounded awesome and the version of Cop Shoot Cop they played was insane. I looked around for tapers and saw none, but that doesn't mean it wasn't stealthed. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
telliott3
Known user

Post by telliott3 »

Should I take the lack of discussion about set lists as an indication that the tour has been pretty static in terms of song selection? I know the Denver show posted on indierocklive.com is virtually identical to Saturday's show in San Diego (without "All of My Tears" as the opener). I'm curious since I'll be attending the New Orleans show on Friday. I'd love to hear them mix it up a bit, but the San Diego show was so good that I'm sure I'll be satisfied even if they don't.
dANO

Live SHows All

Post by dANO »

I checked out the guys here in Portland Oregon. That was the most boring show ever. I can not believe Jason would sit his lazy ass down on a chair behined the bass rig, not one song but the whole show. Not cool. It made me want to sit. And, then it made me want my money back. At, least Ashcroft stands...
stryder989
New user

stand, sit, who cares?

Post by stryder989 »

What difference does it make whether he sits or stands? It's not like he used to jump off the amps and do splits like David Lee Roth. I thought San Diego was great and couldn't have cared less whether he stood, sat, or played inside a refrigerator box. The music sounded great.
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

I have to agree with the above post, I could care less what he does on stage as long as it sounds proper. Ashcroft might prance around more, but you'll still have to listen to his putrid ballads for 2 hours.
Rick

Post by Rick »

If anything, I found it refreshing to see a singer/guitarist rip it up so good without standing, it was like the music was just flowing out of him. I don't see who any could think Spiritualized is boring live if they like the songs.
kryptakronz
New user

Post by kryptakronz »

Dude, Spacemans been living the rocking for 20 years. He's done more drugs and screwed more chicks than you will ever see. Let the man sit.
a beautiful noise
Known user

Eeeewwwww GROSS. I don't want to discuss Jasons' sex lfe. Besides I highly doubt that he is a womanizer. Or a groupie shagging freak.

But back to the point, we have a mission, and that is to find a recording of the San Diego show. Does anybody remember seeing the guy shooting the Super8 camera, and the digital camera?!?! Does anybosy know who he was?!? Thanks again for all the help gang.

xxxshonnxxx
grim66
Known user

Post by grim66 »

I was up front right by jason at the san diego show, and in my opinion, he didn't "just sit there." I've never seen anyone rock a stool the way he did. he was movin and tappin and just feelin the rhythm in his head. he made some beautiful noise if ya ask me.

in my mind, its like he's a band leader, sitting off to the side, singing his songs, allowing his bandmembers their time in the spotlight. I particularly like how jason always applaudes after a show, as if to chime in with the audience, to let them know he also thought it was a good show.

didn't he sit down to play when he was in the spacemen?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

grim66 wrote: didn't he sit down to play when he was in the spacemen?
Sure did. Him and Pete Kember. The only guy standing used to be Pete Bain and then Will. Sometimes Pete Bain used to kneel so no band members were standing.
JBonghit
New user

Post by JBonghit »

Who the fuck cares if he was standing, sitting or practicing yoga on stage. When you see Spz live, it is an experience. It's not a "rock" show with some guy singing about Friday night and strippers. If you enjoy Spz music, who is sitting/standing doesn't matter. Everything: the band members, the music, the lighting, all melt into one amazing show and that's why you went in the first place.

Now let's find an recording of this show...
a beautiful noise
Known user

I'm with Bongload, errr Bonghit! Lets find a recording. If anybody would like to see some very nice pictures of the San Diego show http://www.quartzcity.net/gallery/albums.php And the Los Angeles show is here as well. Oh the things I do for you people.
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

those pictures are sweet.

Post by Guest »

those pictures remind me of the footage from MTV Europe when Medication came out. The blues and the whites. That was my favourite Spiritualized performance and one of my faves by any band ever.
soledad sister
Known user

Post by soledad sister »

a beautiful noise wrote:Eeeewwwww GROSS. I don't want to discuss Jasons' sex lfe. Besides I highly doubt that he is a womanizer. Or a groupie shagging freak.

But back to the point, we have a mission, and that is to find a recording of the San Diego show. Does anybody remember seeing the guy shooting the Super8 camera, and the digital camera?!?! Does anybosy know who he was?!? Thanks again for all the help gang.

xxxshonnxxx
yep, the boy w/the super8 was Paddi. he documenting the shows and doing the "suck you in strobes"
a beautiful noise
Known user

Huh! What!

Strobe show? I'm totally confused now. Can we get a copy of that show? Please let me know if you can get any further information.

Thanks

xxxshonnxxx