Howard Marks RIP

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

runcible
Site Admin

Howard Marks RIP

Post by runcible »

2016 claims another. Very sad to hear of the passing of the Godfather of stoners Howard Marks. He always seemed like a good guy and I was as appalled as many were at the heavy handed treatment he received when he got busted. I met him at a book signing once and although he was pretty mashed he was really friendly and charming. He signed my copy of Mr Nice with the words 'thank you for smoking'.

We'll miss him.
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: Howard Marks RIP

Post by semisynthetic »

It is very sad news.
The words, "Cancer, Inoperable", is one small phrase I am always jolted by when I read or hear it; along with a numbing & a flashing hope that perhaps it is an error. After all these years in study of many medicinal and a myriad other assorted compounds, I remain befuddled that cannabis is still such a bogeyman.
The ultimate cause of death is conception and the infinite roads that follow, with fork after fork ultimately leading to some final end.
I should like to say "I lived as I wished to", rather than to have "merely existed as I was told to".

R.I.P. Howard Marks
Last edited by semisynthetic on Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
clewsr
Known user

Re: Howard Marks RIP

Post by clewsr »

semisynthetic wrote: I should like to say "I lived as I wished to", rather than to have "merely existed as I was told to".

R.I.P. Howard Marks
I like that.

Sad news. An inspirational man.