Feelin' Just Fine

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

natty
Known user

Feelin' Just Fine

Post by natty »

Just been listening to some well old Spiritualized bootlegs and if there's one song that should be resurrected live by Jason it's this one.

The wah-wah bit in the middle is fukn mindblowing.
runcible
Site Admin

Re: Feelin' Just Fine

Post by runcible »

It rates as one of the most incredible live music moments of my entire life. Sadly that was in 1991. I'd love to hear him dig it out again.
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

For many years I thought of this as a lesser Spaceman track but lately got really into the alternative mix from Recurring. Now I'm surprised that it hasn't joined Lord Can You Hear Me and So Hot as songs that have been extensively reinterpreted over the years. Definitely an unheralded classic.

Actually, I'd like to hear everything from Recurring with a bit less reverb on the vocals. There's some great material on there but it would definitely reach its full potential with production a bit closer to Lazer Guided Melodies.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Is this the one you guys are talking about: Birmingham Edwards No.8 November 5 1991?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

TheWarmth wrote:Is this the one you guys are talking about: Birmingham Edwards No.8 November 5 1991?
That recording shows how incredible that track can be live. My own experience was a few days later (or earlier? Can't remember) at the Mean Fiddler. I was off my face but I can remember that moment with amazing clarity.
plastic37
Known user

Post by plastic37 »

This is making me wish i had a tape deck. For years i kept one but when i got it out to do some transfers a while a go it didn't work.

I have several versions of Feelin' Just Fine (3 or 4) taped by my own hand from 1991, and yes, it was a highight. I also remember the one and only time i saw them do Any Way That You Want Me at the Commonwealth Institute August 1991. It had a loverrrrly intro and then emerged.... ah. That was such a good gig, complete with a PA shut down part way into Things'll Never Be The Same.
and,
just remembered, they played a Playing With Fire version of So Hot. Unfortunately the recording includes me going "Oh WOWWW" at the point i realised that was the song. Again, it kind of emerged in a fragile way...
I do remember that i backed that tape up but now wish i had transfered it to mini disc or some such.
One day.
Heavy Tourism
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I was at that Commonwealth Institute show - it was an incredible gig. That's the first time Things'll Never Be The Same had been played by Spiritualized to my knowledge and the management pulled the plug and turned the lights on. Jason went ballistic with his wah-wah that night. A golden era.