Tedious discography question

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

Ian

Tedious discography question

Post by Ian »

For years, I've seen a Glass cassette version of The Perfect Prescription listed in Spacemen discographies (which apparently includes extra tracks Rollercoaster from Walkin' With Jesus, Starship from Transparent Radiation, O.D. Catastrophe from Sound Of Confusion). I think this was first mentioned in the first issue of Outer Limits. But a wants ad in the same issue of that fanzine suggests that even the people who put it together didn't have a copy. I've never seen one, never seen one offered for sale, and never known anyone else who has one or has seen on either.

Can anyone confirm that there ever was such a thing?

And a bit easier - can anyone confirm that Fire issued a cassette of The Perfect Prescription when they reissued it on vinyl and CD? I'm pretty sure they must have - they did Performance and Sound Of Confusion - but I've not seen one of them either.

Thanks!

Love,

Ian
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

I can't help you on the Glass question, but I do have the Fire cassette of The Perfect Prescription in front of me now - it has tracks 1 to 11 on Chris' discography, and is 1989, catalogue REFIRE MC6.

First Spacemen 3 release I ever bought.
ononist
Known user

Post by ononist »

I have a tape of Playing With Fire that plays The Perfect Prescription.

Rare??
Ian

Post by Ian »

Taping over it yourself doesn't count!

Love,

Ian
nasty
Known user

Post by nasty »

I have a tape of Playing With Fire that plays The Perfect Prescription
my mate once had this too. straight up.
ononist
Known user

Post by ononist »

All legit and for real. I had/have a letter from Fire to cofirm it was genuine.

PS - Ian check your email - didn't know there were personal messages here.
William
New user

Post by William »

Ian,
I have a copy of 'Perfect Prescription' on Glass cassette (Cat no.GLAMC 026) exactly as you describe it. I also have a Genius copy in a purple sleeve. Both sleeves as the vinyl version.

Hope this helps,

William K
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Pretty sure there was a tape reissue by Fire... I bought one around 1993 or something that had extra tracks Suicide (live) and Repeater (live), the versions from Threebie 3. I'm only guessing this was a reissue though. And thinking about the record shop I bought it from I wouldn't be surprised if they'd had it there since it came out!

And I've just realised I'm talking about PWF when the question was about TPP!!! D'Oh!

I think there was a reissue of Perfect Prescription by Fire which had "That's Just Fine" and "Soul 1" as extra tracks, although I've never had a cassette copy of this LP.
Last edited by natty on Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

No mention of a cassette version on the Fire website...
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

ononist wrote:I have a tape of Playing With Fire that plays The Perfect Prescription.

Rare??
I have this too and got this while on vacation once. But I traded it years ago for some wine. Foolish, I guess. Rabid Spacemen 3 fans kept me in liquor and dope for years in the early nineties.

I once corresponded with someone who asked your original question, Ian. I wasn't equipped to answer but he seemed pretty convinced that it didn't exist and no-one he spoke to who had worked at Glass at the time could remember it. Honestly, it was the presence of OD Catastrophe that led me to believe the Outer Limits people either got confused or were fooled by a fake.