Undo the Taboo live vid

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

porkchop
Known user

Undo the Taboo live vid

Post by porkchop »

sparta72
Known user

Re: Undo the Taboo live vid

Post by sparta72 »

Thanks for the post , this is flipping brilliant!! 8)
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

wouldn't hold your breath, we've been told that for ages (including that mouth watering description).it's the Chinese Democracy of drone rock. maybe Kevin Shields is doing the sleevenotes? :)

don't know what happened to the proposed reissues of first 3 Spectrum albums this year too. first one was meant to be in March time i think, but still not heard anything
Mussels
Known user

Post by Mussels »

HA ! Expecting a Spectrum album is like the second coming of Jesus ! I'd expect it to come out eventually, maybe in 2014.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

angelsighs wrote:don't know what happened to the proposed reissues of first 3 Spectrum albums this year too. first one was meant to be in March time i think, but still not heard anything
In his interview in Optical Sounds he talked about it and said these are all planned for this year if he cam swing it. The problem is prising them away from Silvertone (and Fire in the case of the Spacemen).
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

runcible wrote:
angelsighs wrote:don't know what happened to the proposed reissues of first 3 Spectrum albums this year too. first one was meant to be in March time i think, but still not heard anything
In his interview in Optical Sounds he talked about it and said these are all planned for this year if he cam swing it. The problem is prising them away from Silvertone (and Fire in the case of the Spacemen).
excellent cheers runcible, hope Pete manages to sort it out. his albums deserve to be more widely available.

and, of course, as everyone knows a remastered Perfect Prescription is a bit of a spacemen holy grail. my CD version is shocking.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

angelsighs wrote:
runcible wrote:
excellent cheers runcible, hope Pete manages to sort it out. his albums deserve to be more widely available.

and, of course, as everyone knows a remastered Perfect Prescription is a bit of a spacemen holy grail. my CD version is shocking.
I think the master tapes for PP have been lost, unless I'm very much mistaken.

That video was excellent, btw.