Effects pedals used by Spacemen 3

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

Ro S_repeater
Known user

Effects pedals used by Spacemen 3

Post by Ro S_repeater »

Hello.

I want to ascertain what effects pedals etc Spacemen 3 used.

I alreday know about the amps they used and the guitars they used, and the built in effects they included namely, Sonic's Vox Conqueror amp and Vox Starsteam guitar; and Jason's HH amp) - but I want to know what effects pedals they used.

I think I have read that Sonic had a Guyatone real tube distortion (#TD1)

I know Jason had some kind of Colorsound wah wah pedal - but what precise model was it? And was it a wah/fuzz?

So, can anyone help me identify any other effects pedals/units Spacemen 3 used. Thanks

(NOTE: I''m aware of the equipment list in the front of Erik Morse's book, but that is evidently wong and unreliable. It includes pedals etc. that didn't exist at the time, and appears to be copied from Sonic's New Antlantis equipment list.)
TheWarmth
Known user

Re: Effects pedals used by Spacemen 3

Post by TheWarmth »

This thread might provide interesting for you regarding tremolo:

http://ideensynthese.de/spiritualized/v ... =21&t=9559

I was always under the impression that Jason used a standard Colorsound wah, but I suppose it's possible that it was a fuzz-wah. There is a photo in a thread in this section that I posted and you can see the CS wah with a blue enclosure. Impossible to say what version it is, though.
Ro S_repeater
Known user

Post by Ro S_repeater »

TheWarmth wrote:This thread might provide interesting for you regarding tremolo:

http://ideensynthese.de/spiritualized/v ... =21&t=9559

I was always under the impression that Jason used a standard Colorsound wah, but I suppose it's possible that it was a fuzz-wah. There is a photo in a thread in this section that I posted and you can see the CS wah with a blue enclosure. Impossible to say what version it is, though.
Hi. Yep, seen that thread about tremolo. I have a clone of the Vox Repeat Percussion. (Those CF and Castledine pedals you have look tasty btw! you should do a youtube demo of them!)

I wanna know what Colorosound wah pedal model/s Jason used. Noted about the blue enclosure in that photo.

ta
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

There is a wealth of information on Colorsound at the D*A*M Stompboxes forum: http://stompboxes.co.uk/forum/index.php

Anthony Macari, who owns Macari's Music in London as well as Colorsound, posts there frequently. David Main (builder of D*A*M) is also the builder of some of the Colorsound pedals.

I don't have time to do pedal videos, unfortunately, but there are a number of players on the D*A*M forum that do. You'll find plenty of Castledine and Creepyfingers videos there.