Spacemen 3 t-shirts,

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

Spacemen 3 t-shirts,

Postby niamhm » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:14 pm

somebody seems to be running of tee`s ,don`t know what to make of them ,Spirals,Logo & Playing With Fire in various colours,no pics. just graphic,any thoughts?

http://www.redbubble.com/people/ixrid/w ... rce=google

Just add ,If you put Spacemen 3 in the search box their doing 6 different Spacemen tee`s and an EAR one!
niamhm
Known user

Re: Spacemen 3 t-shirts,

Postby spacemanrich » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:01 am

Their okay, it seems like a Spaceman fan who just wants to make a few quid. No different than some of the vendors selling SP3 shirts on eBay.
spacemanrich
Known user

Postby KingHarry » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:04 pm

bit of an opportunity missed I reckon. Real shortage of S3 TShirts available. Nice to see multiple colouts avaibale rather than ubiquitous Black, but the recurring one is a horror show. Could do better, but still likely to buy at least one!
KingHarry
Known user

Postby niamhm » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:38 pm

KingHarry wrote:bit of an opportunity missed I reckon. Real shortage of S3 TShirts available. Nice to see multiple colouts avaibale rather than ubiquitous Black, but the recurring one is a horror show. Could do better, but still likely to buy at least one!

think so ? a didnae think it was to bad ,
niamhm
Known user

Postby Drussell622+ » Tue May 08, 2012 10:46 am

Hello, I have been searching for any of the Spacemen 3 shirts that were sold recently at Spectrum shows I beleive? Silver font on a high quality thin shirt. I need a medium any color will do. The shirt is seen in the middle by Spectrum band member here

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6298_n.jpg

I am also looking for vintage Spacemen 3 shirts in a medium. Please help reply here or PM me.
Drussell622+
Known user

Postby Laz69 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:43 pm

I have a lovely gold version of that one. Can't recall where i got it from tho... eBay maybe.
Laz69
Known user

Postby runcible » Tue May 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Drussell622+ wrote:I am also looking for vintage Spacemen 3 shirts in a medium. Please help reply here or PM me.

Those go for crazy money. One battered example which had the sleeves cut off sold for a lot of money last year. I had 2 of the white version which turned into tents as the fabric used was poor quality, so I chucked them out about 20 years ago. Wish I'd kept the buggers now.
runcible
Site Admin

Postby Drussell622+ » Tue May 08, 2012 5:48 pm

I know they seem to be very overpriced online that guy who wanted 800 for a recurring shirt is crazy
Last edited by Drussell622+ on Tue May 08, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drussell622+
Known user

Postby Drussell622+ » Tue May 08, 2012 5:49 pm

I'll settle for the higher quality newer shirts that I've been told have been sold at Spectrum shows before. If anyone has the newer gold or silver print shirts printed on the higher quality shirts let me know. I am also looking for any vintage spiritualized shirts or spectrum shirts. I will pay a fair price.
Drussell622+
Known user

Postby Laz69 » Tue May 08, 2012 8:17 pm

'm toying with picking up that EAR shirt... i think they actually look quite good... and i don't think £20 is too obscene a price to pay for a decent band's t-shirt...

Now if anyone can just direct me to where a t-shirt with the first Carlton Melton album cover on it... :D
Laz69
Known user

Postby angelsighs » Wed May 09, 2012 2:01 pm

Drussell622+ wrote:Hello, I have been searching for any of the Spacemen 3 shirts that were sold recently at Spectrum shows I beleive? Silver font on a high quality thin shirt. I need a medium any color will do. The shirt is seen in the middle by Spectrum band member here

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6298_n.jpg

I am also looking for vintage Spacemen 3 shirts in a medium. Please help reply here or PM me.

I'd love a T shirt like that one too. surely if Pete K made some to sell on the web he'd make a killing??
angelsighs
Known user

Postby KingHarry » Thu May 17, 2012 8:58 pm

nice new tshirt on that site. Best of the bunch so far - http://www.redbubble.com/people/mrspace ... n-3-spiral
KingHarry
Known user

Postby bodyguard1 » Wed May 23, 2012 8:17 am

what other colours you got phil
bodyguard1
New user

Postby KingHarry » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:40 am

Ebay tshirt just gone for £200.

This is madness surely?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121026392579? ... 1423.l2649
KingHarry
Known user

Postby spacemanrich » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Total Madness. It looks well worn not even worth 5 quid.

You can create your own t-shirt for like 10-15 quid. They have t-shirt websites that let you do that, however, you have to have some sort of Illustration software i.e. - Illustrator, CorelDraw, etc to do it. The Spacemen font is easy to find and you got to have some creativity in creating one...
spacemanrich
Known user

Postby davedecay » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:03 am

davedecay
Known user

Postby Hofstadter » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Hofstadter
Known user

Postby natty » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:09 pm

Just bought my two-month-old a Recurring T-Shirt from redbubble.com
natty
Known user

Postby Shinesalight » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:29 pm

Wow they've got some great looking baby outfits on there. Bit pricey though...nearly £20 including p&p though I think I may just have to grab that other Spacemen 3 t for my little Dylan 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Shinesalight
Known user

Postby Shinesalight » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Oh, and Natty, let me know what the t-shirt is like when you get it. I'm going to let you be the guinea pig here and wait to see what you think of them before I dive in. Got my eye on the 13th Floor Elevators and New Order "Movement" t's along with the aforementioned Spacemen 3 one.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Shinesalight
Known user

Postby natty » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:09 pm

The print isn't as bright as the sleeve of the record and could perhaps be sharper, but its decent enough, has survived a couple of washes without deteriorating any. To be honest it was worth it just for the smiles seeing my baby daughter wearing it has given me :-)
natty
Known user

Postby natty » Sun May 12, 2013 9:59 am

They come up very small though. My baby had grown out of it by 3 months and it was supposed to be for 3-6 months. She's not that big either.
natty
Known user

Postby Dreamweapon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:48 am

Spacemen 3 first came into my radar at the time of 'Big City', and I remember there was the SPacemail address for the fanvlub at PO Box 8, Corby (I imagine this was directed to Gerald). At the time, I remember getting an order form back again with the short and long sleeved versions of the 'Recurring' shirt on it, along with the 'Playing With Fire' and 'For All The F***** Up... shirts as well. THese were, if my memory serves me right, sold as manufactured by Popworld / Rox. I'd love to think that there may still be a box of unsold shirts lying somewhere in a NOrthamptonshire/Warwickshire warehouse that may see the light of day......

Further to this, from reading the Erik MOrse book, it talks a fair bit of Spacemen 3 T shirt sales on their various tours, so it'd be interesting to see what some of these early T-shirt images were.
Dreamweapon
Known user

Postby runcible » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:30 pm

Dreamweapon wrote:Further to this, from reading the Erik MOrse book, it talks a fair bit of Spacemen 3 T shirt sales on their various tours, so it'd be interesting to see what some of these early T-shirt images were.

The people who did The Outer Limits reissued cassettes of the original demos which came as a package with the early needle logo shirt. I have a couple of those somewhere, printed on light blue. Just found one:

WP_20150309_11_17_52_Pro.jpg
WP_20150309_11_17_52_Pro.jpg (60.18 KiB) Viewed 1791 times

I also heard from Pete K that when the Spacemen first toured Europe - to their astonishment - a lot of the audience were wearing Sp3 shirts, even though none had been produced. The audience had made their own which obviously pleased the band quite a bit.
runcible
Site Admin

Postby Dreamweapon » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:23 pm

Don't think I could ever buy any of the 'For All The F***** Up.. shirts. (I also know that there are some reprints of these in a variety of colours, with the Spacemen 3 triangle on the front). I'd just be really concerned about offending anyone! Maybe I'm a wuss, but just wouldn't feel comfortable!

I really wanted one of the long sleeve 'Recurring' ones, and wished I 'd ordered one at the time. It had S3 running all down the sleeve, with a huge S3 logo in the centre of the shirt, with Natty's sweet tooth design running through the S3.

At the same time, when I wrote off to the PO Box 8 address, I also had order forms for the original orange and blue Spz LGM angel/devil long and short sleeve shirts.
Dreamweapon
Known user

Postby davedecay » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:09 pm

here's the one I done by hand in college, mid-80s.

davedecay
Known user

Postby spzretent » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:19 pm

Dreamweapon wrote:Don't think I could ever buy any of the 'For All The F***** Up.. shirts. (I also know that there are some reprints of these in a variety of colours, with the Spacemen 3 triangle on the front). I'd just be really concerned about offending anyone! Maybe I'm a wuss, but just wouldn't feel comfortable!

I really wanted one of the long sleeve 'Recurring' ones, and wished I 'd ordered one at the time. It had S3 running all down the sleeve, with a huge S3 logo in the centre of the shirt, with Natty's sweet tooth design running through the S3.

At the same time, when I wrote off to the PO Box 8 address, I also had order forms for the original orange and blue Spz LGM angel/devil long and short sleeve shirts.

I totally understand not wanting to offend anyone. I wont wear a shirt with the word fuck on it. Sometimes I will to a show but that is it.
I had an official Recurring shirt, PWF shirt, I have the one Runcible posted. Spiritualized I have way too many. 10-12 probably.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
spzretent
Site Admin

Postby natty » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:52 pm

Wish PK would do another run of the original "For All The Fucked Up..." Shirts.
natty
Known user

Postby natty » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:42 pm

Dreamweapon wrote:Don't think I could ever buy any of the 'For All The F***** Up.. shirts. (I also know that there are some reprints of these in a variety of colours, with the Spacemen 3 triangle on the front). I'd just be really concerned about offending anyone! Maybe I'm a wuss, but just wouldn't feel comfortable!

The one I had back in the day "S3" all down the arm but just a square "sweet tooth" picture on the front with "Spacemen 3" above it IIRC.

Like this one, but long sleeved, basically:

Got too many blim burns in it and it went in the bin eventually I'm afraid to say.
natty
Known user

Postby KingHarry » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:03 pm

natty wrote:

The one I had back in the day "S3" all down the arm but just a square "sweet tooth" picture on the front with "Spacemen 3" above it IIRC.

Like this one, but long sleeved, basically:

Got too many blim burns in it and it went in the bin eventually I'm afraid to say.

I swear I had the same long-sleeve, S3 down the arms, would have been ~ 1991. What's more, that being the era and 'baggy' being the scene, I'm pretty convined mine had a hood?!
In truth, not their best.

I did my lad a DIY one with PK half face from the flexi single. Pretty tasteful.
KingHarry
Known user

Return to Spacemen3