SPECTRUM - Euro Tour August 2012

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

rubyrecluse
Known user

SPECTRUM - Euro Tour August 2012

Post by rubyrecluse »

Taken from the Spectrum facebook page.

August 2012

Thur 2 August – HBC, BERLIN, Germany

Sat 4 August - Off Fest, KATOWICE, Poland

Thur 9 August – Debaser, MALMO, Sweden

Fri 10 August - Drone, COPENHAGEN, Denmark

Sat 11 August – Debaser, STOCKHOLM, Sweden

Wed 15 August – The Haunt, BRIGHTON, UK

Thur 16 August – The Shacklewell Arms, LONDON, UK

Sat 18 August – Yellowstock Festival, GEIL, BELGIUM
Shinesalight
Known user

Re: SPECTRUM - Euro Tour August 2012

Post by Shinesalight »

Only 2 gigs in the UK and one of those is in Brighton.... I am well happy :D 8) (though obviously a bit gutted for those who want to see them but live nowhere near the South :? ). More dates to follow?
Last edited by Shinesalight on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Long trip for me then. Was hopeful that PK would return to the NWest after cancellation of Manchester date 2 years ago.

Perhaps an EP to promote?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Shinesalight wrote:Only 2 gigs in the UK and one of those is in Brighton.... I am well happy :D 8) (though obviously a bit gutted for those not who want to see them but live nowhere near the South :? ).
Don't get me started... :cry:
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Me too — usually he stops in Basel...

sigh.

M
Design.
helterskelter
Known user

Post by helterskelter »

i heard a rumour they were recording in august too
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

just realised that the London date coincides with that Olympics event - hotels and travel will be mental.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Hookworms are supporting this.

Bought tickets - it's after the Olympics have finished, so hotels were reasonable.
ononist
Known user

Post by ononist »

I'm going to go to the Brighton and London shows.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

KingHarry wrote:Hookworms are supporting this.

Is this just for the London date....or Brighton too?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

In answer to above /\, think it's just London gig.

Who else attending Spectrum London? Very much looking forward to this.

Looking at the map - looks like it's in the badlands of Hackney.
helterskelter
Known user

Post by helterskelter »

Its a 15 min walk from kings cross i think. Good venue if its the one i remember
giancarlod85
New user

Post by giancarlod85 »

Its about a 10 minute walk from Dalston Kingsland Overground.

Saw Mikal Cronin there a few months back. Pub at the front, small room at the back for bands. If i remember correctly, they had a great oil wheel lamp projected on the back wall. Should be a nice setting, pretty old school.

BTW long time reader, first time poster

Hi
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

MattBenn wrote: What kind of merch have they got going on at these shows? It's payday on Wednesday so I might go a bit mental.
My prediction would be 'not a lot' unfortunately. Last time they had some GPS 7', but the support comfortably had more stuff than Spectrum.

Looking forward to seeing your lot again.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Fantastic gig last night. Sonic was on great form, the sound was amazing and the visuals were stunning. Pretty much the usual songs including opener Johnny Ace, Che, When Tomorrow Hits, Revolution and a totally epic encore of Suicide. There turned out to be quite a lot of merch for those interested who are going to the London show tonight. I grabbed a new t-shirt similar to the design on the front of the new GPS single and a print to match. They also had a few of the singles, a tote bag and some Spaceage released Spectrum CD's. I did take a photo of the merch stall to put up on here but can't for the love of me seem to work out how to upload it from my i-phone via my i-pad? :?

Anyway, top gig and great to see Sonic again. Came away thinking how much I love his stuff and how desperate I am to get the Spectrum material on vinyl. For those going tonight, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention.... a certain Mr William Carruthers was performing bass duties. Looking very dapper I must say and clearly enjoying himself. :D 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Shinesalight wrote:Fantastic gig last night. Sonic was on great form, the sound was amazing and the visuals were stunning. Pretty much the usual songs including opener Johnny Ace, Che, When Tomorrow Hits, Revolution and a totally epic encore of Suicide. There turned out to be quite a lot of merch for those interested who are going to the London show tonight. I grabbed a new t-shirt similar to the design on the front of the new GPS single and a print to match. They also had a few of the singles, a tote bag and some Spaceage released Spectrum CD's. I did take a photo of the merch stall to put up on here but can't for the love of me seem to work out how to upload it from my i-phone via my i-pad? :?

Anyway, top gig and great to see Sonic again. Came away thinking how much I love his stuff and how desperate I am to get the Spectrum material on vinyl. For those going tonight, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention.... a certain Mr William Carruthers was performing bass duties. Looking very dapper I must say and clearly enjoying himself. :D 8)
I heard that Carruthers was playing - great news that. Thanks for info re merchandise, will take some extra cash - always in the market for quality prints. Was it rammed? Last one in London was in a good but small venue near Angel and was over-full.
davidsussex
New user

Post by davidsussex »

I enjoyed last night but I didn't think it was as good as the show at the packed out Lexington last year. I wish they would mix up the set list a little more too as much as I love Suicide and Revolution and How you Satisfy Me and When Tomorrow Hits they have been playing more or less the same set now for three years. I didn't recognise the first song of encore though (the one before Suicide) is that a new one?

If there is a new album coming then I would like to see them playing these songs live to give us a little taster.

Wasn't loud enough last night either.

Anyone know who the guitar player is? I have heard he is in another band and I'd like to check them out.

David
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

last night was my first time seeing Spectrum and it was incredible! Great sound and brilliant setlist (good mix of old and new). The fact that Will was playing bass made the whole thing even more perfect. As people mentioned, the visuals were great too. I also really enjoyed what i heard of the support band, though I was pretty late so only caught the tail end of their set.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Fantastic night. Currenly listening to Mary having seen PK with Will Carruthers in an astonishingly wank E London venue. Nice and cosy, great sound, but PK could sell out double size venues in Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds probably. Spoke to Will, top guy, spoke to PK, top guy. Nice merchandise. Mary has finishhed, into Angel now. In conversation, PK very uncommital re new EP or LP. Should treasure this man, but please give us some new stuff.
London crowds are stiff as boards and is a shite place to play.
Hookwordms great.
ononist
Known user

Post by ononist »

I didn't see any merch but it was waaay packed by the time I got in. Fantastic show.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

ononist wrote:I didn't see any merch but it was waaay packed by the time I got in. Fantastic show.
The merchandise was decent - as mentioned above, tshirts and prints. I got a print. 10 pints later, I can confirm that it is no longer in decent shape.

Speaking with Will Carruthers, he said the flushest he's ever been was when working as a labourer. Bassist for 3 or 4 of the best bands of past 25 years and he's never earnt a carrot. Deeply sad that. Music industry is totally fucked up.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

consider me jealous, wish the band were touring near me. the setlist seems to be pretty static though, although they didn't play Angel when I saw them.

it's so cool that Will is on bass duties, I love his bass playing.
how fluid is the Spectrum lineup? have they still got that young fella on guitar?
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

angelsighs wrote:how fluid is the Spectrum lineup? have they still got that young fella on guitar?
I think so, yes, although I couldn't see him too clearly from where I was. My wife managed to sabotage the evening for me by saying that the (excellent) drummer looked like David Mitchell.
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

played Angel last night. Line up seems the same - same drummer and sat-down young lad on guitar (he's called Jason too isn't he?).
davidsussex
New user

Post by davidsussex »

KingHarry wrote:played Angel last night. Line up seems the same - same drummer and sat-down young lad on guitar (he's called Jason too isn't he?).
He is called Jason. Jason, Sonic and Will it's almost Spacemen 3! I heard he was in The Cult of Dom Kellar but I'm not sure. I'd like to find out what other band he's in as I like his guitar playing.

And they played Angel at the Brighton gig too
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

KingHarry wrote:sat-down young lad on guitar (he's called Jason too isn't he?).
He is. At the Natty art show / Spacemen "reunion" the other year, Dan Treacy ended his set saying how we should look forward to "Pete, Jason, and all those other guys" (or words to that effect). It took me a few minutes to remember that I'd seen Spectrum with Jason Holt not long before.
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk