dreamweapon question?

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

digital jesus
Known user

dreamweapon question?

Post by digital jesus »

can anyone tell me what the difference is between the 2 versions of the dreamweapon cd?

i have seen that there is a yellow cover and a multicoloured cover.

cheers
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

The one with the skull on the cover is the Sympathy for the Record Industry version. It includes the full (or at least 45-minute) Dreamweapon performance plus Ecstasy in Slow Motion and Spacemen Jam. The one with the yellow cover you're most likely familiar with (there are other versions, I think) is the newer SpaceAge reissue, and has Xtacy Live Intro Theme as a bonus track, which is also on the Taang! Perfect Prescription CD, and which is exactly the same as In Slow Motion except it's a little shorter and includes the faint sound of a door being knocked close to the end (mastering mistake?).

Choose the one that's cheaper. The Sympathy disc is prettier but if costs extra, it includes less. In terms of sound quality it has been so long since I've heard the SpaceAge version that I couldn't gauge them. I did, however, decide that on first listen it wasn't worth upgrading.
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

The Space Age reissues have generally tended to have better sound quality, but it's really dependent on the original source - in this case, I wouldn't imagine there would be that much of a difference. I only have the SFTRI one so I can't say any more.

The Evening of Contemporary Sitar Music is a beautiful piece of work, a real mood piece, and wonderful to drift off to. If you can imagine the EAR stuff with tunes, you're kinda close but nowhere near. I also kinda like Spacemen Jam, although it has been knocked a bit on the old forum.

As for the "bonus track", do you really need or want yet another identical version of Ecstasy?
helm
Known user

Post by helm »

i'd just recommend anyone to buy it if they like spacemen 3. ...sitar music seems to use most of the riffs that later emerged on playing with fire- great fun spotting them!
digital jesus
Known user

Post by digital jesus »

ok, thanks for that.

i got the yellow cover for £4 second hand.
Subutex rex highs

dreamweapon

Post by Subutex rex highs »

I have the multi coloured copy of Dreamweapon on SFTRI and unaware of the yellow release untill now. Does the yellow copy contain a clourfull picture disc? Also at hand is the very first single Spiritulized released, Anyway that you want me/Step into the breeze. Serious offers only.............I THINK NOT
methad drone programme

Post by methad drone programme »

i offer you an outboard motor and half a set of golf clubs