Spectrum Dec. 7, 2002 The Debaser, Stockholm, SW Setlist?

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

Silent Corner/Empty Stage
Known user

Spectrum Dec. 7, 2002 The Debaser, Stockholm, SW Setlist?

Post by Silent Corner/Empty Stage »

Anyone have the setlist for this gig? And any pertinent recording info would also be much appreciated.

Thanks
veiko
Known user

Re: Spectrum Dec. 7, 2002 The Debaser, Stockholm, SW Setlist

Post by veiko »

Silent Corner/Empty Stage wrote:Anyone have the setlist for this gig? And any pertinent recording info would also be much appreciated.
I have the recording. I was there.
Juzba
Known user

Post by Juzba »

damn, a shame I missed this
I was completely unaware

You gotta warn me in time before the next one veiko :)
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

Juzba wrote: You gotta warn me in time before the next one veiko
it's a deal!

i had a major fucking toothache that night, so my picture with Sonic in the backstage has me with a hugh stiff upper lip.

and somehow Sonic found a painting in the backstage (which remainded me Tinderstick's postcards) and wrote with a wasserfester pen on it "Kiss my ass" and thats in Kiss style!
:shock: :lol:
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

Here's what i've come up with for the setlist, I'm not sure about the last track so it's called "instrumental jam", but the others are correct i think:
Spectrum
Debaser, Stockholm
December 7, 2002
Quality: Audience, A
Running Time: 65:19

01. Transparent Radiation
02. New Atlantis(Francis Bacon Poem)
03. All Night Long
04. Indian Summer
05. True Love Will Find You In The End
06. Set Me Free (I've Got The Key)
07. Lord I Don't Even Know My Name
08. I Know They Say
09. Instrumental Jam

i must add that i know they say live is incredible, makes me have high hopes for the next spectrum album indeed.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

SpaceLine wrote: I'm not sure about the last track so it's called "instrumental jam"
Last track is called "Girl". it's a Suicide cover and is from Füxa repertoire, in studio recorded with Sonic himself on vocals. (you can get that 7" from Sonic's site)
and there were only 2 persons on stage - Sonic and Randall (from Füxa), surely thats why Girl was played.

2 days before Stockholm they were in Oslo, Norway.
i have not seen a bootleg of that show. Randall sayed that the audience in Oslo was very friendly - they even helped to roll joints for them! ain't that nice...
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

How might I get a copy of this disc/tape?

ddk
nicolai
Known user

Post by nicolai »

yeah i was at the oslo gig, and sure, there was this guy sitting on the left corner of the stage, rolling spliffs for sonic. the gig was a dissapointment, sonic didn't get on the tunes very well, he was stoned like, hm, as stoned as you can imagine him being stoned. rumors says he gave apologies to the club (sowhat!) of being too stoned and playing a very bad gig. but it was cool to see him anyway. he is a true legendary rock'n'roll anti-hero. and he sure is a very friendly/nice guy. i remember i was first in the row of getting stuff signed, before he started to sign he had to roll a spliff... it's one of the strangest concerts i've ever attended. norway's drug policies are VERY STRICT, and the government and police uses a lot of money and resources on anti-cannabis propaganda. at the same time, oslo is one of europes worst cities in europe when it comes to heroin addicts and death caused by O.D.