Downloadable gig

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

Phillipo
Known user

Downloadable gig

Post by Phillipo »

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but there's a Spacemen 3 gig up on Sharing the Groove...

I can't find the link right now, but if you go to http://www.sharingthegroove.org and do a search for Spacemen 3 then it should be the first result.
Phillipo
Known user

Post by Phillipo »

appledelphy
Known user

Post by appledelphy »

and now he added the concert aka revolution and heroin
Guest3

confoooosed

Post by Guest3 »

scuse my thickness, but how do i use this format the gig is saved in? can i put it to a cd or just play it on pc?
Phillipo
Known user

Software

Post by Phillipo »

What software do you use to make cds at the minute? I'm using Nero 6, and I know that supports the format here, no problem at all, so it's simply a matter of burning it to cd.

Also, if you do a search for .flac or .shn playback, you should be able to get plug-ins for Windows Media Player that will let you listen to the files on a PC.
asd2112
Known user

Post by asd2112 »

http://www.etree.org/mkw.html

that link should have software for converting mkw,shn and flac files to wav files
i don't want to be your lover i just want to be your victim

asd
Guest3

confused still!

Post by Guest3 »

ok, thanks for the help, ive downloaded the audio compression software,

ok, im saving the .torrent file to my pc, but i still cant get it to work?
ix

Post by ix »

once you save the .torrent file, you must then use a bit torrent program to open that file, which points the program to the files online. you must also tell the program where to save the files on your hard drive.

ix
Phillipo
Known user

Torrents

Post by Phillipo »

The best BitTorrent Program that I've found is "Shadow's experimental client", do a search for that, download the program (I think it's version 5.8.11 or something). Then tell your PC to open the .torrent with that program.