spacemen 3 posters or shirts

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

MechanicalMan
New user

spacemen 3 posters or shirts

Post by MechanicalMan »

where can i find spacemen 3 posters or shirts? thanks
purespace
Known user

Re: spacemen 3 posters or shirts

Post by purespace »

Sonic had some new shirts made up a while back, hit him up.
I think I feel it coming on
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I got a rather nice blue Spacemen 3 shirt from Ebay from a guy who was printing them. The old 'fucked up children' wording. They are regularly on there - check it out.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

I'm thinking of making up a very short run of them, hand-made, 3 screens.
What kind of sizes and blends do you think are best? 50/50 shrink less but are not as soft.
100% cotton feels best but you deal with shrinking. I personally like American Apparel, they are thin and soft, but they cost a bit more.
porkchop
Known user

Post by porkchop »

Hit up SynthiA. The last Spectrum shirts were on American Apparel and though pricey, are great shirts. Let us know if you do print some up.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

The American Apparel are top quality. My Amazing Grace shirt has been put through its paces pin hole burns and all because it just feels so nice wearing it and well worth the $$$.
I think I feel it coming on
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I use American Apparel for the shirts I sell on my web site. they are worth it. People love them and wear them a lot which is important for me. gets me more biz!
The American Apparel tri-blend or 50/25/25 shirts are the best by far. But I think they only come in grey.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

figures. i just did an order and wassn't aware of this. these may be retail only. if not I screwed up.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
supershonn
Known user

Post by supershonn »

not sure if you're aware but you should try out Mission Imprintables. If you have a resale license they have great rates and you can order as many or as few as you want. in multiple colors/sizes.

i'd suggest going with one of the organic brands. it's not really that much more. if you're looking for a great response from customers. everyone who has bought one of our female band shirts always thanks us for using organic (sorry, we couldn't afford to do the guys as well).

just a thought for ya.

me
sonic boom
Known user

Post by sonic boom »

Hey Guys,

Will be having shirts ( S3 and Spectrum) at our soon to be announced shows in and around the My Bloody Valentine ATP and other shows in late September. I'll be posting about this any day now. If people wanna make up shirts for themselves you can get surpisingly high quality sheets of photo sensitive type paper for any computer printer. I have to point out that 3rd Stone monitor and pursue anyone infringing on S3 's copyright on a manufacturing/ retail level.

I know I still have 3 lucky XLs and XXLs awaiting shirts bought from me a while back.

There will be further full band Spectrum shows ( see you tube clips) later this year.

Best regards and thanks for caring.
Sonic
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Hi Sonic,

You were sellng some t's a while back on your website, one being a lovely red with a big 3 and i think it also had 'Fucked Up' wrote largely on the back....Are you still selling them ? I'd love one of those and don't know why i never got one back then. Obviously i'd much prefer to buy at source...from you.

Best, Shaun.
What more can the heart of a man desire?
MechanicalMan
New user

Post by MechanicalMan »

thanks. what about posters?
synthiA
Known user

Post by synthiA »

Sounds like Sonic will have Spectrum and s3 shirts for the short US tour coming up in September.

--tom
Chris Barrus
Known user

Post by Chris Barrus »

synthiA wrote:Sounds like Sonic will have Spectrum and s3 shirts for the short US tour coming up in September.
There were SP3 and Spectrum shirts available at the shows. Both are quite nice. The Sp3 shirt is black with silver printing and the Spectrum shirt is black with the multi-colored op-art logo on it.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

When I said 'short run' I meant that literally - not for sale or as infringement, more for myself and a few mates. :)

Looking forward to official merchandise, PK.
davew
Known user

Post by davew »

niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

davew wrote:Just bought one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPACEMEN-3-TSHIRT ... 4aa044134f

:D
Dude modelling the T-shirt looks well dodgy.
Ghost_World
Known user

Post by Ghost_World »

There's a site that sells the above design, pink on a yellow shirt. I got one, great looking shirt. I'll post the link when I find it.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I've got the blue and silver Spacemen 3 t-shirt. Bought it off of these guys on E-Bay, though they don't appear to have any at the moment:-

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Fountain- ... QQ_armrsZ1

They also used to do the pink on yellow one that you mentioned Ghost World.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

i got a black/gold version of that very shirt too. I'm SURE the missus bought it from eBay too, but it was a year or so ago. Been looking for t-shirts recently and struggle to find any i like that are not black t-shirts... I WANT COLOR!!! :lol:
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Laz69 wrote:Been looking for t-shirts recently and struggle to find any i like that are not black t-shirts... I WANT COLOR!!! :lol:
Seconded. I really don't understand why anyone would make Spacemen t-shirts with black or navy blue material. :? :evil:

I still have the yellow with purple logo one that was out years ago, alas it's beginning to get a bit tatty round the neck and shoulders and i'll soon need a replacement. Probably need it now actually but i refuse to give up on my fave shirt.
Also had one of the original white "Fucked up Children" shirts but that ended up as a rag many moons ago.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
davew
Known user

Post by davew »

sunray wrote:
Laz69 wrote:Been looking for t-shirts recently and struggle to find any i like that are not black t-shirts... I WANT COLOR!!! :lol:
Seconded. I really don't understand why anyone would make Spacemen t-shirts with black or navy blue material. :? :evil:

I still have the yellow with purple logo one that was out years ago, alas it's beginning to get a bit tatty round the neck and shoulders and i'll soon need a replacement. Probably need it now actually but i refuse to give up on my fave shirt.
Also had one of the original white "Fucked up Children" shirts but that ended up as a rag many moons ago.
I'm not really into wearing coloured t-shirts, i feel darker colours suit me better. My blue spacemen t-shirt is destroyed so getting a hold of another is great.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

My wife got me one of the dark blue Spacemen shirts ,I save it for special occasions.
laid back in the sun
Known user

Post by laid back in the sun »

i've have my original long sleeved recurring tshirt i got nearly twenty years ago...it still fits and is still worn very occasionally, shame i managed to put a rather large burn mark on one arm when i fell asleep smoking a huge cone one night :oops: although tbh its not the nicest t shirt design in the world :lol:
hey man theres a hole in my nose where all the money goes
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

I used to have that L/S Recurring shirt. It wasn't very nice, was it? It had S3 in the Recurring typeface printed all the way down one of the arms. Fucked if I know what happened to it.

The Spacemen shirts back in the day were rubbish. I had two of the old "For all the fucked up children of the world" ones like Jason's wearing on the PWF sleeve and they both faded up to buggery within a few washes. I've still got an old plain white one with a dayglo pink Spacemen logo on the front but even that's faded and misshapen.

I'd love a decent quality one with a nice design. A rerun of the original "For All the Fucked Up Children..." one would be rad.

And check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPACEMEN-3-1989-T ... 563b313d55 :shock: :shock: :shock:
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Crickey! 68 quid for a shirt w/ the sleeves cut off. :oops:
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Thats unbelievable!!
smellynobcheese
Known user

Post by smellynobcheese »

I had white T-Shirt like that - I gave it to my best friend ... :-)