180g vinyl re-issues

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

BVCP206
Known user

180g vinyl re-issues

Post by BVCP206 »

Does anybody know if these re-issues have inner sleeves, different packaging etc. :?:
'Remember, change is not good'
bambam
Known user

Re: 180g vinyl re-issues

Post by bambam »

just picked them up last week. As far as the sleeves go, they're just plain white and PP has the insert with the Hunter Gibson note. While it was nice of Fire to repress these, the sound quality is okay on SOC and Performance, but a bit lacking of depth on PP. Also, the semi-gloss covers just look weird in comparison to the matt originals, almost like a photoshopped bootleg, though i'm sure the master art work has long since been disposed of or auctioned off.

I was hoping to put my glass copies into retirement, but alas. :(

-a
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Seconded.

I only picked up PP, but the sound is really low and flat. I had to turn up the volume and mess with the EQ. To compare, my 80s Kate Bush crap mass-produced records sounded much louder and dynamic (and they might be the quietest records i have...until now).

The vinyl is also very noisy. Far too many consistent pops and hisses for brand new vinyl. I had to clean it because it was getting really annoying...
henryapplecore
Known user

Post by henryapplecore »

Recieved my copy of PP this morning. Everything said above is exactly spot on. Shame on Fire Records!
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

That's a real shame. I was looking forward to these releases. Don't think I'll bother now :(
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

Fire badly need to get off their asses and remaster PP properly. I've never bought a good Fire reissue of it.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I bought Sound of Confusion yesterday and it's quality. I don't have any complaints. The sleeve and record are heavy and I'm pleased with the sound. I think Perfect Prescription ought to be remastered, but I have a line on a copy of the new Fire vinyl reissue, but that might be a dumb purchase since I already have one of the older Fire vinyl issues of that album.