mark lanegan

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

pgtips
Known user

mark lanegan

Post by pgtips »

Mark lanegan is playing: london @ koko nov 23, manchester academy nov 22. What a voice.. his sound is worth a listen- dark, blue-z, folkie roots and good story-tellin..certainly not for everyone...check out his myspace for a listen. Nothing like the screaming trees-which was a rockin band in its day.
digital jesus
Known user

Post by digital jesus »

oh seriously thats awesome, i am there! thanks for the post!
sunray
Known user

Re: mark lanegan

Post by sunray »

So, Lanegan is undertaking a solo acoustic European tour in Oct/Nov with Duke Garwood as support. As tickets go on sale this Friday for the Dublin gig, at a very expensive ( imo ) €30, i'm just wondering if I should bother or not? It's taking place in the very intimate surroundings of the Sugar Club so i'm sure it'll sell out quickly.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

He's playing Portland on Oct. 7th. The venue is where Spiritualized played but Lanegan's requesting it to be a seated performance. I've only seen the Wonder Ballroom break out chairs once before with the Eels back in 2008.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

have to say the lanegan solo tour from a few years back was superb. still lives strong in the memory as one of best gigs i've been to in recent yrs.
i should go to this but can't justify it. travel + expense.
i'm not surprised there's no belfast date but it still woulda been nice..

i bet these shows will be brilliant all the same.

i haven't been to a lanegan concert & come away disappointed or w/o being pleasantly surprised. he always puts on a great performance. but yea 30euro is a bit steep. 23 or so woulda sufficed you'd think as a maximum.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

jack white wrote:i haven't been to a lanegan concert & come away disappointed or w/o being pleasantly surprised. he always puts on a great performance. but yea 30euro is a bit steep. 23 or so woulda sufficed you'd think as a maximum.
Funny that, cause as much of a fan I am, I've always found his gigs disappointing. Saw him with his band, with Qotsa, with Soulsavers, with Isobell Campbell, but even though his voice is briliant, the fact that he just stands there and sings, always made me feel a bit hard done by. He never seems really involved in what he's doing on stage. He just walks on and sings and walks of when his part is over. Even Jason sitting on his stool makes a more lively impression than Mark Lanegan. But maybe that's just me :roll:
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Guys a legend and my ticket for Manchester has been purchased, second row as well.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

He appears to be doing 'An Evening with....' tour in April, i've just spotted dates for Belfast and Dublin.

I guess this is just him and an acoustic?
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Be great if it was. That acoustic gig he did in the empire (same venue he's playing this time) was mesmerising.
I assumed he was promoting the box set release of the subpop stuff, but a solo/acoustic show is even more exciting.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Duke Garwood with him, so gives you an idea where the evenings may go. Should be cool Manchester Cathederal looks good for me
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

I'vee tickets for this at the Union Chapel in London, which is a lovely venue, saw the Spz acoustic mainlines gig there a few years back. Lanegan will be cool acoustic, and I love Dukes 'Heavy Love' album and their joint Black Pudding album. Should be a special night.