Playing with Fire - Yellow

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

plastic37
Known user

Playing with Fire - Yellow

Post by plastic37 »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spacemen-3-Pl ... 234f2ca101

Embossed sleeve
Yellow vinyl
no labels

What's the story?

Is this UK Fire?
Heavy Tourism
bambam
Known user

Re: Playing with Fire - Yellow

Post by bambam »

Bomp! In the US pressed about eight different colors, yellow included. Not sure about the no labels thing, though,
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

I recently picked up a yellow vinyl copy and an old friend had a lovely blue copy many years ago, both of which were/are Bomp copies. With no labels I'd guess its maybe a test pressing unless there is signs the labels have been removed. Maybe Runcible will know more.
plastic37
Known user

Post by plastic37 »

ta
Interesting that Bomp went to the trouble of embossing the sleeve.
Heavy Tourism
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I have loads of copies on Bomp and none of mine have embossed sleeves. I wasn't aware that any Bomp pressings did in fact. But I also don't think Fire made any coloured vinyl pressings either, but it's anyone's guess what those guys do. This kind of looks like a Bomp LP in a Fire sleeve... The description in the listing doesn't say much. Curiously I believe the rarest Bomp issue is the black vinyl one.

The lack of labels is rather interesting - I haven't see that before, but obviously anything pressed on vinyl will look like that initially!
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

The vinyl looks like Spectrum's "True Love Will Find You in the End" 12".
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

runcible wrote:I have loads of copies on Bomp and none of mine have embossed sleeves. I wasn't aware that any Bomp pressings did in fact. But I also don't think Fire made any coloured vinyl pressings either, but it's anyone's guess what those guys do. This kind of looks like a Bomp LP in a Fire sleeve... The description in the listing doesn't say much. Curiously I believe the rarest Bomp issue is the black vinyl one.

The lack of labels is rather interesting - I haven't see that before, but obviously anything pressed on vinyl will look like that initially!
Yeah I have numerous bomp versions including a black one and none have embossed sleeves guessing this is a mash up of a fire embossed sleeve and a yellow bomp copy. Would be interesting to know what is written in run out groove, when I say interesting.... :lol:
'Remember, change is not good'
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

natty wrote:The vinyl looks like Spectrum's "True Love Will Find You in the End" 12".
You are correct, sir! I asked the question to the seller who responded:
Fire Records, on rear of sleeve it says Fire LP 16, there is a barcode of 5 017161 000140 and on the runout it is hard to see but looks like DF192-8 ORET 44 B1.
So it is as we expected - a Fire sleeve with the wrong vinyl inside. Not only the wrong record but the wrong band! :roll:
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Oooo... that would be a stinger of a purchase! :evil:
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

runcible wrote:
natty wrote:The vinyl looks like Spectrum's "True Love Will Find You in the End" 12".
You are correct, sir! I asked the question to the seller who responded:
Fire Records, on rear of sleeve it says Fire LP 16, there is a barcode of 5 017161 000140 and on the runout it is hard to see but looks like DF192-8 ORET 44 B1.
So it is as we expected - a Fire sleeve with the wrong vinyl inside. Not only the wrong record but the wrong band! :roll:
I got the same reply, somone going to be very dissapointed if they buy this :!:

Runcible - did you point this out to the seller :?:
'Remember, change is not good'
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

BVCP206 wrote:Runcible - did you point this out to the seller :?:
Yup.
BVCP206
Known user