Dean & Britta 13 Most Beautiful 2x LP

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

spzretent
Site Admin

Dean & Britta 13 Most Beautiful 2x LP

Post by spzretent »

Saw this and ordered the other day. Limited to 500 copies.
https://ww-records.com/index.html
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
TheWarmth
Known user

Re: Dean & Britta 13 Most Beautiful 2x LP

Post by TheWarmth »

I bought one of these, too. Pricey, but I really like the album, so I think it'll be worth it. Hopefully the packaging is nice.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

$42 shipped for a double import LP? It isn't that bad I didn't think.
Look what they are trying to get for a test pressing on Discogs. $425. Now that is pricey. And that does not include shipping!
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I get that overseas shipping is expensive, which is why I try to avoid it. The bottom line for me, though, is that $42 is a lot to spend on a record, even if it's a double LP. But I still bought it, because I really like D&B.

Also, I just saw a post on Instagram by Britta - a photo of Dean recording vocals for the new Luna album. Great news, for sure.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

On the other hand look what happened with that GPS single. I sold all of mine for $10.99. Then I look and people are asking $50 and up. WTF?
I have been getting into that box set the past few nights. They are another band I buy almost anything they put out. I gladly hand them over my money. I stopped short on the signed Lp's and hat bundle though. I already have the Lps, don't care about autographs, and certainly don't need any more hats.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Three of us bought copies as the shipping is fixed for 1-3 copies. Share the postage pain with your pals and treat yourselves to a slightly cheaper beautiful LP on vinyl. :wink:
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

spzretent wrote:On the other hand look what happened with that GPS single. I sold all of mine for $10.99. Then I look and people are asking $50 and up. WTF?
I have been getting into that box set the past few nights. They are another band I buy almost anything they put out. I gladly hand them over my money. I stopped short on the signed Lp's and hat bundle though. I already have the Lps, don't care about autographs, and certainly don't need any more hats.
I enjoy Dean & Britta, and have several of their 7" releases, all very nicely packaged. I can easily imagine people buying limited numbered pieces and selling them later, they may not even be at all interested in the music; they may not keep even 1 copy, let alone a spare. I see this too often unfortunately, often on sites from where I buy music; the RSD seems to be very popular way to cash in. As for autographs, they are much more fun to obtain in person, but when that is impossible, the right piece can make for a great addition to the library. Luckily, there are still outlets and shops where the owner is very much a music lover, and that is great for everyone!
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus