Loveless and Isn't Anything vinyl reissues up for preorder

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, spzretent, BzaInSpace, runcible

Loveless and Isn't Anything vinyl reissues up for preorder

Postby beaker73 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:47 am

"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
beaker73
Known user

Re: Loveless and Isn't Anything vinyl reissues up for preord

Postby davedecay » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:00 pm

I'm reading that the LP is $22 plus overseas shipping from UK to US, something like another $20+

Any better (cheaper) places to order in the USA? Wonder if Amazon UK will get it, I think we get Prime shipping for like $4.
davedecay
Known user

Postby burningwheel » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Im sure it will be imported to US eventually. M b v was
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
burningwheel
Known user

Postby burningwheel » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:25 am

I ordered the vinyl bundle plus 2 shirts. $20 shipping. Seems fair shipping from the UK
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
burningwheel
Known user

Postby davedecay » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:55 pm

When I have ordered LPs from the UK, sometimes shipping is around 8-9 GBP.
davedecay
Known user

Postby shalloboi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:51 am

I did a bundle too- both albums and a t-shirt. It made the obscene overseas shipping cost a little more worthwhile.

I'd imagine the two reissues will be available in the US as imports eventually, much like 'mbv' was, but I also remember that once 'mbv' was available in record stores here it was just as expensive as the preorder was with the shipping cost. My guess is that these reissues will cost about $35 a piece once they're available as imports (which will probably take quite a while). When you look at it that way the preorder's not such a bad deal, especially if you want both albums.
shalloboi
Known user

Postby davedecay » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:44 am

Since the original LP & CD was mastered to DAT, what does a new vinyl LP sourced from that accomplish? Perhaps a different mix specifically for vinyl?

I saw two copies of Loveless at the music shop today, $3 each. I suspect they'll sound a lot like these new LPs.

This is coming from a big fan of vinyl, and a fan of Loveless (I have the US promo edition CD).
davedecay
Known user

Postby olan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:17 am

davedecay wrote:Since the original LP & CD was mastered to DAT, what does a new vinyl LP sourced from that accomplish? Perhaps a different mix specifically for vinyl?

I saw two copies of Loveless at the music shop today, $3 each. I suspect they'll sound a lot like these new LPs.

This is coming from a big fan of vinyl, and a fan of Loveless (I have the US promo edition CD).

There are loads of bootleg copies of Loveless about that sell for buttons but sound really flat and lifelesss. The original UK Creation pressings were ok but are much, much more expensive. It will be interesting what this reissued vinyl sounds like.

Loveless is one of the few albums I own that I prefer to listen to on CD. This is not because the CD sounds better but largely because the music really benefits from not being interrupted by having to turn the record over.
olan
Known user

Postby niamhm » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:55 pm

[quote="davedecay"]Since the original LP & CD was mastered to DAT, what does a new vinyl LP sourced from that accomplish? Perhaps a different mix specifically for vinyl?

This is coming from a big fan of vinyl, and a fan of Loveless (I have the US promo edition CD).[/quote

The promotional material claims these issues are sourced from analogue tapes, hope they sound better than the mbv vinyl, more than acceptable surface noise on mine which is why its rarely played. Olan`s gripe about turning vinyl over is a fair point, but maybe mbv would have benefited from being pressed on two discs instead. The two best sounding albums I`ve gotten this yr have both been on two discs, JAMC and War On Drugs,
Quick check of Loveless an at almost 50 mins would a two disc version be better?
niamhm
Known user

Postby davedecay » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:50 am

Personally, I'm not a fan of one LPs worth of music on 4 sides.

I realize there's sonic advantage - but I don't love swapping discs that much.
davedecay
Known user

Return to Music (Dedicated to Fuzzhead)