Record Store Day 2021

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

angelsighs
Known user

Record Store Day 2021

Post by angelsighs »

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/news/posts ... -revealed/

the list has been revealed. is anyone that bothered?

like last year they are doing it in 'drops' rather than one big day.

first year without any Spacemen 3 releases for a while I think? does that mean they ran out of things to rerelease, or has the legal stuff that's been going on had some effect?
Bardo Pond vol 1 and 2 getting reissued too. the only thing that really makes my mouth water though is the 4LP box of Ocean Songs by Dirty Three.
Ian
Known user

Re: Record Store Day 2021

Post by Ian »

I can't see that there would be anything to stop another Space Age release of the same old things on coloured vinyl or different sleeves. Delighted that there isn't anything like that this time around.
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

BJM/telescopes split looks interesting.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Carlton Melton LP 'Night Pillers' and an ambient soundtrack 12" 'Doorway Amnesia' by The Aliens grabbing my attention.

Nice to see Add N To X 'On The Wires of Our Nerves' get a reissue i guess. As a fan i don't think it's as good as the three albums that followed it but it's decent. Plus, that cover deserves recognition once more!
Transcendental Cosmic Fuck-rock played by Superfit amphetamine Visionary Poet-druids
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

sunray wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:10 pm Carlton Melton LP 'Night Pillers' and an ambient soundtrack 12" 'Doorway Amnesia' by The Aliens grabbing my attention.

Nice to see Add N To X 'On The Wires of Our Nerves' get a reissue i guess. As a fan i don't think it's as good as the three albums that followed it but it's decent. Plus, that cover deserves recognition once more!
I'll be after the Carlton Melton LP and probably both of The Future Sound of London records. I didn't spot the Add N To X record. Might give that some thought.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

ah now you're all now spotting things I missed! :)

yeah the Carlton Melton looks good, some songs from the same session as the last album.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Yip, the Carlton Melton one for me as well, the Hawkwind - Greasy Truckers Party looks interesting along with the Sisters Of Mercy`s - BBC Sessions, I have this on a scratchy bootleg vinyl from yrs back and a decent upgrade would be worth checking out, but as both of these are double vinyl I can imagine that will be the fat end of 80 quid as RSD releases are so bloody pricey, will see at the time but Carlton Melton for sure, just hope its a better pressing than the last album, was in touch with Agitated Records about this and they said there was talk of replacement records but heard nothing since.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

niamhm wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:53 pm Yip, the Carlton Melton one for me as well, the Hawkwind - Greasy Truckers Party looks interesting along with the Sisters Of Mercy`s - BBC Sessions, I have this on a scratchy bootleg vinyl from yrs back and a decent upgrade would be worth checking out, but as both of these are double vinyl I can imagine that will be the fat end of 80 quid as RSD releases are so bloody pricey, will see at the time but Carlton Melton for sure, just hope its a better pressing than the last album, was in touch with Agitated Records about this and they said there was talk of replacement records but heard nothing since.
All the Sisters of Mercy BBC Radio Sessions that I'm aware of (2xPeel and 1xJensen) are on TIDAL under E.P.s for a while now. I presume they're also on Spotify etc etc.