What Are You Listening To Now?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

BROKENHEART
Known user

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Post by BROKENHEART »

"Do you " by Ghost Woman. Apparently a multi instrumentalist Evan Uschenko from Canada . 6 music have played his last couple of singles which I really liked . This latest song is just great . Old Psych sounding with a BJM ish guitar going on in there.
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

"Do you " by Ghost Woman. Apparently a multi instrumentalist Evan Uschenko from Canada . 6 music have played his last couple of singles which I really liked . This latest song is just great . Old Psych sounding with a BJM ish guitar going on in there.
I would post the YouTube video but I unsure how to load onto this site
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

New Age Doom & Lee 'Scratch' Perry - Lee 'Scratch' Perry's Guide To The Universe: I'd best describe it as Cosmic Jazz meets Dub. A few here would like this. It's only 35 minutes, so dig in: https://wearebusybodies.bandcamp.com/al ... e-universe

Endless Boogie - Admonitions: As opposed to the relatively short lp above, this album kicks off with a 22 minute opener and throws in another 22 minuter a few songs later :lol: This is EB on top form. I grinned, i had shivers down the spine and i even let out a 'YEAH!' at one point! More immediate than Vibe Killer. Top Dollar indeed :D 8) https://endlessboogie.bandcamp.com/albu ... 8ad87a6833

Dummy - Mandatory Enjoyment: Worshipping at the altar of Stereolab, Broadcast, Saloon etc :D : https://notdummy.bandcamp.com/album/man ... 9c8ce7bcf2

Gnod - La Mort Du Sens: In the same vein as 'Just Say No...', 5 songs spread a little over half an hour. Its got that grinding, repetitive Swans vibe to it. Not quite as heavy or filthy as the reviews would have you believe (are they ever? :roll: ) i definitely feel they could've pushed things a bit further. I'm sure it will be suitably punishing live though.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

sunray wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:14 pm New Age Doom & Lee 'Scratch' Perry - Lee 'Scratch' Perry's Guide To The Universe: I'd best describe it as Cosmic Jazz meets Dub. A few here would like this. It's only 35 minutes, so dig in: https://wearebusybodies.bandcamp.com/al ... e-universe
I’m definitely keen to listen to this…

Today it’s been pretty mellow as befits a Sunday. Dylan’s Nashville Skyline, Etta James At Last!, Nirvana Unplugged
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

sunray wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:14 pm New Age Doom & Lee 'Scratch' Perry - Lee 'Scratch' Perry's Guide To The Universe: I'd best describe it as Cosmic Jazz meets Dub. A few here would like this. It's only 35 minutes, so dig in: https://wearebusybodies.bandcamp.com/al ... e-universe
Woah!!! 🔥
O P 8
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

BzaInSpace wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:58 pm
Woah!!! 🔥
:lol: You were actually the first person i thought of when recommending this.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

some things I've been digging recently that some may enjoy:

Light Conductor- Sequence Two. Some pretty good and engaging electronic music on Constellation records. Featuring one of the members of the Besnard Lakes
https://lightconductor.bandcamp.com/

William Parker- Mayan Space Station. slight Spaceman connection here via Spring Heel Jack- electric trio improv with some really fierce playing

https://williamparker.bandcamp.com/albu ... ce-station

The Oscillation- Obscured.
a magazine review piqued my interest with this one "full-tilt groove-based freak-outs of Comets on Fure- style fury". I mean, there was no way I wasn't going to check that out was there! unfortunately that was way off to my ears. the album is a bit smoother than that suggests and even has a bit more of an electronic feel at times. However this track is definitely a highlight- is it me or is this super reminiscent of Gravity Grave by the Verve?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCZge0NC0Zw
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Interesting, if somewhat sanitized version of one of my favourite LPs of all time. I'm pretty sure the guitarist isn't Levine despite the fact that he has worked with Wobble recently.

I didn't realise The Black Dog were still active. Really excellent LP of ambient and abstract electronica.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

I have that Jah Wobble album on the 'to listen to' list. I read somewhere that it isn't Keith Levene on guitar.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

sunray wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:23 pm I have that Jah Wobble album on the 'to listen to' list.
Short review after further listening: I'm glad I didn't pay £44 for it. :D
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

olan wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:10 pm
sunray wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:23 pm I have that Jah Wobble album on the 'to listen to' list.
Short review after further listening: I'm glad I didn't pay £44 for it. :D
listened to the preview track of this (Poptones), and although it was quite a good retool of the song it wasn't really that dubby. I'll check out the rest regardless.
I think Wobble and Levene actually toured as 'Metal Box in Dub' a few years ago. I wonder what Levene is up to now.

I noticed that The Pop Group also released 'Y in Dub' recently and that sounded better
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

angelsighs wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:08 am The Oscillation- Obscured.
a magazine review piqued my interest with this one "full-tilt groove-based freak-outs of Comets on Fure- style fury". I mean, there was no way I wasn't going to check that out was there! unfortunately that was way off to my ears. the album is a bit smoother than that suggests and even has a bit more of an electronic feel at times.
You'd have to be very generous to equate this album with Comets On Fire. If i had to compare it to anyone it would be Loop and that's just on a couple of songs. The Oscillation are one of those bands that are consistently solid without ever reaching the heights. Like a lot of psych really i guess.
Had a listen to that Jah Wobble album today. It's decent enough but could have pushed the dub element more. On the plus side it made me realise that Poptones and Pink Lady Lemonade aren't too dissimilar!
Also chucked on Earthless' first two (Sonic Prayer and Rhythms From A Cosmic Sky) :D 8) I don't think they've ever really topped those tbh.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

sunray wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:43 pm
angelsighs wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:08 am The Oscillation- Obscured.
a magazine review piqued my interest with this one "full-tilt groove-based freak-outs of Comets on Fure- style fury". I mean, there was no way I wasn't going to check that out was there! unfortunately that was way off to my ears. the album is a bit smoother than that suggests and even has a bit more of an electronic feel at times.
You'd have to be very generous to equate this album with Comets On Fire. If i had to compare it to anyone it would be Loop and that's just on a couple of songs. The Oscillation are one of those bands that are consistently solid without ever reaching the heights. Like a lot of psych really i guess.
True, sometimes I wonder if music journalists are actually listening to the same album as me! but at least these days we can actually try before we buy.
Also agree on most modern psych music being serviceable- not awful, but not amazing either. Just have to find the gems.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

That's a hell of an album title, sleeve, and vinyl colour Olan!
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

angelsighs wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:27 pm That's a hell of an album title, sleeve, and vinyl colour Olan!
Details are here Jon https://warrington-runcorn-cis.bandcamp ... march-1979. Really well put together primitive electronica.
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

I like this a lot.
rapideye
Known user

Post by rapideye »

https://youtu.be/XqfIpKu3fmY

I like this. No, it's not U2.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

olan
Known user

Post by olan »

olan
Known user

Post by olan »

This had been hiding in the gatefold sleeve of a Can Lp so took some finding. Brilliant LP that I don't play enough:

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

olan wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:00 pm Image
It’s great isn’t it? Do wish I could had the triple vinyl edition for £13 though!
O P 8
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

New Elephant Stone single is pretty tasty, can't wait for the album to be released. Their last long player, Hollow, was a corker!

Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

stegraham wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:37 pm New Elephant Stone single is pretty tasty, can't wait for the album to be released. Their last long player, Hollow, was a corker!

Great band. Last album was superb (even better live!). Really looking forward to the new material!
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

RIP Khan Jamal
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

Don't think I've ever seen Elephant Stone live, but I have seen Rhisi play with Mien. Fantastic Sitar playing.
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

This is a great version of "Don't you know" - show's off Rishi's sitar playing. I always think of this track as the sitar version of i am the resurrection:

ro
Known user

Post by ro »

purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

stegraham wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:24 am This is a great version of "Don't you know" - show's off Rishi's sitar playing. I always think of this track as the sitar version of i am the resurrection:

Fortunate to have seen Elephant Stone play twice. Also saw Rishi play sitar with The Black Angels and also with The Brian Jonestown Massacre. Excellent stuff
I think I feel it coming on
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

Been enjoying the new Tess Parks song this PM, Happy Birthday Forever. New album out in April I think. Looking forward to it!!

https://tessparks.bandcamp.com/album/an ... en-dancing
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

RE Elephant Stone: never heard of these guys, but am checking them out now, starting with the first album. And I love it.Thank you good people here for turning me on to new music... again :D
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Couple of things i've been enjoying recently.

Rude Skott Osborn Trio. Jazzy grooves on El Paraiso records which i know some here know via Causi Sui, Mythic Sunship etc. I tend to find anything released on this label is at least worth checking out.
https://youtu.be/PCLuud5flro
Olan will also be happy to know there's oodles of flute playing involved 🙂

Barry Walker Jr- Shoulda Zenith. I've always liked pedal steel playing, this album is great, it's not so much ambient and gets a bit more dynamic and noisy
https://holymountainrecords.bandcamp.co ... lda-zenith
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

just realised I had tickets for the Chameleons in the brudenell on the 19th.... lovely stuff :D

Stumbled across this on youtube earlier - a nice little session from December which comes with a bonus clapalong if you like that kind of thing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7l3d7WTiKU
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Yard Act - The Overload. Yes I know it's been hyped to fuck and there are a silly number of versions but it is brilliant :D.
'Remember, change is not good'
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

BVCP206 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:45 pm Yard Act - The Overload. Yes I know it's been hyped to fuck and there are a silly number of versions but it is brilliant :D.
Great lyrics. Going to see them in March w/Sprints as support. Should be a good night.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

sunray wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:51 pm
BVCP206 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:45 pm Yard Act - The Overload. Yes I know it's been hyped to fuck and there are a silly number of versions but it is brilliant :D.
Great lyrics. Going to see them in March w/Sprints as support. Should be a good night.
It will I'm sure. Tall Poppies is an outstanding track :D
'Remember, change is not good'
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

The new Spiritualized album. :wink:
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Moon Duo - Mazes, still a brilliantly basic electro/garage album, more than 10 yrs old now, that`s mental. I think you could make a case for it being their best album tbh, not saying I think that but I could understand someone saying it,
Also Earthless - Night Parade Of One Hundred Demons, this is cracking, a great way to spend an hour, really looking forward to seeing them later this y, said with the confidence of a man who seems to have forgotten about gigs being rescheduled every other day, fingers crossed though they should be great in Stereo

Tell you what i`m not listening to, a dodgy f**kin` dl of the new Spiritualized album!! And I don`t want to either, more than happy to wait for it to come out officially
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Witches Broom - S/T

Stumbled on this last week and it right sorted me out. Pure 60s garage, with some cracking organ and fuzz. Whole album clocks in at just over 20mins, so tears through some great songs. The last track, Watching, has some serious fuzz action! :D For fans of The Sonics, The Seeds, Elevators, et al.

Have heard the new Spz album too. Even more excited for it arriving now.
Billy_Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy_Whizz »

The Ramones, The Cramps and The Raveonettes got together and had babies. They called them The Creeping Ivies and I love them.

https://thecreepingivies.bandcamp.com/t ... er-leather
REVOLUTION * PURITY * LOVE * SUICIDE * ACCURACY
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

I think I heard about the Voices many moons ago on this message board. I bought their first two albums, and managed to get a download of their 3rd. They then seemed to disappear. Whilst looking through my CDs for something to play yesterday I found "The Sound of Young America" - stuck it on and thought what a great record, I wonder if they did do anything else? Discogs told me they had and that they had released a new album this year in January! A quick look on Bandcamp told me that the all the physical copies of the new album had sold out (boo!). I did have a listen on BC and maybe not as good as the earlier stuff I thought there are a few decent tunes on the new release. Might have another listen today:

We just want to be ourselves - The Voices

https://thevoices1.bandcamp.com/album/w ... -ourselves
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

stegraham wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:48 am I think I heard about the Voices many moons ago on this message board. I bought their first two albums, and managed to get a download of their 3rd. They then seemed to disappear. Whilst looking through my CDs for something to play yesterday I found "The Sound of Young America" - stuck it on and thought what a great record, I wonder if they did do anything else? Discogs told me they had and that they had released a new album this year in January! A quick look on Bandcamp told me that the all the physical copies of the new album had sold out (boo!). I did have a listen on BC and maybe not as good as the earlier stuff I thought there are a few decent tunes on the new release. Might have another listen today:

We just want to be ourselves - The Voices

https://thevoices1.bandcamp.com/album/w ... -ourselves
@stegraham I may have spares of one or both of the vinyl versions of 'Sound of Young America' and 'Death of a Lover's Song'. I released both records on my label, Drone Rock Records after discovering they were only ever issued on CD. I think this forum brought them to my attention many, many years ago. PM me if you're interested. Need to double check though before getting your hopes up.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Lots of Neil Halstead. Superb singer/songwriter on his own, nevermind with Slowdive. His solo albums are just brilliant.

olan
Known user

Post by olan »

The usual superb standards are maintained. Wonderful LP on first listen.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Silverbacks- Archive Material: Irish post-punkers second album. Definite Parquet Courts theme with nods to Television and the Bunnymen. https://silverbacks.bandcamp.com/album/archive-material

Bummer- Dead Horse: Somewhere at the apex of Hardcore/Grunge/Metal. Sludgy riffs and shouty vocals. Thirty years ago they'd have been on the AmRep label: https://bummerkc.bandcamp.com/album/dea ... a887ec8637

The Jesus & Mary Chain- Live At Barrowland: Bought it years ago only listening to it now. An excellent representation of the Psychocandy anniversary gigs. I found it hilarious that Jim still managed to get the lyrics mixed up in some of the songs. https://thejesusandmarychain.bandcamp.c ... e099f104ae

Camera- Prosthuman: Usual kraut-type affair with added synths. Not bad but i'm not sure i was really in the humour for it.

Earthless- Night Parade of One Hundred Demons: 3 songs in 1 hour. Actually, you could say 2 songs as the first one is split into two parts. The final tune is my favourite as it's most like the Sonic Prayer and Rhythms From A Cosmic Sky lp's. Recommended if you're an Earthless fan though.
Billy_Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy_Whizz »

'Tablets' by The Tablets from her debut album The Tablets released a few years ago.

I love these kind of pristine melodies, and the Suicide organ and crazy drum machine is great, as is the way she lays another great girl group melody on top of it towards the end.

https://thetablets.bandcamp.com/track/tablets

"without wooooooords..."

EDIT: I reviewed this album years ago actually, a couple of other picks here if 'Tablets' floats your boat: https://thesoundofconfusionblog.blogspo ... blets.html
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

Shinesalight wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:01 pm @stegraham I may have spares of one or both of the vinyl versions of 'Sound of Young America' and 'Death of a Lover's Song'. I released both records on my label, Drone Rock Records after discovering they were only ever issued on CD. I think this forum brought them to my attention many, many years ago. PM me if you're interested. Need to double check though before getting your hopes up.
Thanks for the offer Shinealight - I'm OK with the versions I've got, but thumbs up for the offer!
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Listening to The Waterboys right now. Fuck me, The Whole of the Moon is such a perfect song. I only recently started appreciating The Waterboys properly, and the first time I properly listened to TWOTM (i.e. the first time I'd played it deliberately myself rather than hearing it on the radio constantly as a child) I was astonished, especially when the first horn refrain bursts in. "I know that trumpet sound and I think I know exactly who that trumpet player is," I thought and went straight to Wikipedia. Yep, Roddy Lorimer, who played (either individually or as part of The Kick Horns) on so many Spiritualized records, was originally a member of The Waterboys, and the horns in TWOTM instantly brought Feel So Sad (Rhapsodies) to mind. Small musical world :)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

mc wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:53 pm Listening to The Waterboys right now. Fuck me, The Whole of the Moon is such a perfect song. I only recently started appreciating The Waterboys properly, and the first time I properly listened to TWOTM (i.e. the first time I'd played it deliberately myself rather than hearing it on the radio constantly as a child) I was astonished, especially when the first horn refrain bursts in. "I know that trumpet sound and I think I know exactly who that trumpet player is," I thought and went straight to Wikipedia. Yep, Roddy Lorimer, who played (either individually or as part of The Kick Horns) on so many Spiritualized records, was originally a member of The Waterboys, and the horns in TWOTM instantly brought Feel So Sad (Rhapsodies) to mind. Small musical world :)
There's a drone towards the end of it, not sure if it's violin or sax, but it always reminds me of the drone that kicks in towards the end of Big City (which i've always assumed was a sample of Ecstasy Symphony, but i could be wrong).
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

After my team, Celtic, scrape a 3-2 win at home on the back of a mid week humiliation at to the champions of Norway - apparently play on a plastic pitch inside the arctic circle - my nerves are on edge so i`m unwinding with some cider and Earthless and their new album, Night Parade Of One Hundred Demons, Sunray mentioned the other day but I feel he undersold it a bit, I`m going to say it takes you away from sporting frustrations , really looking forward to seeing them again in May
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Meatbodies- 333: Have found myself giving this quite a few listens. You get Fuzz-ed out riffs, a Who 'Magic Bus'-style acoustic workout, droning keyboard-led repetiton, what sounds like an MBV demo and a BJM jam. All done in under 30 minutes! 8) https://meatbodies-band.bandcamp.com/
Terry Gross- Soft Opening: Still going strong a year on. Oodles of repetition, some heavy riffs, varying tempos and all round great head-nodding material https://terrygrossband.bandcamp.com/?fr ... 43c1029288
Low- Hey What: It's bloody loud isn't it? Hadn't listened in a while and was struck by the volume. I've no idea how they'll perform it live but i look forward to finding out. https://lowtheband.bandcamp.com/album/hey-what
Cocaine Piss- Passionate and Tragic: Sometimes all you need is a blast of Punk to clear out the ears. No idea what the singer is on about for the most part but her voice suits the music in the same way as yer one from Melt Banana does. https://cocainepiss.bandcamp.com/album/ ... and-tragic
Cate Le Bon- Pompeii: First and last songs were enjoyable but everything inbetween sounded like the kind of mature, tasteful, adult oriented pop you'd expect to hear on a Stevie Nicks/Kate Bush/Peter Gabriel/David Bowie album in the 80s. To my ears anyway. https://catelebon.bandcamp.com/album/po ... nubar=true
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

A2 are the bassist and guitarist from Papir. Very stripped back post-rock tinged jams. Probably will appeal to @Runcible who I know likes Papir. Available as pay what you want from here https://a2impro.bandcamp.com/album/20180908
stegraham
Known user

Post by stegraham »

New band for me - Lazy Eyes from Australia. We heard the track "Fuzz Jam" on 6 Muisc, and checked them out on youtube. I think this song is great - Where's my brain?? They have their debut album out in April - 40 Australian dollars plus P&P, looks like I'll be downloading the album!

good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

Grateful Dead - Dick's Picks vol. 28
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

Had a bit of a splurge last week at a great shop in Bury called Wax And Beans Highly recommended - REALLY nice owner and great café in the shop too.

Dope Lemon - Smooth Big Cat [Zoetrope LP]
Primal Scream - Screamadelica [Picture Disc LP]
Khruangbin/Leon Bridges - Texas Moon [Blue vinyl EP]
Sea Power - Everything Was Forever [Blue vinyl LP]
Cornershop - England Is A Garden [Double silver vinyl LP]
War On Drugs - I Don't Live.... [Blue vinyl LP]
Echo & The Bunnymen - Siberia [Double clear vinyl LP]
Ride - Weather Diaries [Double LP]
Bob Marley - Trenchtown Rockers [Red/Green/Gold vinyl LP]
Andy Bell - Flicker {Clear vinyl Double LP]
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

Sorry if this is a daft question but what is what looks like a weight in the centre of Olan's deck while the record's playing?
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

Been really enjoying the new Mdou Moctar album yesterday, and this morning it's been Ballad of The Broken Seas and Gargoyle this morning by the sadly departed Mark Lanegan. On Weather Diaries by Ride as I type...
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Dreamweapon wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:46 pm Sorry if this is a daft question but what is what looks like a weight in the centre of Olan's deck while the record's playing?
It is a record weight/clamp. It screws down on the spindle to make sure that the record is firmly attached to the platter and flattens warps. All SME turntables now use a similar approach. You can't buy the weight separately to the best of my knowledge and would need an appropriately sized thread on spindle of your record player for it to work.
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

Cheers Olan

Going to be getting some new equipment next month, so will bear that in mind....
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

olan wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:32 pm A2 are the bassist and guitarist from Papir. Very stripped back post-rock tinged jams. Probably will appeal to @Runcible who I know likes Papir. Available as pay what you want from here https://a2impro.bandcamp.com/album/20180908
I played this last night and rather enjoyed it. It is indeed minimal but was an excellent listen while I cooked supper. I find I'm playing more music while in the kitchen than anywhere else these days!

I also enjoyed that Lazy Eyes tune stegraham posted - ta for that!

In terms of my own playlist I've been a hefty 70s country rock binge so solo stuff from Dickey Betts, Chris Hillman, Roger McGuinn has featured a lot. Plus the inevitable sprinkle of Allman Brothers, Grateful Dead etc. I also discovered Redwing from Sacramento - their debut album is great.

Apologies for general silence lately. A lot going on personally, plus I'm a big newshound and this has been a year packed with news, currently all bad of course, so I've been glued to that for months.
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

[/quote]

Apologies for general silence lately. A lot going on personally, plus I'm a big newshound and this has been a year packed with news, currently all bad of course, so I've been glued to that for months.
[/quote]

Indeed a whole lot of horrible stuff going on, but also hope you're OK too
Billy_Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy_Whizz »

I was surprised to find that I hadn't posted about this track on here in any of my previous incarnations...

Drunken ramble (I'll get to bed soon)

I got sent this song via Twitter in 2015 by the dad of one of the guitarists. At this point in time I was getting send hundreds of tracks every week. So I played it and liked it and made a note. A couple of months later I got a promo sent from their record company. Again listened and liked. It was maybe a couple of weeks later that I listened properly and realised that both submissions were the same song! I had a backlog of stuff to review. But when I got to this I listened to it several times while trying to write about it. Very quickly I realised that it was incredibly powerful. When that slow-burning chorus kicks in it becomes a quaking behemoth of a song. It shakes the walls. And that glistening guitar solo is like shards of glass falling on you in slow motion... and other such slightly pretentious statements...

Have a listen anyway... took me a few goes but is now an all time favourite... for fans of dreampop/shoegaze type things... and for fans of beauty :wink:

Dreamweapon - think this might be up your street.

https://soundcloud.com/living-hour/seagull-2

"WE ARE ALL TIED TO THE SEA... MOONROCKS WASHED UP ON THE SHORE..."
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

Endless Boogie- Admonitions
Jerry Lee Lewis - The killer rocks on
Anger Rising - soundtrack for 2 Kenneth Anger movies
El Michels Affair - Adult themes
Tsugaru Jongara Bushi and Tsugaru Jamisen
Thee headcoats - live at the dirty water club
Rolling Stones - Exile on Main street
Bobby Charles - s/t
Aparat Organ Quartet - Polyfonia

And the new video for the Mainline song, it's fantastic!
"Thank you"
Billy_Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy_Whizz »

herman wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:58 am
And the new video for the Mainline song, it's fantastic!
The what??? Where?
Billy_Whizz
Known user

Post by Billy_Whizz »

Found it :) It wasn't listed yet. Love it!