Moon Duo ,Mazes ,

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

niamhm
Known user

Moon Duo ,Mazes ,

Post by niamhm »

Moon Duo to release their debut ,Mazes, in April ,bit strange that wasn`t Escape their debut album last year ?anyway track available to download

http://thequietus.com/articles/05664-ne ... es-details
TheWarmth
Known user

Re: Moon Duo ,Mazes ,

Post by TheWarmth »

Pitchfork has a blurb about it, too: http://pitchfork.com/news/41508-new-rel ... o-imazesi/

Artist: Moon Duo
Album: Mazes
Release Date: March 29
Label: Sacred Bones

Tracklist:

01 Seer
02 Mazes
03 Scars
04 Fallout
05 When You Cut
06 Run Around
07 In the Sun
08 Goners

Notes: New album from this psych-infused rock duo, which includes Wooden Shjips guitarist Erik "Ripley" Johnson. Limited edition will contain a bonus CD including remixes of album tracks by Spacemen 3's Sonic Boom, Psychic Ills, Purling Hiss, and more.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

great news! I've almost worn both eps out
I think I feel it coming on
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

The new song is fantastic. I'm loving the more Velvets-sounding melodies.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

toomilk wrote:The new song is fantastic. I'm loving the more Velvets-sounding melodies.
Yup, it sounds great ,kinda poppy if such a term could be applied to Moon Duo,number 1 in some far off parrallel universe.
evenfreer
Known user

Post by evenfreer »

Sounds good to me! Looking forward to seeing them 11 April. Already got my tickets.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

The Quietus article says this will be their debut album, but I thought Escape was considered their first full-length. I like the vibe of the teaser track. Nice to hear them trying something a bit different.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Escape is an EP, according to the band. Discogs lists it as an LP, but clocking in at 28 minutes with 4 songs it doesn't seem like an LP to me.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

toomilk wrote:Escape is an EP, according to the band. Discogs lists it as an LP, but clocking in at 28 minutes with 4 songs it doesn't seem like an LP to me.
It sold for album-like prices. :evil:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

I picked up Escape and Killing Time on vinyl and cd from Senae and Ripley at the Detroit show for $10 each, I thought that was a bargain . . . grabbed the holiday single as well over the holidaze 8)
I think I feel it coming on
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

toomilk wrote:Escape is an EP, according to the band. Discogs lists it as an LP, but clocking in at 28 minutes with 4 songs it doesn't seem like an LP to me.
This style of music doesn't warrant lengthy releases, in my opinion. When Escape came out I was pleased that it was only a half hour long. I can actually listen it the whole way through, which is certainly something I've never achieved with a Wooden Shjips record. Even when I saw Wooden Shjips live, I felt like I'd had enough after about 30 minutes. I guess we'll see how long Mazes is soon enough.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

TheWarmth wrote:
This style of music doesn't warrant lengthy releases, in my opinion. When Escape came out I was pleased that it was only a half hour long. I can actually listen it the whole way through, which is certainly something I've never achieved with a Wooden Shjips record. Even when I saw Wooden Shjips live, I felt like I'd had enough after about 30 minutes. I guess we'll see how long Mazes is soon enough.
don`t mean to be picky but the last Wooden Shjips album is only 1 song and 5 min, longer clocking in at a comparitively short 35min. or so. :?
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Is it, really? My mistake, then. I have the first one coupled with the bonus disc and that's an hour long. I should probably separate them. I never managed to get into Dos at all. I've come to the conclusion that Moon Duo are more my thing although the differences between the two are subtle.
JakeCardigan
Known user

Post by JakeCardigan »

Couple of Moon Duo things (via Twitter actually - can be useful for some great music updates and news!)

Mix from Riply - http://www.gimmebadvibes.com/index.php? ... shjips_dos

Preorder the Mazes album and there is a free remix CD
"Pre-order now and you will get a limited 8 song remix cd featuring remixes by: Sonic Boom, Psychic Ills, Gary War, Purling Hiss, Cave, and more."
http://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/

:mrgreen:
[url]http://adventuresinthesoundscape.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.mixcloud.com/adventuresinthesoundscape/[/url]
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

I just pre-ordered the ltd. LP edition at 150 copies with bonus CD. The description of the whole limited vinyl packaging sounds really nice. After ordering I checked on Insound.com and they have the pre-order of the vinyl or cd with bonus cd and instant download. It sounds like it's the standard vinyl version. I wish my purchase from Sacred Bones had an instant download. You'd think if you buy from the source you'd get the same thing. Anyway...just a heads up to all.
Alex English
Known user

Post by Alex English »

I had no idea they moved to Colorado. Perhaps that is why we are getting a Denver show next month.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

The new album only gets a 6/10 in LOUD & QUIET magazine (a free publication in the UK). Quite surprised really as they're big fans of Wooden Shjips and Moon Duo. No sex or danger like the ESCAPE album. Prob their most normal rock n roll release to date but not the step up that was hoped for after Escape.

Hmmmm.

Their live show last December was excellent so will keep an open mind but it is a tad worrying considering the love this magazine usually has for all things Ripley.

http://www.loudandquiet.com/ but the album review isn't on it yet.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

johnnyboy wrote:The new album only gets a 6/10 in LOUD & QUIET magazine (a free publication in the UK). Quite surprised really as they're big fans of Wooden Shjips and Moon Duo. No sex or danger like the ESCAPE album. Prob their most normal rock n roll release to date but not the step up that was hoped for after Escape.

Hmmmm.

Their live show last December was excellent so will keep an open mind but it is a tad worrying considering the love this magazine usually has for all things Ripley.

http://www.loudandquiet.com/ but the album review isn't on it yet.
wouldn`t bother my ass about review till I hear it myself,pre-ordered from Piccadily Records 4th April release.
sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

Yeah listen with your own ears my friend. I personally like it more than previous Moon Duo stuff leans more towards the Shjips but that is not an endorsement just my own view. Build em up knock em down and all that
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Oh yeah, I'll still get it, no worries on that front. I'm a sucker for all things Shjips and Moon Duo. My point I guess was this mag, only in it's previous edition, had Mazes as part of it's ten albums to look forward to in 2011 so it was a surprise seeing it only get a 6/10.

My ears are wide open.....
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I'd say that it's refreshing that they gave it a 6/10 even after having it on their most anticipated of 2011 list. That's a sign that they don't make up their minds about records before they hear them, which, unfortunately, seems like a fairly standard practice these days.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

listening to this right now..

sounding like a 10/10!!

it's 44mins btw..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

jack white wrote:listening to this right now..

sounding like a 10/10!!

it's 44mins btw..
Nice one. Has it leaked then or do you have a promo?
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

gonna burn brightly
for a while
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Have pre-ordered this on vinyl with the extra CD of remixes. I'm not going to listen to leaks.....(must be strong)...looking forwaard to playing this on my turntable....(must be strong)....what about the Sonic remixes....(must be strong)

Please don't post a link to the f*ckin' leak. The Moon Duo releases over the last year and a half are superb...can't wait for the LP....(must be strong)..
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

figured most/all of us have already pre-ordered it so there shouldn't be much harm in listening to the leak.. but yea normally i would link..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Got a 7.5/10 from the Pitchfork.

I'm excited about this album. Can't wait to hear it. They also play in San Diego in about 2 weeks. Double truth.
Kurious Oranj
Known user

Post by Kurious Oranj »

how do they compare to wooden shjips? cause i really dont care for them at all
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

Moon Duo were without a doubt the highlight for this fella over the past year odd so when pitchfork say " where their output is about getting lost in the fog, the band helpfully lays a trail of breadcrumbs", Im there hoovering up those breadcrumbs.

looking forward to the double cd arriving or will temptation prevail re the leaked one over the coming weekend.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nQ-gUcp2O4c/S ... Christ.jpg
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Just read the short but sweet Pitchfork review and these words make me very excited........

and Johnson, displaying some of his best guitar work to date, dropping monstrous, zoned-out sounds over her backdrops

"When You Cut", a deranged sock-hop that rains a torrential boogie on Mazes with such force that it threatens to wash everything else out.

Sock-hop! If that's what they were doing when I saw them at the Garage last December then I'll be sock-hopping with a huge grin on my face. They had a wicked groove locked down at that gig, very muscular sounding for a bare bones duo.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

For the record, the Pitchfork review refers to Escape as their debut album, so I'm not the only one who was/is under the impression that that was an LP and not just an EP.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Escape was originally 'sold' as an LP, but now people are referring to it as an EP.

What's with Amazon.co.uk and the prices on this album??!! http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=s ... 1301066091
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

According to their site UK shows mid May ,Glasgow the 14th ,Captains Rest will do me ,a very helpful Saturday night ,something to look forward to.
http://moonduo.org/fr_about.cfm
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

It's a miracle! Ripley Johnson releases a record where the drums don't sound like shit :D Mazes has a cleaner, fuller production than previous releases and is all the better for it imo. Apart from that it's business as usual, if you like Ripley's other work you'll like this, but you probably knew that already given that he doesn't stray too far from the template.

Oh yeah, and 8 songs over 44 minutes. Now THAT'S an album.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

sunray wrote:It's a miracle! Ripley Johnson releases a record where the drums don't sound like shit :D Mazes has a cleaner, fuller production than previous releases and is all the better for it imo. Apart from that it's business as usual, if you like Ripley's other work you'll like this, but you probably knew that already given that he doesn't stray too far from the template.

Oh yeah, and 8 songs over 44 minutes. Now THAT'S an album.
I'm really enjoying it.

B,

M
Design.
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

sounds not bad so far, unlike that crap like the heads :lol:
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I pre-ordered it last week. Hopefully it comes soon. Can't waitttttttt. You guys aren't helping with my patience.
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

Still waiting on mine too. I thought pre-order meant you got it on or (usually) a few days before the release date? :roll: C'mon!
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Just got this email:
Hello,

I am sorry to inform you that the moon duo bonus disc was already sold out when you placed your order. Please let me know if you would like me to still send your order out.

Thank you
-caleb-
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

Album + bonus disc still available here by the looks of things

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/produc ... 74568.html
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Hedspace wrote:Album + bonus disc still available here by the looks of things

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/produc ... 74568.html
Yep, I pre-ordered from here.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

I had to go to Paypal to find out where I'd bought this from. Turns out it was sacredbonerecords.com. No sign of the vinyl with free CD there any longer though.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I scored the last bonus disc at Reckless on my lunch break. I'm excited to hear the remix that CAVE did. Anyone have thoughts on the bonus disc so far?
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Still want to hear that bonus disc. I had them send me the Slug Guts LP instead. Then I walked over to the record store a block away from me, bought it, opened up a beer, and put it on. It's good. I'm spoiled.
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

The limited vinyl finally showed up on my doorstep today. Very nice with all the trimmings, 146/150.
veneta1
New user

Post by veneta1 »

Okay, I'm really confused about the bonus disc that comes with the Mazes album.

Mine is on its way and appears to include the bonus CD with 4 remixes on it. However, in the US and exclusively through Rough Trade in the UK, there appears to be a 7 track bonus CD with the album.

So are there two different bonus discs being issued with this album? If there are, and I'd have known this, I would have ordered mine from Rough Trade.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

My bonus disc has 7 tracks on it. So far, I think the overall sound of this album is far better than anything they've released before. I haven't had time to really digest it yet, but I did listen to the remix cd in my car about four times. It struck me as a bit odd that some of the tracks are significantly quieter than others (the Sonic Boom tracks in particular seemed quiet, compared to the ones by CAVE and Gary War), as if whoever mastered it couldn't be bothered to get the levels to match from song to song.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Well, Sacred Bones is not the most professional of labels. I doubt they even considered mastering the bonus disc.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

It got record of the week in my local record store and here's what they had to say:-

"Album of the Week
Moon Duo : Mazes
(Upfront release with exclusive bonus disc) The hotly anticipated debut album from Moon Duo (Wooden Shjips guitarist Ripley Johnson & his partner Sonae Yamada) has landed! Fusing the futuristic pylon hum & transistor reverb of Suicide or Silver Apples with the heat-haze fuzz of American rock ‘n’ roll, they create tracks of blistering, 12-cylinder space rock. It’s a fuzzy, lysergic-drenched beast led by Johnson’s monstrous, zoned-out guitar, like a shining beacon amidst the haze. Whilst these songs twist & turn, in & out of focus, they’re still remarkably coherent & stand easily next to the finest work of Loop & Spaceman 3."

Rang them yesterday to put a copy aside in case all the bonus CD's go. Really looking forward to hearing this and very tempted to trek up to London on a Tuesday night in May to see them.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

I'm a bit bummed by the bonus disc too. Ordered mine from Picadilly Records and it's a 4 track bonus disc whereas Rough Trade is a 7 track. Very annoying.......

......but cheered up by the fact that Wooden Shjips set sail for more UK dates this coming September. Psych-bop ahoy!

http://www.allgigs.co.uk/search/tourdat ... ips-1.html

Saw Moon Duo at Corsica Studios last summer. Playing the same venue again this time around too. To go or not to go......
veneta1
New user

Post by veneta1 »

Will definitely be going to see Wooden Shjips at the Brudenell in Leeds in September and I'm really looking forward to Moon Duo in Manchester in May.

On the subject of the Mazes bonus disc, whose crazy idea was it at the record label to produce two different bonus discs for this release? Record companies, eh!

Wish I'd known that the 7 track disc was only available from Rough Trade as I would have ordered it from them. Too late now though!
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Yup - got my Leeds tickets today for Wooden Shjips. Their gig there last year was one of the year's highlights. 2011 has been rubbish for gigs so far...
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Loop....fuck off

Post by BzaInSpace »

Ads wrote:
Ads local record emporium wrote: Whilst these songs twist & turn, in & out of focus, they’re still remarkably coherent & stand easily next to the finest work of Loop & Spaceman 3."
Man, I really wish Loop would stop being mentioned in the same breath as Spacemen 3... and notably usually first! There's no comparison to me. From what PK said in the book that guy Josh (or whatever name he called himself that week) pretty much ripped off the Spacemen 3 template - albeit in a limited and lesser fashion - and then seemed to enjoy way more critical acclaim for his watered down efforts.

Same old same old I guess. The originators usually get burned.

The Shjips - no Glasgow date? Missed 'em last time...
O P 8
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

toomilk wrote:Well, Sacred Bones is not the most professional of labels. I doubt they even considered mastering the bonus disc.
I'm pretty well convinced that the bonus disc wasn't mastered at all, which is a shame. A lot of work goes into those remixes and mastering would have made a huge difference. I think Sonic's tracks would have really come to life had they done so. If anyone in the UK who only got the 4-track bonus disc is interested in the other 3 songs, let me know and I'll help you out. I just need to know which ones came on the 4-track version so I know which ones to send.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

TheWarmth wrote:
toomilk wrote:Well, Sacred Bones is not the most professional of labels. I doubt they even considered mastering the bonus disc.
I'm pretty well convinced that the bonus disc wasn't mastered at all, which is a shame. A lot of work goes into those remixes and mastering would have made a huge difference. I think Sonic's tracks would have really come to life had they done so. If anyone in the UK who only got the 4-track bonus disc is interested in the other 3 songs, let me know and I'll help you out. I just need to know which ones came on the 4-track version so I know which ones to send.
The 4 track version:

Scars (Sonic Boom Remix)
Seer (Psychic Ills Remix)
Run Around (Cave Remix Organ Desert Mix)
In The Sun (Purling Hiss Remix)

If you can supply the extra 3 then all hail you sir!

I'd send my mine back for a refund to buy elsewhere but Piccadilly Records only do that if there's a fault I think, plus they don't refund postage so I'd be out of pocket anyway. Shame.
veneta1
New user

Post by veneta1 »

Can't agree that this year has been bad for gigs.

So far I've seen Wolf People, Mogwai, Arbouretum and Earth, and in the next couple of months there's Crippled Black Phoenix, Barn Owl, And So I Watch You From Afar, Radio Massacre International, Moon Duo, Mountains and Mono.

I reckon that's a pretty good tally.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Johnnyboy: No problem. I'll get that done tonight when I get home.
niamhm
Known user

Re: Loop....fuck off

Post by niamhm »

BzaInSpace wrote:
Ads wrote:
Ads local record emporium wrote: Whilst these songs twist & turn, in & out of focus, they’re still remarkably coherent & stand easily next to the finest work of Loop & Spaceman 3."
Man, I really wish Loop would stop being mentioned in the same breath as Spacemen 3... and notably usually first! There's no comparison to me. From what PK said in the book that guy Josh (or whatever name he called himself that week) pretty much ripped off the Spacemen 3 template - albeit in a limited and lesser fashion - and then seemed to enjoy way more critical acclaim for his watered down efforts.

Same old same old I guess. The originators usually get burned.

The Shjips - no Glasgow date? Missed 'em last time...
New Flash!!!...Moderator caught in "spouting ill informed bullshit shock!!"

as far as Spacemen 3 and Loop is concerned ,the comparison is like comparing a warthog and a giraffe ,both animals but thats it ,they sound nothing like each other ,one comes from a rock`n`roll ,blues and gospel background and the other doesn`t,they share a late 60`s psychedlic background at the start ,but thats it ,ripping of a Spacemen template ? I think thats bullshit ,Sonic ,Peter Gunn or Pete Kember`s (or what ever he was calling himself that week ) gripe was probably down to the fact that someone he had been patronising/helping had the audacity to become more successful than him for a few months and get a Melody Maker cover (the f8cking little upstart!) and he didn`t like it ,having just made Perfect Presrcition ,possibly the high water mark of his career to date an seen it basically ignored I can understand his frustration,as for what he did or didn`t say in the book ,he also accused Jason of trying to steal credit for his work and lots of other crap so in some ways the book is hardly worth the paper its printed on as far as the pursuit of truth goes.....

anyway now thats of my chest ,Loop were rarely a watered version of anything and the remastered albums were all out last year or so and their all ace ,so instead of wasting your money on buying Screamadelica for the foomftieth time ,try Gilded Eternity for concentrated psychedelic menace and power,if it does nothing for you i`ll be flabbergasted,but let it go ,xecpt to say if the Wooden Shjips do manage a Glasgow gig later this year ...give it a miss coz the ghost of Loop`s will be well in the building.

didn`t mean to derail the thread but BZA`s out burst seemed to rip my tights ,as a nod to the thread I intercepted the postie today and Mazes sounds great probably be my fav.cd for the next month or so.
spzretent
Site Admin

Re: Loop....fuck off

Post by spzretent »

niamhm wrote:
,try Gilded Eternity for concentrated psychedelic menace and power
o.
Gilded Eternity? Really. That would be the one I would pick up last. Heavens End, World in Your Eyes(I do know its a comp) or Fade Out. Even that semi legit bootleg Uber Prisma Europa. I never got into Gilded Eternity.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Mazes. Love it. 1st play of it this morning on my commute to work. Really loving it. How groovy is When You Cut! The last track has a really cool solo too. In fact it's all cool. Suits this blaze of morning spring sunshine just nicely. If only I could laze in a park somewhere with it instead of being stuck at a desk in an office...........

(let's not derail a good Moon Duo thread with Loop vs Sp3 (vs Screamadelica reissues) fisticuffs.........but for the record, I love Gilded Eternity :wink: )

Back to Mazes........nice artwork too. Some girl at work asked what it was when I opened up the package yesterday. What do they sound like? I didn't give an answer. How can you describe Moon Duo to a girl who's sitting there reading a Heat (or similar) magazine?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Christ. I ordered mine from Rough Trade at noon yesterday. It came this morning. That's pretty damn efficient!
spunder
Known user

Post by spunder »

johnnyboy wrote:How can you describe Moon Duo to a girl who's sitting there reading a Heat (or similar) magazine?
tell her its just a horrible noise.....
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

johnnyboy wrote:I'm a bit bummed by the bonus disc too. Ordered mine from Picadilly Records and it's a 4 track bonus disc whereas Rough Trade is a 7 track. Very annoying.......
Aw man, that's such bullshit. :( :evil: I too ordered mine from Picadilly and assumed someone had fucked up on the layout of the page when i saw only 4 songs listed for the bonus disc. Haven't received it yet so can't comment on the bonus material but would also like to hear the 3 extra tunes if anyone wants to share. :D

I really must pick up a ticket for their Dublin show, enjoyed them last year.

Oh yeah, A Gilded Eternity is by far the weakest of the Loop albums.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Fuck'd & Bomb'd

Post by BzaInSpace »

Without derailing the thread further etc....

Niamh. If you read my post again you'll find I said exactly what you seem to concur with - that comparing Spacemen 3 and Loop is absolutely redundant. Ultimately my point is that those bands are always listed together and it's just lazy.
And yeah - I'll go with PK's thoughts on the matter over yours - he was there after all.

And you call me misinformed - hilarious! And amusing to see you get your tights twisted or whatever over Loop. Classic.

A Gilded Eternity? Nah mate. I bought it 2nd hand on tape years ago and never got around to upgrading it to CD basically as it's pish. Did nothing for me then and I suspect that won't have changed. There's more "psychedelic menace and power" in my sock drawer, and it sounds fuck all like Wooden Shjips so I think I will go and see them if I get a chance, thanks all the same.

...this Moon Duo record sounds good though. :wink:
O P 8
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Ultimately my point is that those bands are always listed together and it's just lazy.
No... they come from the same late 80`s psychedelic/noise scene along with MBV and to list them together is understandable ,your point is rubbish,why you would argue otherwise I`m f8cked if I know,
nd yeah - I'll go with PK's thoughts on the matter over yours - he was there after all.
the man was in a drug fug ,take his recollections as gospel if you like ,his body might have been their but ....
And amusing to see you get your tights twisted or whatever over Loop. Classic
that`s a bit of humour,calm down
A Gilded Eternity? Nah mate. I bought it 2nd hand on tape years ago and never got around to upgrading it to CD basically as it's pish.
whether you think its "pish" or not is neither here nor their ,and plenty would disagree ,the reason I mentioned it is because its so far from Spacemen 3 as to level you and Sonics accusation of plagarism as complete shite!! ,by the way ,that sock drawer must be a scary bloody place ...."pish " thats f8ckin` perceptive man
and it sounds fuck all like Wooden Shjips so I think I will go and see them if I get a chance, thanks all the same.
I never said Gilded Eternity sounded like Wooden Shjips ,Wooden Shjips have more than hint off Loop though,if you think different ,go see the quack and get the wax out your ears,
either way I`m going to see Moon Duo at The Captains Rest ,if your their I`ll buy you a pint, look forward to putting a face to the name.