Eno - Small Craft On A Milk Sea

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

TheWarmth
Known user

Eno - Small Craft On A Milk Sea

Post by TheWarmth »

Does anyone else have this???? I'm over the moon. So good. I'm not into Eno's rock albums, but I love the stuff he did with Fripp (No Pussyfooting, Evening Star) and this fits right in somehow. Amazing.
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: Eno - Small Craft On A Milk Sea

Post by semisynthetic »

Yes, I have the Eno CD; but I have not had the chance to listen to it.

Eno has never disappointed me however, and I am anxious to have the time

(uninterrupted) to listen to it! I would like to compare responses after I have a chance to give the disc

a good listen.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I thought half of it was amazin' and the other half a bit aimless... It's a good listen though. Loved that last album with Byrne too.
scratch
Known user

Post by scratch »

I like "instant nuclear family (extended version)" more than most of the album:

http://tv.wired.it/entertainment/esclus ... zione.html

the piano bits on the album disappointed me.. like a pale version of what his brother Roger has done when at his best.
"the greatest example of self-violation in the history of art"
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

After finally having a chance to listen to this new Eno, I was very pleased and ordered the LP/ 2 CD Boxed set.

I have never been disappointed by Eno, and although my tastes run the extreme, I think that I am a tough audience. Of course, I could be just easily entertained; it is true that I am NEVER bored.

Peaceful, thoughtful, aware, surrounding sounds that could put a person to sleep unless they're enjoying what they hear. Of course, it may make some people, tied to a chair, want to pull their hair out. For all those Eno fans I have a "must find" for you - "IN A LAND of CLEAR COLORS" Wow.

I hadn't listed to it years, but following "another Day on Earth" and "Small Craft....", IALoCC brought back wonderful memories. Music can be great at that, don't you think?
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus