Walking With Jesus

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

ononist
Known user

Walking With Jesus

Post by ononist »

How many versions have other fans got? My itunes says I've got 89 and coming up for 8 hours in total. I thought of what might be next up for most tracks. I know that Electric Mainline was only ever a Spiritualized tune but I only have 62 versions of that. :-)
jadams501
Known user

Re: Walking With Jesus

Post by jadams501 »

I have 18 versions on my ipod, and probably another 10 or so on my hard drive.

I made a playlist lately called "Spacemen Evolution" that includes all the versions of every Spacemen/Spectrum/Spz song in chronological order. I got the idea from the Feel So Sad suite on the Complete Works volume 1. It's really interesting to hear songs, especially Walking With Jesus, evolve and change over time. Yesterday I listened to an enormous suite of Broken Heart, starting with the demos from Ladies and Gents and going into the instrumental and then the album take and then the Abbey Road EP mix -- it was pretty cool. Lay Back In The Sun is another good one for that.

I've made the same kind of playlist for Verve and Dylan, too -- it's pretty awesome to hear Tangled Up In Blue as it's changed throughout the years.
Kurious Oranj
Known user

Post by Kurious Oranj »

i only have the one from royal albert hall which i dont like all that much.
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

Windows search function reckons a fairly frightening 37!
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Kurious Oranj wrote:i only have the one from royal albert hall which i dont like all that much.
You don't own Perfect Prescription?! Get thyself to Amazon.com immediately! I prefer plenty of versions to the one on that album, but it's a must have!
Kurious Oranj
Known user

Post by Kurious Oranj »

:lol:

my bad i thought we were talking about the spiritualized versions
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

it would seem that SPZ is the subject here since it's in the SPZ section & not the S3 section... :)
alan_cohaul
Known user

Post by alan_cohaul »

Wow, I didn't know that there were that many! Actually, if you count similar SPZ or Spacemen 3 songs that sound like "Walking With Jesus", you're probably actually closer to a couple hundred (wink).
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

i'm trailing behind somewhat with 25 versions of WWJ and 22 of Electric Mainline.