Another new Jason interview

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

angelsighs
Known user

Another new Jason interview

Post by angelsighs »

http://guestlisted.blogspot.com/2011/05 ... rview.html

The as-yet untitled album, according to Jason, “Is more about my voice this time, which has happened I think because of doing the Acoustic Mainline shows.”

Making music has probably kept me alive, yeah. I’m not sure if that’s what you mean, but all I know is I feel so alive when I’m out there playing (live) and that makes me want to keep going more than anything else.”
jadams501
Known user

Re: Another new Jason interview

Post by jadams501 »

Thanks for the link.

I'm feeling encouraged about this upcoming album. I've said on many occasions that Songs in A&E left me underwhelmed, but a focus on J's voice sounds like a good direction to go in. He's an expert communicator, and the acoustic radio sessions from the last ten years are some of my favorite tracks from him. Let's hope it arrives sooner rather than later!
Horrorflick
Known user

Post by Horrorflick »

jadams501 wrote:Thanks for the link.

I'm feeling encouraged about this upcoming album. I've said on many occasions that Songs in A&E left me underwhelmed, but a focus on J's voice sounds like a good direction to go in. He's an expert communicator, and the acoustic radio sessions from the last ten years are some of my favorite tracks from him. Let's hope it arrives sooner rather than later!
I didn't think Songs in A&E was "bigger and more polished" at all. Great songs but a really pared-down feel on the production. Some of the Acoustic Mainlines stuff that's out there is fantastic but I'd like to see him start cranking up the volume again...
Something Wicked That Way Goes...
radioshack
Known user

Post by radioshack »

He's not really said too much in these interviews, huh? I'd say the album isn't finished yet.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

And another:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mus ... z1NEuyENTB
''It's hard to separate record releases from the story sometimes. Sometimes those things run ahead of themselves and that album more than any had this headline that it was all about heartbreak. I did my best with my small voice to deny that, that it was bigger than that. Why would I focus two years of my artistic life on a singular thing? But the stories ran.

''But what seems so very important at the time of release is not important in 10, 15, 20 years time and people relate to it on their own terms. Some people might come thinking it's going to be this damage but it's a glorious musical experience, full of life and love. A really beautiful thing.''
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4LvY-eb0yM

mini interview and all of my thoughts from rcmh, uploaded by the sydney opera house festival