New Album

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

spazed99
Known user

New Album

Post by spazed99 »

The release date for the new album has been pushed to early 2012. Before the conspiracy theorists get carried away the record is almost finished but due to other issues it makes more sense to delay the album by a few months.

Three of the October shows will remain, including the RAH, new material will be played at those shows. The three other shows have been re-scheduled for February & there will be other UK shows announced soon for that period.
bunnyben
Known user

Re: New Album

Post by bunnyben »

can't wait for rah!

now, as for those conspiracies...if only there was a twitter link we could spy on... :roll:
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Didn't get a RAH ticket cause I was going to Bristol and Manchester instead... guess I will have to find a ticket to london whenever (if ever) i have any money
radioshack
Known user

Post by radioshack »

I think there would be more conspiracy theories if the album wasn't delayed for some reason or other.

Any info on a Glasgow date? When's the YLYC single coming out? When the Acoustic Mainlines DVD coming out? Where's the Suicide cover? Did that song due to appear on the compilation cd for animals (or was it just dogs?) ever emerge?
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

radioshack wrote: Any info on a Glasgow date? When's the YLYC single coming out? When the Acoustic Mainlines DVD coming out? Where's the Suicide cover? Did that song due to appear on the compilation cd for animals (or was it just dogs?) ever emerge?
:lol:

brilliant

the YLYC video is still one of my fave from recent times..

spazed, without any spoilers, can u give us a general idea of the direction/tone the album is taking? is it a return to the spacier sounds or is it a continuation of the country-vibe from the SiA&E tour (like Mama Said)??
gonna burn brightly
for a while
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

haha don't think spazed is gonna give anything away there Jack, nor should he. good try though!

would like to know the lowdown on that Acoustic Mainlines DVD is poss, though :)

and whether the mythical cover of Wild Thing will ever be released ;)
scratch
Known user

Post by scratch »

oh no.. almost finished recording?

that would mean another 18 months of mixing, right..
"the greatest example of self-violation in the history of art"
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

nooooooooooooooooo,

well at least that should make the RAH gig extra special.
see y'alls there! :D
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

Hurrah!!

I'm really happy the gigs have been delayed as it will mean I can now go to one of them (Manchester).

I bought a couple of tickets for the RAH but won't be able to go now due to the gig being on the expected due date of the newest member of the clan. :D
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Hey - congratulations on that Simon! I wish you guys all the best!
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

rameses wrote:Hurrah!!

I'm really happy the gigs have been delayed as it will mean I can now go to one of them (Manchester).

I bought a couple of tickets for the RAH but won't be able to go now due to the gig being on the expected due date of the newest member of the clan. :D

I've also got seated tickets for the RAH show (missed out on the LAGWAFIS one) and our firstborn is due around the same time. It's also two days after our wedding anniversary so was going to make a London weekend of it, but not too sure how my wife is going to feel at over 8½ months pregnant!! We'll have to see!
We've seen Spz together twice - Leamington 2009 which she loved and the Manchester Apollo LAGWAFIS which we felt was a bit of a let down - freezing and impersonal venue - I remember Derby 1992 being amazing incidentally!