Albert Hall- Oct 11- 2011- Cheapster- Shine a light- TMTTOS

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

They Transmit
Known user

Albert Hall- Oct 11- 2011- Cheapster- Shine a light- TMTTOS

Post by They Transmit »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViKTqEXCuzk

Mastered from the original boot. Took quite awhile as the top end frequencies needed a bit of restraining. Warmed up all the mid range and the bottom end tightened, madame. Brought up the overall mix and warmed throughout, serve with a nice Sauvignon blanc and a few jazz fags and your away :)

The track breaks are audible in case you wanna split em yourself + I'd not time to tart it up.

Never been that big a fan of Cheapster but think this version has teeth, really primal sounding. Killer.

Enjoy, I know I did.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393
TheWarmth
Known user

Re: Albert Hall- Oct 11- 2011- Cheapster- Shine a light- TMT

Post by TheWarmth »

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but aren't they going overboard with the Electric Phase-ish noise freakouts? There's a noise section between "Cheapster" and "Shine A Light" that I think works perfectly for that transition, but then they did the exact same thing in the middle of "Hey Jane". Then, the last four or five minutes here is more Electric Phase. How much more of this was in the set? I love the way "Shine A Light" builds up into bombast with the chord progression still chugging along, holding it all together, but that to me is something different.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

I'm probably alone on this one but i've never been totally satisfied with Spiritualized's version of TMTTOS over the years. It's good but not amazing. A bit too "rock" rather than the psych-noise tranceout it aspires to be.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

TheWarmth wrote:I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but aren't they going overboard with the Electric Phase-ish noise freakouts? There's a noise section between "Cheapster" and "Shine A Light" that I think works perfectly for that transition, but then they did the exact same thing in the middle of "Hey Jane". Then, the last four or five minutes here is more Electric Phase. How much more of this was in the set? I love the way "Shine A Light" builds up into bombast with the chord progression still chugging along, holding it all together, but that to me is something different.
I disagree. in anything I thought the set could have done with MORE noise freakouts :)

I do see what you mean about Shine a Light- more of a crescendo than a freakout. maybe they need to vary the type of noise they do a little?