Hey Jane / Album Art (Pitchfork)

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

clewsr
Known user

Re: Hey Jane / Album Art (Pitchfork)

Post by clewsr »

bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

yeah, it made me laugh too.
repeater
Known user

Post by repeater »

I first heard "Hey Jane" today. I liked it, especially the second part.

It instantly struck me how similar the second part is to the song "Joy" by the swedish band Silverbullit (known in the US as "Citizen Bird" for trademark reasons apparently) - the song is available here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgcSWqlWoD8) for listening. The similarities are probably coincidental, and not surprising given that Spz and Spacemen 3 are influences on Silverbullit and that the two bands share a great deal of other influences.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

repeater wrote:I first heard "Hey Jane" today. I liked it, especially the second part.

It instantly struck me how similar the second part is to the song "Joy" by the swedish band Silverbullit (known in the US as "Citizen Bird" for trademark reasons apparently) - the song is available here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgcSWqlWoD8) for listening. The similarities are probably coincidental, and not surprising given that Spz and Spacemen 3 are influences on Silverbullit and that the two bands share a great deal of other influences.
see the last few pages :wink:
repeater
Known user

Post by repeater »

bunnyben wrote:see the last few pages :wink:
Oh, right! :oops: That's what I get for storming in, assuming people around here won't have heard of fairly obscure swedish acts.. :lol:

As I said, I'm certainly not convinced this is a conscious homage/lift on Jason's part, but if it was, I don't think Silverbullit have any legitimate grounds for complaint: listen to the section of http://youtu.be/DUvxiu8X6FY at 2:45 onwards and compare it to Loop's "Straight To Your Heart", for example.. :)
sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

Whooa love that wah wah on the silver bullet track I Love You thanks for the link...If i could get pass the vocals I could really really like this group.
blackcockerel
Known user

Post by blackcockerel »

Heard Hey Jane for the first time today... loving it at the moment! But is it just me or is the iTunes version a bit crap quality wise? Sounds quite muffled to me
blackcockerel
Known user

Post by blackcockerel »

I was right, downloaded again off Amazon and the quality was much better. And there wasn't a gap between the two parts like on iTunes.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

gassjack wrote:I think the album cover is the same shape as a Subutex pill.

I think the 'Huh?' might refer to the idea that Subutex can stop opiate addiction and withdrawal.

I think Hey Jane is bringing me much joy.
1. My local pharmacist likes to mix it up when ordering in 2mg and 8mg subbies so I've seen a few, but the closest that hexagon comes is to the original, but they are both much more rectangular and bear little resemblance. The generics always seem small and round, with no size difference between strengths. Plus I've seen nothing different to this in foreign versions, though I stand to be corrected.

2. The pharmacology of buprenorphine is complex admittedly, however it's a proven cure for opiate withdrawal, as it has both opiate agonist and antagonist properties. I don't see the relevance of the '?' here.

3. Hey Jane is indeed a joy, and to my mind the only song that doesn't sound limp on recordings of any gigs apart from the glorious RAH concert - having been lucky enough to be there, I'm glad I didn't go to any other gigs where the lack of choir and orchestra would have probably put me off the new album, rather than now being so excited about it!
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

mojo filters wrote:
gassjack wrote:I think the album cover is the same shape as a Subutex pill.

I think the 'Huh?' might refer to the idea that Subutex can stop opiate addiction and withdrawal.

I think Hey Jane is bringing me much joy.
2. The pharmacology of buprenorphine is complex admittedly, however it's a proven cure for opiate withdrawal, as it has both opiate agonist and antagonist properties. I don't see the relevance of the '?' here.
could be the wit that led to the title sequence in 12 steps- step one- kill the fun. cure for opiates- ? why? how? etc
olliemorr
Known user

Post by olliemorr »

bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

olliemorr wrote:Hey Jane trailer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT8QXsvcgMs
that's just shit. i don't get it at all. jason in drag?
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I'm sure the band/label did it just so some assholes would have another thing to complain about.
:roll:
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
somakoma
Known user

Post by somakoma »

mojo filters wrote:
It can kill you if you are not already opioid-dependent or if you combine the wrong dosage with alcohol.
People die from overdosing this "cure".
If the questionmark concerns whether you die or not.. I´d say it has some relevance.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

bunnyben wrote:
An interesting interpretation from a 45 second clip.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

spzretent wrote:I'm sure the band/label did it just so some assholes would have another thing to complain about.
:lol:

I must be an asshole so as I thought the Other Voices gig was underwhelming. Haven't heard the RAH gig as I try to avoid all pre-releases/performances until I get it in my hands. Loved Hey Jane and pre-ordered the 7" and LP and booked a ticket for the gig in Dublin at the end of March. I can't wait for ther LP, hope it rocks, I reallly do.

Been a fan since 1987. I thought this forum was more than a SPZ fanboy pissing contest. Christ almighty. :roll:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Really?
A lot of what I seem to read in these threads bitches about one thing or another. Whether its the cover art, Hey Jane, other songs they played live whatever.
No one is above criticism. We all realize that. Sometimes its just too much in my opinion.
Some of the ridiculous flippant negative comments. "Its just shit. I dont get it at all. Jason in drag." I am sorry but that deserved a response. I may wrong but when they decided to release that trailer do think they all sat around and thought "what would bunnyben think of this?". Probably not.
Presumably we are all fans of the band. Sometimes I wonder. And as a moderator, of which we do virtually no moderating, I sometimes feel I need to bring the reason right back home of why we love this message board and band.
Its so easy to sit behind a keyboard and post. It is the instant, anonymous, take no prisoners world we live in now.
Well I am sick of it. And I have every right to respond.
I too can sit behind a keyboard and play asteroids with innane posts like the one I responded to.
Spiritualized have a new record coming out. A new tour. This isn't a yearly occurence. Even a bi-annual occurence.
I am pretty fucking excited. I just dont understand a lot of the negativity that gets posted here.
Someone in management posts here occasionally and reads this stuff.
Hopefully Jason doesn't.
The comment about the Spiritualized fanboy pissing contest is pretty funny. You took one response to one quote and boiled it down to that. But before that you let us know how you deal with each release and how long you have been a fan. Fanboy-ism 101.
This is widely acknowledged as one of, if not the, best band message board around. The most friendly, the most informative, the most musically varied, and pretty helpful.
So the answer to your quote is this message board is way more than a Spiritualized fanboy pissing contest.
Pat Garrett
Known user

Post by Pat Garrett »

spzretent wrote: Spiritualized have a new record coming out. A new tour. This isn't a yearly occurence. Even a bi-annual occurence.
I am pretty fucking excited. I just dont understand a lot of the negativity that gets posted here.
Couldn't agree more.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

spzretent wrote:The comment about the Spiritualized fanboy pissing contest is pretty funny. You took one response to one quote and boiled it down to that. But before that you let us know how you deal with each release and how long you have been a fan. Fanboy-ism 101
Yeah, I mistook your 'assholes' response as being directed to anyone who was critical of SPZ, didn't see it as one response to one quote at the time, it was late here. I can't comment on some of the other critical/negative stuff posted here.

Am I a SPZ fanboy? Yeah my mates would probably say so. Am I interested in SPZ pissing contests? No way, I'd like to think people here can give honest appraisals of new/old work and for it to be accepted. If SPZ managment see some critical stuff on this site then so be it, c'est la vie.

I agree about this place being one of the better forums out there, let's keep it that way and keep up the good work in that regard
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

angelsighs wrote:opinions of Spacemen 3 cover art anyone? not overly keen on most of them.
I cannot express how much I love the cover of The Perfect Prescription. It looks like two kids who get together in a bedroom to play their guitars as an escape from straight life. Pete's non-rock clothes really emphasise this - they've stepped straight out of normality, closed the door, and altered their conciocness. Jason's closed eyes and the Monteray circles bring this right out, as does Pete's expression - only caring about the chord, not about the fact that someone's trying to get a picture for the front of an album.

Not the original intention, I'm sure, but that's what I've always seen.

Sound of Confusion is OK. Playing with Fire is a little underwealming. Recurring is fun.
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

Ian wrote:
angelsighs wrote:opinions of Spacemen 3 cover art anyone? not overly keen on most of them.
I cannot express how much I love the cover of The Perfect Prescription. It looks like two kids who get together in a bedroom to play their guitars as an escape from straight life. Pete's non-rock clothes really emphasise this - they've stepped straight out of normality, closed the door, and altered their conciocness. Jason's closed eyes and the Monteray circles bring this right out, as does Pete's expression - only caring about the chord, not about the fact that someone's trying to get a picture for the front of an album.

Sound of Confusion is OK. Playing with Fire is a little underwealming. Recurring is fun.
agreed. i love the cover of perfect prescription for the same reasons. recurring is ace too... great to get lost in.
i'm still avoiding listening to 'hey jane', but it's getting difficult. wish the album would hurry up :)
am also interested in seeing the artwork as a whole. excited!

Also, i think jason would get a kick out of having generating some 'fire' on this board with the album artwork/hey jane teaser etc. :lol:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Broc wrote: Yeah, I mistook your 'assholes' response as being directed to anyone who was critical of SPZ, didn't see it as one response to one quote at the time, it was late here. I can't comment on some of the other critical/negative stuff posted here.
Everyone has their opinions. I understand that. I like some Spz records better than others. Over time the message board has even evolved into LAGWAFIS forward vs LAGWAFIS backward sects. Its kind of funny.
What drew my ire was the post I responded to. However, for whatever reason its pervasive in this thread. I think maybe fans need to take a step back. Its Jason's art/music. All the way down to the cover art.
A&E didn't take nearly as much shit be it the music or the cover art. I am just perplexed as to why this record is.
I think some fans who post find comfort in anonymity and just say what they want. That is the world we live in now. Its everywhere. It doesn't mean I have to sit back and take it.

Broc, I dont think you are an asshole. In no way was that one liner aimed at you.
And, I too, would consider myself a fanboy. Perhaps even more so hence my username.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

spzretent wrote:I'm sure the band/label did it just so some assholes would have another thing to complain about.
gee thanks, you're a swell guy too :wink: a) i wasn't complaining i was merely stating b) how is that a trailor? aprox 40 seconds of a 9 min track, how is that representive? c) baring in mind b, how is that going to make anyone go 'wow i must buy that album/single/whatever. a woman walking as some music fades in in the background. or maybe i just said it so some self righteous pricks would be able to get onto their high horses once agian :wink: who knows!
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

spzretent wrote: You took one response to one quote and boiled it down to that.t.
hello mr pot :D
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

Ian wrote:
I cannot express how much I love the cover of The Perfect Prescription. It looks like two kids who get together in a bedroom to play their guitars as an escape from straight life. Pete's non-rock clothes really emphasise this - they've stepped straight out of normality, closed the door, and altered their conciocness. Jason's closed eyes and the Monteray circles bring this right out, as does Pete's expression - only caring about the chord, not about the fact that someone's trying to get a picture for the front of an album..
i love the third velvets cover for a similar reason. in my opinion, the most important band ever, sat around in sweaters. i adore it!
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

o btw i'm being deafened by those shouting how much they love the trailor. hey jane is one of the best songs i've heared for a long time. why aren't they making more effort to get it out there? put it on the OC, put it on daytime tv, who cares. it should be heared. and for the purpose the video is shit. my opinion. take it or leave it. if you wish to sit behind your screen and make personal comments, be my guest. your life...
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

bunnyben wrote: that's just shit. i don't get it at all. jason in drag?!
These are your words
Not a complaint? Perhaps a cheap shot? Especially the last bit which makes no sense. An attempt at witty repartee?
Whats with the successive posting?
Cant you respond in one post?
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

spzretent wrote:
These are your words
Not a complaint? Perhaps a cheap shot? Especially the last bit which makes no sense. An attempt at witty repartee?
it is all explained in the others. i don't know how to combine quotations from other posts into one, sorry.

ok, the definitve answer

album cover- don't care
advert- don't care
jason's health etc- don't care
music- based on albert hall- love it.

still dunno why you are so bent out of shape. i guess i was inconsiderate by not asking your opinion first and in thinking message boardsa actually were more than somewhere to go to discuss music and get a few ideas, so please teach me how to put many replied into one screen, how to take things personally, how to give a 'witty rapartee etc'. thank you sincerely, you adonis of message borads :D i am your humble servant :D
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

spzretent wrote:
These are your words
sorry you didn't hear my intonation. it was a matter of fact comment but i see how it can be twisted by those with different personalities than mine :D
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Ian wrote:

interesting interpretation. the PP cover does seem to stand apart from pretty much any other of their sleeves.
it's also the only one to feature the band themselves, aside from Sound of Confusion (that one is pretty good, it really does look like a vintage sleeve from a psych-garage band from the 60s or something)

I don't find the Recurring one appealling at all. although it does kind of suit the album in one sense- it's certainly the bands most 'multi-coloured' and dayglo album

that 45 second clip didn't impress me either.. but guess that's because it was only 45 seconds long.. :) surely nothing to get too passionate about either way.. just a teaser
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

if you find my presence so egregious please block me, dear mr mod, as i could not bare to bring you an opinion you cannot understand
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

you haven't replied to any of my posts you ignored :D
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

angelsighs wrote:[
that 45 second clip didn't impress me either.. but guess that's because it was only 45 seconds long.. :) surely nothing to get too passionate about either way.. just a teaser
exactly! considering how great the song is, one should get the chance to be passionate about it. i understand the money involved and has hey jane been on the radio? and if so in full? so great to have a 9 min single!
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

bunnyben wrote:if you find my presence so egregious please block me, dear mr mod, as i could not bare to bring you an opinion you cannot understand
You obviously have no idea how a message board works Ben. Moderating is simply a method of preventing unwanted spam, hate-filled posts etc. It has nothing to do with people expressing their opinions and such. Since I've been a mod - which is since this board has existed in pretty much every form - I have hardly had to moderate anything, and nor have the other guys.

I take it if you were a moderator then you'd be blocking anyone who dares to disagree with you. I found your post on the video clip absolutely bizarre - to reach such a feisty conclusion from a tiny clip like that is just plain weird. And you're suprised someone reacted? Equally bizarre.
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

Last edited by Multi on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

spzretent wrote: [What drew my ire was the post I responded to...
Yeah that bit went over my head as it was late and I was a little drunk-ish. My misunderstanding and apologies. Hence my strong retort as I was a little taken aback to read that on this site...Glad to have got it cleared up ASAP.

If I was more capable of using these fora I'd quote Moop's comment about Jason enjoying the 'fire' regarding the cover art debate.

I've tried to ignore all pre-album exposure but that little 45 second promo clip sounds great, can't wait for the 7".
JohnGris
Known user

Post by JohnGris »

Ian wrote:I cannot express how much I love the cover of The Perfect Prescription. It looks like two kids who get together in a bedroom to play their guitars as an escape from straight life. Pete's non-rock clothes really emphasise this - they've stepped straight out of normality, closed the door, and altered their conciocness. Jason's closed eyes and the Monteray circles bring this right out, as does Pete's expression - only caring about the chord, not about the fact that someone's trying to get a picture for the front of an album.

That just summed up my thoughts exactly that I've always had about that album cover. Pure class, in a non-intentional way.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

runcible wrote:
bunnyben wrote: I found your post on the video clip absolutely bizarre - to reach such a feisty conclusion from a tiny clip like that is just plain weird. And you're suprised someone reacted? Equally bizarre.
if you must know i was very disapointed, i saw it as a missed oportunity. i was looking forward to a proper video, something intersting like 'you lie you cheat' something to make people go 'wow!' as i said before i love the song and want everyone to love it and from that regard it is 'shit' it should be so much more, but then again i've lived with the song since albert hall so i know what is missing. someone's holier than thou contradictory response to a couple of posts by seperate people made me wonder at the integrity. surely if someone said that to me about something i would ask what caused such a visceral response and then listen to the answer without ignoring any attempts at explanations, but then again that is me. also if they publicised more then they would sell more and record prices would be less high etc. so for those who were commenting on the increase in price, surely that would be good? anyway if i had to pay an extra £5 or whatever for something that was precious to me i'd happily do it. if not it can always be downloaded from itunes or amazon or bought on cd for less than a tenner. the important thing is the labum is coming out. sorry for caring. if that is shitting then i guess i'm full of shit :roll:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

A trailer isn't a video. Its an ad or a teaser. Not sure what part of that you dont understand.
bunnyben wrote:you haven't replied to any of my posts you ignored :D
I have much better things to do with my time that respond to you tit for tat.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

angelsighs wrote: Sound of Confusion (that one is pretty good, it really does look like a vintage sleeve from a psych-garage band from the 60s or something)
Agreed. That cover, with the sunglasses and dramatic lighting/shadows always reminded me of the Velvet Underground or even the Jefferson Airplane circa 'Surrealistic Pillow' era.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

somakoma wrote:
mojo filters wrote:
It can kill you if you are not already opioid-dependent or if you combine the wrong dosage with alcohol.
People die from overdosing this "cure".
If the questionmark concerns whether you die or not.. I´d say it has some relevance.
OK, so take someone with a big methadone script, see how they do when they used their backed-up Sunday pick-ups to then hit up the good stuff on top. That is much more likely to cause fatal OD with poly-drug usage, including alcohol.

The 'opiate antagonist' properties of Subs means you miss out on the best bits of the gear buzz - hence the lack of need for a question mark. And the alcohol warnings are simply a caution - after 64mgs, a few pints, a bottle of wine and some benzos to finish, I can't report any problems.

If you're not already opiate-dependant, Subbies from the original manufacturer/licence-holder can be utilised in other ways to good effect if you know how to do it, as many beneficiaries know, especially when you're locked up and there's little choice.

I've never heard of buprenorphine causing death, even when combined with poly-drug usage. If you have any please reference relevant links.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

If all this is correct this album cover has the most complex meaning of all of them.
bunnyben wrote:you haven't replied to any of my posts you ignored :D
There are too many.
somakoma
Known user

Post by somakoma »

mojo filters wrote: The 'opiate antagonist' properties of Subs means you miss out on the best bits of the gear buzz - hence the lack of need for a question mark.

I've never heard of buprenorphine causing death, even when combined with poly-drug usage. If you have any please reference relevant links.
I don´t know about suboxone (seems to be a slightly different thing?) but you can crush subutex and shoot it/get high... and die.
Doesn´t have the OD stats of methadone but it can kill you alright. Trust me. It happens.
The reason I know is not because of some source off los intrawebos so no linky, sorry.

but I´m sure they are all safe if you follow doctor´s orders..

we should ask Jason
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

somakoma wrote:
mojo filters wrote: The 'opiate antagonist' properties of Subs means you miss out on the best bits of the gear buzz - hence the lack of need for a question mark.

I don´t know about suboxone (seems to be a slightly different thing?) but you can crush subutex and shoot it/get high... and die.
Doesn´t have the OD stats of methadone but it can kill you alright. Trust me. It happens.
The reason I know is not because of some source off los intrawebos so no linky, sorry.

but I´m sure they are all safe if you follow doctor´s orders..

we should ask Jason
I'm just talking about plain buprenorphine, not Suboxone - I never heard of anyone in the UK getting that scripted, though it seems common in the US from the web chatter I've read.

Yes of course you can crush and misuse/abuse it - but I've never heard of folks IV'ing it, though I did have an ex-girlfriend who stupidly was about to, before I stopped her because it seemed daft/pointless/dangerous. However there are other ways of using/abusing original Subutex that in my experience only give a decent buzz if you're not taking it regularly sub-lingual-fashion. However the generics don't work the same when crushed.

As far as Methadone goes I quite agree with what you say; that was why I referenced it, as it's properly dangerous compared to subs, which was my point.

As far as my Dr's orders, I do follow them - when on a script of subbies, brown is a waste of money because of the opiate antagonist properties of that specific pharmaceutical. Using on top of methadone instead is a completely different kettle of fish, with the potential deadly consequences you mention.

I can imagine how flattered Jason would be if we asked him about this issue :oops:
Dave Chappelle
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

this ^ is making my head melt.
hope it's never revealed what the huh? is & we continue to spiral into these theories. forever.
a continual state of huh? would be just sweet.
bunnyben wrote:o btw i'm being deafened by those shouting how much they love the trailor. hey jane is one of the best songs i've heared for a long time. why aren't they making more effort to get it out there? put it on the OC, put it on daytime tv, who cares. it should be heared. and for the purpose the video is shit. my opinion. take it or leave it. if you wish to sit behind your screen and make personal comments, be my guest. your life...
wowzer. you sound like you're living in an old-timey world. like the fucking waltons or something.
the internet is a far more effective tool for reaching people than any of your suggestions. unless you want j on loose women w/the nolan sisters explaining the artwork of course. this is the way to reach people. the internet is the new radio. p4k is the new radio.
people don't even watch tv anymore. get w/the times. you're living in the past.

i actually LIKED the trailer & the IDEA of a trailer.
theyre making it an EVENT. it's much more INTERESTING than the promo for A&E & the neverending story of buying an old guitar in america one time & then nearly dying after writing songs about dying.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

wait wait wait...

The trailer is a teaser for the full video. AG Rojas is an actual music video director.

Am I wrong in assuming this?
synthiA
Known user

Post by synthiA »

toomilk wrote:wait wait wait...

The trailer is a teaser for the full video. AG Rojas is an actual music video director.

I was wondering how long this was going to go on before someone pointed this out :)
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

That trailer's made me happy as it looks like the releases are going to get some 'push' this time around, something that A&E suffered from a lack off (especially with the pull of the 2nd single etc.)

I like the trailer. The fact that it's a 45 sec clip from the start of the 2nd part of a 9 minute track makes me wonder what the first part will contain, and what will happen in the 4-5 minutes that follow.

Post by angelsighs »

synthiA wrote:

I was wondering how long this was going to go on before someone pointed this out :)
yeah.. thought this was obvious.. maybe thats where ben went wrong, thinking maybe the 45 clip was meant to be a promotional method in itself rather than a teaser for something bigger
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

synthiA wrote:

i was too.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

ain't the open space behind the main character remind you of America. must i say it again - yet again a video (or so far just a teaser) outside of UK. it's just whatever they can make a video it's made outside UK, lately lately. i could imagine that some serious trash humping will come next..... but lets see, better seeing it later and not hurting yourself already before. for me teaser indicates yet another new move from Jase. haven't happened before. video must be ready already by now or almost finished. keep your eyes opened for maybe that only broadcast of the video. must i be so skeptical again when good times are nearing again, but this market of ours is totally overcrowded.

bencrooks where are you with your videos of making the A&E album ????
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

mojo filters wrote:
somakoma wrote:
mojo filters wrote: I don´t know about suboxone (seems to be a slightly different thing?) but you can crush subutex and shoot it/get high... and die.

we should ask Jason
I'm just talking about plain buprenorphine, not Suboxone - I never heard of anyone in the UK getting that scripted, though it seems common in the US from the web chatter I've read.

I can imagine how flattered Jason would be if we asked him about this issue :oops:
I can confirm that suboxone is available in the UK and I could have sworn they were hexagonal... But my memory is gash so I could easily be wrong. Dunno if this really is what the album cover is about. I was just thinking out loud. I think the question mark is about the morality of any opiate blocker. doesn't a blocker just take away the responsibility. you still gotta find out why you need the opiate blanket in the first place. It's the junkie version of a gastric band.

I'd love to ask Jason but expect I would get a severely nasty look at the very least... :lol:
Last edited by gassjack on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
and through wax seals and padlocks...a hand through my ribcage...past the choking I saw palms and fingers grasping shoulders...collarbone...crushing...I imagined myself hacking desperately at a sea of appendages...freeing myself like a butcher...
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

Hahahahaha that is hilarious... Looks like Jane is a hooker then. Or a dealer. Or both.

BIZARRE. I like bizarre.
and through wax seals and padlocks...a hand through my ribcage...past the choking I saw palms and fingers grasping shoulders...collarbone...crushing...I imagined myself hacking desperately at a sea of appendages...freeing myself like a butcher...
Spiby
Known user

Post by Spiby »

I'm certainly teased by that teaser. And it helpfully clears up the mystery of who this shady 'Jane' character is. It's clearly Jason's black, tranny hooker alter-ego, which is a relief I can tell you.

Doesn't get me any further in finding the answer to the 15 year old question of who the 'J' referred to in 'Come Together' is, but I suspect drugs are involved somewhere. Shocking.

Seriously, though, I'm looking forward to seeing what precedes that trailer.

P
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

olliemorr
Known user

Post by olliemorr »

The full Hey Jane video......:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLJwigyZPHw
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

WOAH that's fairly fucked up...

That's not really a video to a song though is it. That's a short film in its own right with Hey Jane as a soundtrack.

I love it.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Wow. That was unexpected, but it works. I love it.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

This is funny: the lead in the video is played by James Ross, who is better known as Tyra Sanchez, who won season 2 of RuPaul's Drag Race!!!
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Great video, really loved it.
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

ok, so i finally caved and listened to the song just so i could see the video.
really like it. suitably epic. the mix of the song was pretty unexpected for me too. vocals seemed a little different to the usual? the whole thing sounds was less clinical than i was expecting, a little rougher. will be interesting to see how it grows on me. for now though, i'll try not to over-listen to it. gonna wait for the album!
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

love the video. didn't end how i expected it to at all, either. fantastic.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Intense. Video gets a thumbs up from me, too.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

so which one's jane? :confused:

p great promo. i'd say best since YLYC definitely....
figured out the ending but only cause i watch too much tv & read the posts on here beforehand..

some nice touches in the vid - they get the car theme & the indicator blinking as the 2nd half starts, the sound effects during the fight scene. & it's nice to have somerhing more exciting than the She Kissed Me/Soul On Fire promo's that launched the prev albums.
Last edited by jack white on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Film commissioned by Juliette Larthe - J's other half, I think? Definitely 'arty'