Soul Kiss (Glide Divine) to be re-released on vinyl?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

mc
Known user

Soul Kiss (Glide Divine) to be re-released on vinyl?

Post by mc »

Was just randomly searching for Spectrum (as you do) on amazon.co.uk when I came across the following:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Kiss-Glide ... 700&sr=1-3

April 16th, it says. Does anyone have any more info on this?
jadams501
Known user

Re: Soul Kiss (Glide Divine) to be re-released on vinyl?

Post by jadams501 »

Hope it's true -- a fine record which more than deserves to be in print.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

Weren't the first three Spectrum LPs supposed to be re-released last year? It'd be cool if they did the first two with the op-art again. I'd love to see what Sonic originally had in mind for the cover of "Highs, Lows and Heavenly Blows".

I wonder will we ever hear "On The Wings Of Mercury"...
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

It's up for pre-order on Piccadilly Records site along with this, the solo album: http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/produc ... 81905.html

1000 copies of each.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

Wow, good to see these finally re-isssued. Will Highs, Lows and Heavenly Blows and get the same treatment I wonder?

And really impressed to see the Spectrum album with the op-art sleeve. Already have both versions of this record, Soul Kiss and Highs, Lows on vinyl, just missing the translucent version of Soul Kiss and Forever Alien. Surely Space Age could re-issue FA?

Hopefully this might re-kindle Sonic's interest in On The Wings Of Mercury.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

ah no not being reissued on CD? :(

great album
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Hmm. Single LP by the looks of things. Was it issued this way to begin with? 70 minutes is a helluva lot of music to cram onto a single slab of vinyl...
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

70 minutes is WAY too much to cram onto two sides of vinyl. It's gotta be a 2xLP release.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

Originally it was released as a single LP.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

the original cd has a couple of extra trax ,compared to the vinyl ,one of which is particularly lengthy ,so I`d imagine this rel-release would be the the same as the original vinyl,
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

What were the extra tracks on the CD? According to Chris Barrus' old discography on Sonic's site, only the first sub-minute long Drunk Suite is missing from the vinyl, which makes for a 73.5 minute single LP.

http://www.sonic-boom.info/discography/
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

The Drunk Suite appears again for 9 mins. then it finish`s with Phase Me Out (Gently) for 16 mins. take those two off and its down to a manageable 50 min.
LunarTunes
Known user

Post by LunarTunes »

mc wrote:What were the extra tracks on the CD? According to Chris Barrus' old discography on Sonic's site, only the first sub-minute long Drunk Suite is missing from the vinyl, which makes for a 73.5 minute single LP.

There are no extra tracks on the CD. If I'm not mistaken, some of the tracks are shortened to fit on the vinyl. "Phase Me Out (Gently)" is certainly shorter and I wouldn't be surprised if "The Drunk Suite" is as well. I used to have this info at the top of my head. I don't anymore...

Peace.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

LunarTunes wrote:
mc wrote:What were the extra tracks on the CD? According to Chris Barrus' old discography on Sonic's site, only the first sub-minute long Drunk Suite is missing from the vinyl, which makes for a 73.5 minute single LP.

There are no extra tracks on the CD. If I'm not mistaken, some of the tracks are shortened to fit on the vinyl. "Phase Me Out (Gently)" is certainly shorter and I wouldn't be surprised if "The Drunk Suite" is as well. I used to have this info at the top of my head. I don't anymore...

Peace.
well prepared to be corrected on this as I Haven`t seen an original copy in years ,just checked my cd and it seemed a correct assumption , anyway ,no way 75mins. could fit on a single album so something would have to give, :|
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Yeah it was a single LP. I have it in the see thru gel sleeve. Nice little item.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Phase me out Gently was considerably shorter on the album compared to cd version. First time i heard the cd i was on acid and i wasn't sure if i was imagining the music still playing or not as i was so used to the vinyl by then. Bought the original vinyls when they were released. The regular one skipped liked fuck on How You Satisfy Me but the clear vinyl played perfectly. Have the ordinary cd but not the oil pack.

Nice to see the solo album re-issue get the revolving disc treatment. Have that and the regular sleeve version plus the tape. Think it was the tape i picked up first then the normal sleeved vinyl turned up in my local music shop which i managed to get brand new for the princely sum of £1.50! :shock: 8) :D
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Good thing it isn't Plain Recordings doing this reissue. I listened to Mazzy Star- Among My Swan the other night and the vinyl sounds like it was repressed on a shitty, poor condition, free bin lp. What a waste. I did listen to LAGWAFIS and that sounded ok. Anyone else have issues with Plain reissues? Just curious.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

i've only heard the 'ladies and gents...' one. i was going to buy those mazzy star ones- thanks for the heads up. it kind of sucks that they reissue such good stuff because most of what i've heard about the quality of their vinyl is bad.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I'm glad I didn't try and cash in with my original Spiritualized LGM and PP.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I don't have a problem with the Plain pressing of L&G, either, but I had their reissue of Pulp's This Is Hardcore and it sucked. I sold it.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

Any chance to redirect this thread to the Spacemen 3 section Mods please?

Seems like a a more natural fit and may generate more Spectrum related conversation, which is always a good thing. Thanks guys.