Django Django

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

sunray
Known user

Django Django

Post by sunray »

Anyone heard this lot? Released their debut album about a month ago and it's pretty good. If you're into The Beta Band, Aliens or maybe Caribou i think you'll get something from this. Nice sunny psychedelic pop.

I read somewhere that the drummer/producer is the younger brother of the Beta Band/Aliens keyboardist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDjpOrlfh0Y

Zumm Zumm is the tune i keep coming back to over and over again. :D
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
sunray
Known user

Re: Django Django

Post by sunray »

No one then? Thought theWarmth, spzretent and a few others would've dug 'em.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

sunray wrote:No one then? Thought theWarmth, spzretent and a few others would've dug 'em.
Bza just sent me a parcel with this cd which I have yet to listen to.
Will get back to you though.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I haven't heard them before. I'll try to check them out, though.
Spiby
Known user

Post by Spiby »

Not sure how I missed this post. I'm eternally grateful to my mate Tim for pointing these guys out, and insisting on me buying a ticket ahead of time ("there's no way this is going to sell out??").

Absolutely love 'em. Saw them 24th Feb in Nottingham in a rammed venue - great, sold-out gig (Tim was right). I had a dilemma after the gig however, as a mate pointed out that the Stranglers were playing in Leamington on 19th March - same night as the Hackney Empire Spz gig. Then, whilst enjoying the post-Django Django gig kebab I saw a flyer showing Spiritualized playing in Nottingham on the Friday night (16th March) (other bands on the flyer, at other venues, included 'Arse Full of Chips' - contender for band name of the year). What a weekend! Spiz on Friday, Slipstream on Saturday, Stranglers on Monday. A lot of kebabs, but I'm man enough.

Booked my Stranglers tickets, and then went to book my tickets for Spiz in Nottingham and they'd sold out - bah! I suppose it's 'cos it's a Friday night, because the Leamington gig in October was only half-full. So won't be seeing Spiritualized this time around. Mind you, Slipstream and Stranglers... 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

My favourite of the year so far. WOR sounds like The Beta Band trying a Cramps tune
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes