Optical Sounds #4

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

sonic124
Known user

Optical Sounds #4

Post by sonic124 »

Here it is - just gopne to the printers back later. Massive Spacemen 3 article includes some nice pics from runcibles archive of posters...
Those that have bought before know what to expect
http://opticalsoundsfanzine.bigcartel.c ... ds-issue-4

Thanks everyone
ononist
Known user

Re: Optical Sounds #4

Post by ononist »

Error on the paypal page.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Worked fine for me. Limited edition covers now eh?. Hoping to create a Heads type collecting frenzy perhaps? :wink:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
ononist
Known user

Post by ononist »

I have now done the necessary
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

i have the first and the second issue, but now when i want to buy the fresh issue their shop answers that “Optical Sounds Issue 4” doesn’t ship to Estonia. vau, new world order?
Runcible, can you help?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I have passed it onto Dave - he should be able to sort it out.
sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

Hi Just select France for your shipping destination (it is the same price to ship to France as Estonia £2.29) The Big Cartel ask you to individually select shipping for each country (from afghanistann to Zaire!) easy and far far far quicker just to use the 3 shipping zones Royal Mail use (UK, Europe, Rest Of The World)
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

ordered ,anybody thinking ,should, its a great read ,totally worth it.
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

Ordered.

Hope it's as good as the first three.
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Looking forward to this one Dave :D
'Remember, change is not good'
sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

Yeah thanks everyone. Always feel guilty over the shipping charges which are pretty expensive (Rest Of The World is £3.80) For the fanzine to go to the US it cost the buyer £6.80 of which after p&p and paypal charges I get £2.52 which then has to pay for toner,paper,staples and electricity to print them out as all of this is done by me! Always hope that in the fanzine you get a sense of the writers love of music which is what I think Fanzines are about. I really wanted to feature more art work but it is totally flippen crammed and everytime I add extra pages the p&p prices zoom up another 20p! Takes a lot of effort and its far to say making money is not the aim of this fanzine...Be grateful for any feedback on this current issue when people start getting theirs. Its obv aimed at a pretty narrow spectrum of music obsessives and I would not have it any other way!
Dave
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

Ordered yesterday, received today!! :D

Cheers Dave.

Now looking forward to a nice relaxing afternoon and a good read.
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
JakeCardigan
Known user

Post by JakeCardigan »

Just got mine today, looks great... afternoon sorted!!
[url]http://adventuresinthesoundscape.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.mixcloud.com/adventuresinthesoundscape/[/url]
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Mine arrived today. Very amused that the first gig in the Spacemen 3 article was at the Bedford Boys Club. I've just finished Dec Hickey's 'From Heaven to Heaven' which documents life on the road with New Order from very early 1981 to late 1984. Dec booked New Order at the Bedford Boys Club and but I don't know if he promoted the the Spacemen. Literally put down Dec's mighty tome and then picked up optical sounds - which is proving to be a great read.

Many thanks to all concerned.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Been a bit off the radar after buying the excellent first edition. Just purchased the last 3 volumes. Thats some excellent reading to catch up on Its the only "magazine" that I feel speaks my language :D
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Sat down last night and started reading the new issue. Incredible interviews as per usual, but the Spacemen 3 article is just brilliant. I mean really brilliant. I love all the little corrections made to Erik Morses' book and the tour diary of SP3 and PD, warts and all. Just got to the SP3 stories by Mark Refroy, Johnny Mattock and Pete Bain, and i'm engrossed!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

The last 3 editions turned up in the post today... now just got to find time to read them cover to cover :wink: :D

Cheers, Dave. Your hard work does not go unappreciated.

Ads...
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Has everyone here who ordered this received their copy? Still waiting on mine. Never had any problems with the previous three issues, all prompt deliveries. PM'd Dave but the message is still sitting in my outbox.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Dave is away for a few days. Not sure when he's back. I'm sure he'll get onto it though - he's a very reliable chap!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Mines came a few weeks back ,very prompt,actually just finished reading ,as Laz69 said the Spacemen article was brilliant ,good to read a fresh angle on some things ,The Hawkwind bootleg piece was great as well as the Supersonic Festival review ,well done guys,
synthiA
Known user

Post by synthiA »

Just read the Spacemen 3 article last night. Very enjoyable!!!

As soon as I put the magazine down, I wanted to listen to the bootlegs from the list given in the article. Unfortunately, my boots are all on DAT and cassette and are in storage while I'm abroad. Are any of those shows in circulation on the internet?

I've got Crown and Castle, London 5.14.1987 and Le New, Geneva 5.18.1989 on my computer but that's it.

Cheers,

-TOM
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Finally arrived today. Sent out on the 14th March and only reaching Ireland now. Bonkers. :roll:

Anyways, looks like it'll be another fantastic read. Thanks to Dave and everyone else who contributes. Each issue always guarantees me a few new bands and/or releases that i wasn't aware of.
sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

just back Hi Sunray no idea at all why that took so long as it was posted the day after you paid for it... Have been away for a few days so anybody who has paid in the last few days is in for a wait im afraid as the Post Office is closed till tuesday... Sorry it took so long to reach you!