Huh? More details on the new album?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

slidesong
Known user

Huh? More details on the new album?

Post by slidesong »

The opening page of Double Six Records website is dedicated to the new Spiritualized record. First, there is the 'Hey Jane' trailer, a 45 second long sequence of what looks like a prostitute strolling the street smoking a cigarette. The trailer is also playing on YouTube on doublesixrecords channel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... T8QXsvcgMs

Second, a nice little tidbit concerning the vinyl version of the record which also answers the question of 'Will there be a limited edition version of the album?' It seems so. The bit reads: "The first single from Sweet Heart, Sweet Light (16/04/12) available for pre-order from this site. Anyone ordering the LP version from here cops a work of limited edition art: heavyweight white double vinyl. Picture it."

And at that moment, I wished I knew someone who lived in the UK who could snag this and send it overseas for me. Will this become available in this country without costing us an arm and a leg? The Fat Possum site (the U.S. distributor) doesn't say a word about it. Would anyone in the UK who reads these forums be interested in helping me procure this white double vinyl gem? Message me and we'll work out the detail$.

Finally (I think), there's also a proper photo of the artwork for Hey Jane. It's not just some b & w Spectrum wanna-be. It's actually orange & white with the same dizzying design.

http://doublesixrecords.com/
TheWarmth
Known user

Re: Huh? More details on the new album?

Post by TheWarmth »

Alan (Spzretent) is doing a large import order for those of us in the US that want the limited edition LP and/or the 7". This will save us all on shipping costs. The more orders placed, the better. Get in touch with him.
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

re all the fuss over the art work......heres something i did maybe two years ago.....im sure Farrow and Jason checked out my myspace profile :) :) :)
Attachments
hex1.jpg
hex1.jpg (43.49 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
Kurious Oranj
Known user

Post by Kurious Oranj »

i don't really understand the "psychedelic" imagery when the music isn't really psychedelic
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

i dont think "op art" is psychedelic, could be wrong but ..........
Kurious Oranj
Known user

Post by Kurious Oranj »

you sure about that?

i mean i really dont want to get into a debate about what's psychedelic but it just seems an odd choice for the song