Record Store Day 2012

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Shinesalight
Known user

Record Store Day 2012

Post by Shinesalight »

So, the records due to be sold on this years RSD have been announced, for the UK at least. Here's a link to the official site's list:-

http://www.recordstoreday.co.uk/exclusive-product.aspx

A few on there that should be of interest to some on here including the Heads live album which has already been mention in their thread, the Luna reissues, Moon Duo remixed Mazes LP, a couple of bits by the Velvet Underground amongst others. There's also a Black Angels 7" which I previously knew nothing about. There's some info here:-

http://www.vvinyl.com/v/the-black-angel ... onely/2224

Anyone know when the US RSD list is due out?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
sunray
Known user

Re: Record Store Day 2012

Post by sunray »

I think the American list is out later this week.

I'll be after The Heads, Moon Duo, Black Angels and possibly the Lee Perry triple 10" and Bitchin' Bajas CD/DVD.

Surprised to see the Bevis Frond in there! :shock:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

it doesn't seem to have surfaced yet, which is odd. their updates pop up on facebook and they do a lot of them, but i didn't even know when the date was until today.
so far the only other release i've heard about that interests me (besides the ones listed) is that there's going to be a beach house 7". i'm excited about the luna vinyl that's going to be released as well. this is kind of weird but every year i kind of hope that they don't release too much good stuff- it can get ridiculously expensive pretty quickly. what's more i always have to work, so it's always a bit of a challenge getting ahold of the releases that i'm after.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

sunray wrote:
Surprised to see the Bevis Frond in there! :shock:
Coincidentally, I just happened to put on 'New River Head' while I catch up on the forum and saw this post....

:D
synthiA
Known user

Post by synthiA »

I haven't heard that Candy Flip record in ages.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

The only ones I want are the Luna records. Last year I wound up buying stuff just to buy it, because I knew it was rare and I happened to be one of the first five people in line. The guy in front of me spent $400 or something ridiculous like that. It's good for the record stores, but I am going to do my best not to get all caught up in the insanity of it this year.
sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

yeah i said i wouldnt do it again after buying a few things i didnt really need or have the money for...But there is no way I am going to miss the Heads LP!
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

The Heads thing is obviously essential for me but I'd love a copy of that Lee Perry 10" pack too. Inevitably I'm working that day so a few favours might be asked of some mates (hint hint!).
keeponrockin
Known user

Post by keeponrockin »

Hi guys,

Would either of you pick up a copy of the Heads record for me? I'll gladly pay your expenses. I got raped on ebay for last year's 10".

Thanks.
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

I will definitely get you one IF I can go - I don't know yet.

There is quite a bit on that list... I want the SCUM single, O Children, Janis Joplin, Lee Hazlewood, The Raveonettes and..... erm.... ABBA.... laugh all you like but I love 'em! 8)
and through wax seals and padlocks...a hand through my ribcage...past the choking I saw palms and fingers grasping shoulders...collarbone...crushing...I imagined myself hacking desperately at a sea of appendages...freeing myself like a butcher...
keeponrockin
Known user

Post by keeponrockin »

gassjack wrote:I will definitely get you one IF I can go - I don't know yet.

There is quite a bit on that list... I want the SCUM single, O Children, Janis Joplin, Lee Hazlewood, The Raveonettes and..... erm.... ABBA.... laugh all you like but I love 'em! 8)
Let me know and I'll send the cash.
hairy
Known user

Post by hairy »

Mclusky

been after that for years

The thing with RSD last year was yes the releases were only available on RSD at that time but two months later they were all pretty much on general release with say a different coloured vinyl.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

US..... nothing that is gonna make want to go near a record shop on RSD.

http://www.strangewaysradio.com/blog/20 ... store-day/
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

keeponrockin wrote:
gassjack wrote:I will definitely get you one IF I can go - I don't know yet.

Let me know and I'll send the cash.
Okay, I'll let you know nearer the time if I'm able to go. I've been having surgery on my back so it all depends on what Doctors say but it should be fine by then.
and through wax seals and padlocks...a hand through my ribcage...past the choking I saw palms and fingers grasping shoulders...collarbone...crushing...I imagined myself hacking desperately at a sea of appendages...freeing myself like a butcher...
YerMa
Known user

Post by YerMa »

I'll be on the hunt for the Graham Coxon and Kate Bush platters.

I was lucky enough to nab two copies of the Kate Bush 10inch last year, I was cock a hoop. Punted one on ebay for £100. Mental what some will pay.

The record shops where I live are pish so I will need to hunt elsewhere.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

I'm loving this new Black Angels track! Perfect for a sunny morning and a sleepless head. Simple and beautiful.

http://www.pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks ... be-lonely/

On April 21 (aka Record Store Day), Texas psychedelic warriors the Black Angels will release a new 7" on Blue Horizon, "Watch Out Boy" b/w "I'd Rather Be Lonely". As you can hear, the B-side is quite a new look for the band, trading their usual scuzz-bomb guitars and acid-damaged vocals for something more jangly and flat-out pretty (not a bad thing).
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

If anyone in the UK has an opportunity to pick up an copy of the Gruff Rhys / Cate Le Bon 7", that'd be hugely appreciated:

http://www.gruffrhys.com/ovni-present-s ... store-day/
marcvolta
Known user

Post by marcvolta »

If anyone in the UK can pick me up a Heads LP I would be forever grateful!! ill do what ever you want for it!
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

What's the Heads' RSD release?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

TheWarmth wrote:What's the Heads' RSD release?
Radio sessions of some kind. It'll be good.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

runcible wrote:
TheWarmth wrote:What's the Heads' RSD release?
Radio sessions of some kind. It'll be good.
From their FB page:

Record Store Day 2012: the chance for some people to put out some decent releases to celebrate those rarefied purveyors of good taste in a shellac format...RECORD STORES... well someone pressed 500 of these things up...7 tracks, from various radio sessions, THE HEADS in a liveroom, kind of blowing the dust off the whole psych scene...yes, Spliff Riff is on there... its cut well loud, its only available from Record Stores on 21st April 2012.

I think I feel it coming on
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

johnnyboy wrote:I'm loving this new Black Angels track! Perfect for a sunny morning and a sleepless head. Simple and beautiful.

http://www.pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks ... be-lonely/

On April 21 (aka Record Store Day), Texas psychedelic warriors the Black Angels will release a new 7" on Blue Horizon, "Watch Out Boy" b/w "I'd Rather Be Lonely". As you can hear, the B-side is quite a new look for the band, trading their usual scuzz-bomb guitars and acid-damaged vocals for something more jangly and flat-out pretty (not a bad thing).
I'm liking this too. Have you, or anyone else for that matter, heard the A side yet?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

RSD is becoming such a cash grab here. How many repro 7"s are they gonna release. Or those really dumbass expensive lp's as 7" box sets. Every record shop I go into still has tons of those Beatles "1" and Pink Floyd The Wall boxes and Rolling Stones No Pare Parts 7"s(which were supposed to be "uber limited"). I am under the assumption the shops get terms on that limited RSD stuff and eventually get stuck with that stock and having to pay for it there by defeating the purpose of Record Store Day. Call me a cynic.
Things of interest possibly:
Luna vinyl or Lee Hazlewood Lp.
Thats it. Not lining up for those records.
I give up.
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

I'd love to get hold of a copy of The Heads release, but have no chance of getting to a record shop on Saturday.

So if any kind soul could get one for me (I'll join the queue behind the others who've already asked) I'll be grateful (and will buy you a pint).
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

spzretent wrote:Things of interest possibly:
Luna vinyl or Lee Hazlewood Lp.
Thats it. Not lining up for those records.
I give up.
These are the ones I want, too, but I'm not going to great lengths, either. It's too much of a pain in the ass and I support my local record store a ton already.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Here it is so geeky and competitive. There really isn't anything cool over here like that Heads Lp. Not that I am a huge Heads fan but there is only 250 of them. I get that. I understand that excitement.
Not the US list.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

ah fuck it, i'll share my little secret- paul, you should just go to the wicker park reckless records on record store day. no lines, minimal frustration and last year i got everything i wanted and wasn't even able to get there until about 4pm or 5. they price everything very reasonably as well. plus, the people who work there are very nice.
the us list is kind of lame, i agree. at least it'll be easy on the wallet.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

It's an odd day, actually. I go into record stores a lot....even if I don't buy anything. It's like a magnet that sucks me in and I love to just thumb around and hope that I might find something truly special and wish that I was wealthy. More often than not it is just me and a handful of other guys in there. They range in age but most of the geeky ones are my age (40+) and the younger guys are hipsters. Rarely do you see women in there and if you do they are often with their boyfriend/husband who is looking for something.

BUT, on Record Store Day it seems like people of all ages and gender come out of the woodwork and go to the record stores. So, I guess the marketing/promotions/special releases work.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I think a lot of us spend so much time in record shops anyway RSD is more of a hassle.
Last year I walked into two shops, spent $350(which I had no business doing) and then having a severe case of buyer's remorse and listed most of what i bought on line. And sold most of it immediately for a tidy, really tidy, profit. But I didn't feel good about it. I felt that defeated the whole purpose of RSD.
Same thing with limited beer releases here. People hoard if they can and then $20 4 packs of beer wind up on ebay for $100 almost immediately.
I guess you cant really stop it.
I had a conversation with a record shop owner yesterday. Someone has sold off a lot of mid 80's to early 90's UK imports 12"s and US promo 12"s. I bought about $10 worth yesterday. He mentioned everyone thinks their records are worth a ton of cash. And people buying a lot to relist on ebay. I do that to help pay for my "habit". I'm sorry, but if I find 6 or 7 12"s worth $15 to $20 for $1 each you are damn right I am going to buy them and resell them.
I'm pretty sure that comment was directed at me. I dont really care. It wasn't confrontational. I told him half of this is for me and I will try and sell off the rest to pay for it all. He said thats great, I totally understand that.
About 8 years ago they bought a huge reggae collection from this shop of which I knew there was value thanks to Runcible. I must have spent $300-$400 over the course of 1 month. I am not kidding when I tell you that it all went for nearly $7000. I never told them that of course.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

hrm...

Pelican
Australasia
LP x2 Black/Gold
QTY: 200
Label: Hydra Head
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

may be of interest to some here Moon Duo ,have their recent remixes collected on 12" white vinyl ,limited to 800, for RST and can be pre-ordered here ,to cut out the hassle,

http://souterraintransmissionseu.bigcar ... es-remixes

delivered to your door UK for less than £13 :D
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Just seen that they've got a couple of BRMC releases from Record Store Day this year. They're re-issuing Howl on double vinyl and along with a Howl Sessions album:-

http://www.resident-music.com/productde ... t_id=20073

http://www.resident-music.com/productde ... t_id=20074

They don't come cheap though.... £26 and £19 respectively. Never managed to get hold of Howl on vinyl first time round though so that might be a must for me. Trying to get hold of the original or any of their first 3 albums on vinyl is proving almost impossible.

I've also noticed they're doing a re-issue of Ride's Going Blank Again, but again its not cheap...£29.99 to be exact. Again, this is an album that I bought on CD at the time so would love it on vinyl but, like most of the vinyl releases of that era, they're pretty rare and pricey to pick up now.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

The Ride Lps have been around. Is it the one on double 45rpm vinyl?
I was selling those for less in dollars if that is the case. $28.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Yeah, could be. Here's a link for it on the Rough Trade site:-

http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_det ... sku=350068

I think for that price I think I'd rather take my chances on hunting down the original on Discogs or E-Bay. Though, I must say, the re-issue of their debut I have on vinyl sounds great.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Thats the one. On Obscure Alternatives.
They must be importing some from the US. It goes both ways. Shipping jacks the price of everything up.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Shinesalight wrote: They don't come cheap though.... £26 and £19 respectively. Never managed to get hold of Howl on vinyl first time round though so that might be a must for me. Trying to get hold of the original or any of their first 3 albums on vinyl is proving almost impossible.

I've also noticed they're doing a re-issue of Ride's Going Blank Again, but again its not cheap...£29.99 to be exact.
That IS a lot of money! What, nearly $50 or so? I'm sorry but eventually one has to question this cash cow. Why re-release BRMC if it was already released on vinyl? And why on double LP? Money, that's why! Why so much for the Ride LP? This kinda thing is essentially no different than the re-release of 'Star Wars' or 'Titanic' in 3D. Why? So they can charge a heck of a lot of money for tickets to milk even more money out of the franchise (presumably on a younger generation who never saw it on the big screen?).
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

redcloud wrote:
Shinesalight wrote: They don't come cheap though.... £26 and £19 respectively. Never managed to get hold of Howl on vinyl first time round though so that might be a must for me. Trying to get hold of the original or any of their first 3 albums on vinyl is proving almost impossible.

I've also noticed they're doing a re-issue of Ride's Going Blank Again, but again its not cheap...£29.99 to be exact.
That IS a lot of money! What, nearly $50 or so? I'm sorry but eventually one has to question this cash cow. Why re-release BRMC if it was already released on vinyl? And why on double LP? Money, that's why! Why so much for the Ride LP? This kinda thing is essentially no different than the re-release of 'Star Wars' or 'Titanic' in 3D. Why? So they can charge a heck of a lot of money for tickets to milk even more money out of the franchise (presumably on a younger generation who never saw it on the big screen?).
to be fair the Howl sessions has never been available on vinyl at all ,and the Howl vinyl goes for crazy money these days ,so BRMC fans seem happy to pay these prices ,the thing that fecks me of is a part from RSD these are only available from BRMC`s USA based online store and the shipping charges ,jessuz ,their steep , I `d like the Howl Sessions but not at those prices ,maybe get it at Piccadily next week if they have any left,
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I'm still umming and ahhing over whether to fork out on those 2 BRMC releases. :?

As an aside, one of our record stores in Brighton, Resident (http://www.resident-music.com/) has just been announced as the winner of best UK indie Record Store in conjunction with Record Store Day for the second year running. Going to be queueing outside their store tomorrow from about half 7 in the morning but I've heard of people getting there before 5am on RSD in previous years!!!! :shock:

Anyway, good luck everybody in getting your hands on what your after.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

Last edited by Multi on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Liverpool: Probe Records, MASSIVE line outside the shop! Bugger..,.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

olan wrote:Liverpool: Probe Records, MASSIVE line outside the shop! Bugger..,.
Just what I was going to say olan! Don't hold up much hope of any records being left by the time I make it in
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I got down to Resident in Brighton at 7.30 this morning and the queue was huge. I waited for 2 hours and only moved a 1/3 of the way along it and, by then, I was freezing so gave up and came home. What a totally frustrating experience. Of course its not the shops fault... they had a ticketing system in place so everyone was served in the order they arrived in. Going to head back in to town later and see if I get on any better. Hopefully the handful of records I'm after aren't exactly what everyone else is after too. :(
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Yeah, I gave up too once they told me that their only copies of the Luna records had gone. I had others ob my list, but the chances were that they would have been gone by the time I got to the front.

Note to self, get up earlier next time!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

So I got to Piccadilly Records at about 6am. They opened an hour early at 8am instead of 9am. I managed to get to the counter to make my choices at around 10am. 4 HOURS of that is not good for my legs or my mind. It was pissing down.

I managed to get...
Both Luna albums
Guided by Voices 3x7" pack
Leonard Cohen EP
Sigur Ros 10"
LCD Soundsystem 12"
and The Heads LP

Missed out on VU, nightmare.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

Glad you got the Luna LPs James, do you mind me asking now much they were please? Cheers.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

clewsr wrote:Yeah, I gave up too once they told me that their only copies of the Luna records had gone. I had others ob my list, but the chances were that they would have been gone by the time I got to the front.

Sorry Clewsr. If you were in the line at Probe I snagged the Luna LPs.

Everybody seemed to be after the Morrissey release, so despite being about 70th in line I managed to get away with:
Moon Duo: RMXS
The Cure: Faith (impulse purchase motivated by nostalgia)
Luna: Romantica
Luna: Rendezvous
The Heads: Radio One
Orbital: Wonky 7"

Sadly no Hookworms split single ( didn't get any stock) and the BRMC vinyl had disappeared in the chaos. As soon as I got the Heads & Luna I was ready to go. It was really, really freezing waiting in that line......

Plan for the rest of the day: Red wine. LPs. Arse. Sofa.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

olan wrote:
clewsr wrote:Yeah, I gave up too once they told me that their only copies of the Luna records had gone. I had others ob my list, but the chances were that they would have been gone by the time I got to the front.

Sorry Clewsr. If you were in the line at Probe I snagged the Luna LPs.

Everybody seemed to be after the Morrissey release, so despite being about 70th in line I managed to get away with:
Moon Duo: RMXS
The Cure: Faith (impulse purchase motivated by nostalgia)
Luna: Romantica
Luna: Rendezvous
The Heads: Radio One
Orbital: Wonky 7"

Sadly no Hookworms split single ( didn't get any stock) and the BRMC vinyl had disappeared in the chaos. As soon as I got the Heads & Luna I was ready to go. It was really, really freezing waiting in that line......

Plan for the rest of the day: Red wine. LPs. Arse. Sofa.
Curses Olan! I might have guessed it was you. You must have been alot further ahead in the queue than I was though. I was after the Moon Duo as well, Also Luke Haines, and BRMC

Nevermind. Hope you are enjoying your Luna and Wine. :mrgreen: Mr Green because he is the only one that looks at all jealous.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Just got back home from my second visit to the check out the goings on of RSD. Went back to the shop I queued at for 2 hours this morning to see that the queue had nearly gone and the people who were a little behind me in the morning's queue were only just coming out. That means if I had stayed with it this morning I would have had to have waited approx 5 hours to get served. Anyway, the good news is that I managed to pick up the following from 3 different stores in Brighton:-

The Heads - Radio 1
Moon Duo - Remixes
BRMC - Howl Sessions
Black Angels - Watch Out Boy/I'd Rather Be Lonely 7"
Velvet Underground - Loaded reissue on pink vinyl

It turned out that, for the things I was after, it was much for me to come in half way through the day rather than stand around queueing for 5 hours. Lesson learnt? :?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I knew I couldn't stay away.
First shop I walked into was picked clean.
Second shop I bought:
Bitchin Bajas LP/DVD
BRMC Howl Sessions
Lee Hazlewood 2xLP
No sign of Luna lps.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

The Luna LPs sound fantastic, really chuffed with those. Still disappointed about the VU one, sold out real quick here. The Luna LPs were £18.99 each.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I managed to secure a Luke Haines LP via mailorder directly from Fantastic Plastic records, so I'm happy about that. Now if I can score the Luna records for a reasonable price, I'll be a happy camper and will have avoided standing in ridiculous RSD lines.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

If anyone in the US can pick me up the Sigur Ros Hvarf/Heim LP I would be a happy chap, but I have realised late that we got the rough end of the deal with a single 10" from them.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

olan wrote:Sadly no Hookworms split single
What is this is exactly? I hadn't heard of any Hookworms RSD release before today and can't find any info about it.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Just got back. I picked these up:

RSD release: Grateful Dead - May 4, 1972 "Dark Star" Ltd. Ed. LP (for runcible)

For myself I didn't get any RSD releases but I did pick up:

Five Day Week Straw People (reissue LP)
Mary Butterworth (reissue LP)
both obscure 60's gems and original copies are much more than I can afford.

The line going into the shop was sluggish but the line going out was outrageous. It snaked all the way through the store. Those wanting to get to the 7" section and those in line for the till were in same queue. Took us 45 minutes to pay.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Shinesalight wrote:
What is this is exactly? I hadn't heard of any Hookworms RSD release before today and can't find any info about it.
I think it was meant to be the Kogumaza split but wasn't pressed in time. Details on their Facebook page - now out on May 28th.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Shinesalight wrote:
Might have been my imagination, but the bloke at Probe knew about it. I suspect there is a split single coming, but not for RSD. At my age my memory is not to be trusted.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Got the Luna lps at shop # 4 visited.
I am a little peeved at two of the shops jacking up the prices a couple of bucks because they can. Over list price. Dicks! :evil:
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

spzretent wrote:Got the Luna lps at shop # 4 visited.
I am a little peeved at two of the shops jacking up the prices a couple of bucks because they can. Over list price. Dicks! :evil:
Have a look at eBay for prices on The Heads Radio One LP. 300% markups at a minimum....thieves.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

I had my 40th birthday party the night before (yep, happy birthday to me!), got trashed, went to bed at 5am, 3 hours before my local shop opened. Got up late morning, stumbled around, drank rehydration and alka seltzer things, played the Big City/Drive 12" a couple of times to sooth my bones, put on some shades then headed out at 2.30pm to Fives in Leigh On Sea to see what scraps they had left.

Picked up the Black Angels 7" and left it at that. They did have things like the Simple Minds 12", Toy 7", BRMC's LP's, but it would have been a case of buying them for the sake of it being RSDay rather than for a proper want/need. The Black Angels was my main want. I quite fancied the Lee Scratch Perry box and the VU 7" but they were long gone.

Apparently the first person in the queue got there at 2am. Madness. I left the pub at 1am before heading back to my flat for more partying. I could've snuck in the queue, bottle of gin in my bag, passed out around 4am, dose of piles from the cold pavement............or maybe not.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

haha good story. happy birthday. Sounds like a good 40th.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

runcible wrote:
Shinesalight wrote:
I think it was meant to be the Kogumaza split but wasn't pressed in time. Details on their Facebook page - now out on May 28th.
Oh good, I haven't completely lost it then.....
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Anyone got a spare Heads album they've decided they don't really want after all? :wink:

Fuck those ebay/discogs scumbags. :evil:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

i waited in line for an hour and a half and missed out on the black angels and beach house 7" singles as well as the sigur ros 10". i did get-

lee hazlewood double lp
chocolate watch band 7"
at store #2 i got-
the cure- entreat plus
brmc- howl (i didn't bother with the sessions lp since i'm not a huge fan of theirs- i never bought 'howl' when it came out and it's just one of those things i never got around to despite having the first two for so long.)

the numero group did their pop-up store again and i went to that. it was incredibly crowded and overwhelming but nice. tons of independent vendors with boxes and boxes of old vinyl and i did some digging for about two hours and still managed to not make much of a dent in what was there. spent about 10 bucks there and walked away with a stack of old soul 45s and a few lps. since it was at the empty bottle this year i had a beer before i left.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

The Lee Hazlewood 2x LP is freakin' fantastic. The best packaged Lp I have seen in eons. Not just the photo but the thickness of the sleeve and the sound of the vinyl.
A serious thumbs up to Light In The Attic.

Any idea just how many times Raw Power is going to be reissued, repackaged? It must be a long running joke at Sony.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

i'm throwing that one on next. i almost passed it up, but i'm glad i went ahead and grabbed it. light in the attic always put out great stuff.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

shalloboi wrote: chocolate watch band 7"
What song on A & B sides?